Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

View Poll Results: ZL1 or GT500, Which one would you get?
ZL1 5 35.71%
GT500 9 64.29%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-18-2012, 10:25 AM   #477
KennyC
Banned

Drives: 2006 Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffrcobra_65 View Post
where is LOWDOWN, we need his expert input on these GT500 stock tires 1/4 times.
I just heard MM&ff was doing the testing there, and the car is trapping 125! Track and weather aren't that great either. Shit....... I hope they followed proper break in procedures.
KennyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:27 AM   #478
JimmyDeanSausage
Banned

Drives: GM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
1) It is a sad state of affairs when interlopers from Brand F feel compelled to invade a private site dedicated to the enjoyment of a DIRECT COMPETITOR, wave their flag and spread spurious undocumented drivel and fanboy fantasies
It's hilarious seeing YOU, of all people, accusing someone else of spurious logic and fanboy fantasies. Look in the mirror bro.

Quote:
about a ridiculously overpowered, underengineered weapon that is band-aided by electronics to perform in a civilized manner for 90% of its buyers...while, apparently, the other 10% will become garage (cave?) dwellers. Nannies, BTW, is a widely used term to describe electronic auto aids...right?
Nannies? Like the PTM and launch control on the ZL1? I guess the GTR is a piece of garbage too? And the Vettes that come with PTM?

Your arguments are a joke, the only person impressed by them is yourself. They are based on ZERO substance or experience, they're just the rantings of an ignorant fanboy.
JimmyDeanSausage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:30 AM   #479
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndCamaro79 View Post
A mustang guy (non media) was let into the media day for the Shelby at Road Atlanta. He said they were just at the Ring for testing NO numbers. He also said no numbers would come out of the media day, and there was no ZL1 there

I'll tell you what I don't know how F-body Father and Team Camaro puts up with us? We demand soooo much more from Chevy than the Mustang guys do from Ford. They can't track the Shelby online, they don't have any test numbers, and Ford is kinda like hey you get what you get when you get it.
Some of us don't need to be lied to. We just would rather have the car speak for itself without hyper-bs. Can't track the car online? What's the big deal with tracking, owners are getting them starting this week, they know their car is coming, not held in QC. Does it somehow make the car faster if you know its travel route between the factory and your dealer? Test #s, how about 11's 1/4 mile on STOCK tires from Road Atlanta media testing, TODAY! Ford has released the Kraken.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:34 AM   #480
FNBADAZ06

Drives: C6 Z06 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyC View Post
I just heard MM&ff was doing the testing there, and the car is trapping 125! Track and weather aren't that great either. Shit....... I hope they followed proper break in procedures.
Just interested.......what is wrong with the track and weather ?
Local weather shows 71 degrees, 54% humidity, and a dew point of 54 degrees.
FNBADAZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:35 AM   #481
BigHemiSrt
Account Suspended

Drives: 07 Dodge Charger SRT8
Quote:
Some of us don't need to be lied to. We just would rather have the car speak for itself without hyper-bs. Can't track the car online? What's the big deal with tracking, owners are getting them starting this week, they know their car is coming, not held in QC. Does it somehow make the car faster if you know its travel route between the factory and your dealer? Test #s, how about 11's 1/4 mile on STOCK tires from Road Atlanta media testing, TODAY! Ford has released the Kraken.
I can feel i can really feel it...

Numbers are coming. Koolaid drinker like lowdown, brace yourself. Its about to get REAL.
BigHemiSrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:38 AM   #482
Black GT
Banned

Drives: 2006 Mustang GT
first mag driver run 11.8@121
Black GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:40 AM   #483
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black GT View Post
first mag driver run 11.8@121
just to be fair, what does that translate to "corrected"?
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:44 AM   #484
JimmyDeanSausage
Banned

Drives: GM
Quote:
just to be fair, what does that translate to "corrected"?
11.5 @ 126.
JimmyDeanSausage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:44 AM   #485
BATMAN!
Banned

Drives: Corvette, F350, Durango but no svt
Well I hope that ring time makes those of you who live by it happy because your going to see tail lights at the only track they will ever meet at.
BATMAN! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:44 AM   #486
KennyC
Banned

Drives: 2006 Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by FNBADAZ06 View Post
Just interested.......what is wrong with the track and weather ?
Local weather shows 71 degrees, 54% humidity, and a dew point of 54 degrees.

It's a fact the track is less then stellar. Ask anyone who runs there, even during events let alone a couple street cars testing. And the weather isn't terrible, but it ain't the conditions these mags like to produce the best times possible. I'm sure they would rather be at Atco in November. Lol.
KennyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:45 AM   #487
BigHemiSrt
Account Suspended

Drives: 07 Dodge Charger SRT8
121 seems a bit low... But very first test @ 11.8 is pretty good. Almost a whole second quicker than the ZL1.

Im saying a best mag time of around 11.5@123mph
BigHemiSrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:46 AM   #488
BATMAN!
Banned

Drives: Corvette, F350, Durango but no svt
Where's that guy that never shuts up?
BATMAN! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:46 AM   #489
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by 72MachOne99GT View Post
Okay. I'm not going to even bother.

But you did...

I don't feel it necessary to come here waiving an F flag around in defense like someone with an agenda. I came here to learn about the ZL1 so I had something to compare my new car to.

This entire thread is predicated on "waving the F flag"..."GT500 Attacking the 'Ring" is actually more like "limping 'round the 'Ring"...

"Learning about the ZL1..." is a worthy pursuit, here, but tellin' us the 5.77 lb/hp horse will hand us back our wallet 'n watch regardless of locale is, frankly, not being very "objective"...NOR FACTUAL. That's why I highlighted the multiple "autocross" references from Ford's own press release, for instance...

I've not been on this site long, but I've done more than my fair share to remain civil and respectful.

To your credit. But NOT the case with ALL the Ford fans...
Until we have DIRECT head-to-head testing, NO ONE KNOWS FOR SURE. And even when that empirical data IS collected, there will be those (as we already see regarding Chev's strip times, and video) who will NOT believe the "impossible" could occur. That the lowly ZL1 is far less compromised, without Radio Shack electronics onboard to harness far more power than a pedestrian wagon-axled under-tired (fr AND rr) chassis can/should be expected to "deliver"...

"GT500 BEATS ZL1 in EVERY TEST, EVERYWHERE!" Don't hold you breath on that headline appearing ANYTIME soon. The more we learn about the 5.77 lb/hp, the more I'm convinced it really is a "One Trick Pony" vs. the ZL1.

[no pun] Time will tell...

I'm definitely "lowdown" and I approve this message.
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:48 AM   #490
2ndCamaro79

Drives: 2014 V-Sport/ 2015 Escalade
Quote:
Evan Smith a pro driver had a best run of 11.8 sec @123. Times ranged from 12.6 sec (High) to a pro time of 11.8 (Low). That being said GM (non pro) engineers got a 11.9 with the ZL1 so its a drivers race. With all that HP and extra time to prepare the cars are about the same.
2ndCamaro79 is offline   Reply With Quote