Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 05-01-2012, 01:08 AM   #57
KD Innovations

Drives: 2012 ZL1, 2009 CTS-V
To date I have run about 60 CTS-V's on three different dynos. 446-455 RWHP is right about where most stock A6 CTS-V's come in at and there is very little variance. An owner log is managed on one of the other forums with a lot of data on how they perform.
KD Innovations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:59 AM   #58
Drake Heminger

Drives: 2014 Stingray Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by KD Innovations View Post
To date I have run about 60 CTS-V's on three different dynos. 446-455 RWHP is right about where most stock A6 CTS-V's come in at and there is very little variance. An owner log is managed on one of the other forums with a lot of data on how they perform.
Man thanks for sharing your number with both vehicle and I'm VERY convinced the Z is pushing well over 600hp... Numbers don't lie is what they always say!
Old 05-01-2012, 02:16 AM   #59
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake Heminger View Post
Man thanks for sharing your number with both vehicle and I'm VERY convinced the Z is pushing well over 600hp... Numbers don't lie is what they always say!
Drake, I don't think that there is enough data to support your theory, I think we should reserve judgement until there is more dyno testing done.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 02:22 AM   #60
SixGracing

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 A6
Unless someone wants to pull a ZL1 motor and do an actual engine dyno, everyone is just guessing here. There is no way to figure what percentage of loss through the trans, driveshaft, etc. I don't think GM would underrate something when it's all about who has the biggest HP numbers these days. If anything sounds like the dyno numbers at the wheels are a little high. Who cares anyway? The dyno is for baselining, tuning, and comparing for gains. Put the cars on the track. This is where it all matters. The rest, just a bunch of numbers..
Old 05-01-2012, 02:24 AM   #61
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixGracing View Post
Unless someone wants to pull a ZL1 motor and do an actual engine dyno, everyone is just guessing here. There is no way to figure what percentage of loss through the trans, driveshaft, etc. I don't think GM would underrate something when it's all about who has the biggest HP numbers these days. If anything sounds like the dyno numbers at the wheels are a little high. Who cares anyway? The dyno is for baselining, tuning, and comparing for gains. Put the cars on the track. This is where it all matters. The rest, just a bunch of numbers..

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 02:31 AM   #62
Drake Heminger

Quote:
Yes no very true and u have a point... But Chevy has a corvette in front of them... Mustang is Fords corvette...
Old 05-01-2012, 02:39 AM   #63
Drake Heminger

But yes let's see them on a track! I'm convinced the ZL1 will still win!
Old 05-01-2012, 02:50 AM   #64
Black GT
Banned

Drives: 2006 Mustang GT
Quote:
But yes let's see them on a track! I'm convinced the ZL1 will still win!
Lets see ANY ZL1 on the track.
I haven't seen a track thread yet, for a purpose built track car, but there are a few threads for drag strip.
Black GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 03:21 AM   #65
Drake Heminger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black GT View Post
Lets see ANY ZL1 on the track.
I haven't seen a track thread yet, for a purpose built track car, but there are a few threads for drag strip.
Yes... Crazy we haven't seen any yet I mean I'm not going to as its my only car but I would like to see some!
Old 05-01-2012, 04:24 AM   #66
KKreme15

Drives: C6 Z06
Guys, for every one that dynos 515 rwhp, there's one that dynos 465 so...
KKreme15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 06:13 AM   #67
Matster

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM/IOM #3625
Quote:

416 Forged Stroker, E-Force Supercharger, Blower Cam, Rotofab CAI, Stainless Works 2" LT Headers and 3" Exhaust, LPE ZR1 Twin Disc Clutch, DSS 1400 HP Axles, Pfadt Performance Kit Stage 3.
Matster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:00 AM   #68
Long Carbine
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 GT500
Quote:
I see it possible the Chevy underrating the hp... if its doing that to the wheels it has to be more to the crank... of course I will always say 580 but if there is more that is very impressive... good news to see!
My 2003 Cobra made 611 rwhp SAE on a Dynojet.

But, if you looked at the HP curve on my dyno sheet it spiked when I let off and threw on about well over 20 rwhp. I always said my 03 made 590.

If you look at his curve it's probaly closer to 485 at the tire.
Long Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:02 AM   #69
Wondering

Drives: Z06,GS Vert,Ford GT
Quote:

ORLY?

My Z06 dynoed 462 RWHP when it was new. A few months later,I decided to do a few mods and had it dynoed again to set a baseline. The result? 448 RWHP. And I didn't think a thing about it,because a dyno is a TOOL.

It is not an absolute.

What is an absolute is the SAE rating. Anything else is just wishful thinking. Way too many people get caught up in dyno numbers. In this day & age,there are no "factory freaks" and they most certainly do not underrate them.
Wondering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:14 AM   #70
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
This is just a thought on the SAE Certification, I've been reading on the subject for quit a while now. Everything I've read on the subject that I could find states, the whole point of it is so manufactures can't fudge their numbers higher than what they actually are. Nowhere have I read anything, that said the numbers couldn't actually be lower. It seems the number tested at and advertised is basically just a minimum, that seems to be + or - a certain percentage. I've seen nothing that would stop a manufacture from advertising an under rated horse power.

Just my thought for the day, while drinking my first cup of JOE while waiting on my order to get here.

Last edited by SlingShot; 05-01-2012 at 08:44 AM.
SlingShot is offline   Reply With Quote