Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 05-21-2012, 05:41 PM   #99
swizlstik

Drives: 2018 Garnet ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by htron50 View Post

You can't fix what ain't broke... and the ZL1, IMHO, is perfect!

Old 05-21-2012, 06:05 PM   #100
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbls1 View Post
Why don't you take that walk?? After you....
You're the one riding the Ford bandwagon

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 06:07 PM   #101
Bad@ssCamaro

Quote:
Again....the corvette top dog card. The ZL1 came into the market as an answer to the gt500, and the gt500 responded soundly. Unless chevy responds, no rationalization will be able to mask the appearance of a mismatch between the two cars with the same performance theme.
I think Chevy's doing a pretty good job compared to Ford's deeper pockets

Old 05-21-2012, 06:09 PM   #102
Bad@ssCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRDTD View Post
Why are we going through the SAME arguments time and time and time again???
Because we're idjuts?

Old 05-21-2012, 06:13 PM   #103
Bad@ssCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanokpsi View Post
I think all of these "in order to be comparable to the ZL1" talk about getting the GT500 with the optional packages. Over here in reality, somone could walk into a Ford dealer, pay 55k for a gt500, and spank the Z on the street for less money due to no GG tax. Chevy needs to offer the Z equiped simlarly to the base GT500 and under cut its price. Just offer it witht eh 1LE suspension and get rid of the coolers. IMHO that is more feasible/realistic than bumping the power untill the next car comes out. Plenty of buyers will buy these cars and never use the handling capabilies of it. Far more will be wishing and modding for more under the hood.
You have no proof of that. Troll

Old 05-21-2012, 07:32 PM   #104
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
You're the one riding the Ford bandwagon
Because they've got the fastest car in the town......Just sayin. If chevy would say or do something then perhaps I would feel a bit more optimistic.

My gripe is not that chevy can up the ante, but will chevy respond...and with the camaro?!.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 07:51 PM   #105
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
Because we're idjuts?
Old 05-21-2012, 07:55 PM   #106
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Because they've got the fastest car in the town......Just sayin. If chevy would say or do something then perhaps I would feel a bit more optimistic.

My gripe is not that chevy can up the ante, but will chevy respond...and with the camaro?!.

You just refuse to understand that Chevy can't because their Top Tier car is the Vette. They can't have the Camaro out perform their Top Tier car. The Mustang is Ford's Top Tier car, with no where else to go.
Old 05-21-2012, 08:00 PM   #107
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
^The fact remains...that right now chevy's effort got outclassed. The numbers are out, and no matter what anyone says about it, right now the Ford is on top of the camaro in performance.

The Top Dog argument is flawed IMO as it stands. If you're going to pull out the big brother vette everytime an enemy shows up, then it begs the question as to whether the zl1 should be around in the first place. Not saying that they should get rid of it, but if it won't compete with its closest competitor, then it makes better sense to get rid of it and just have the corvette.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:29 PM   #108
Rice Killer
Cooter

Drives: my wife crazy
Quote:
^The fact remains...that right now chevy's effort got outclassed. The numbers are out, and no matter what anyone says about it, right now the Ford is on top of the camaro in performance.

The Top Dog argument is flawed IMO as it stands. If you're going to pull out the big brother vette everytime an enemy shows up, then it begs the question as to whether the zl1 should be around in the first place. Not saying that they should get rid of it, but if it won't compete with its closest competitor, then it makes better sense to get rid of it and just have the corvette.
Really? Get over yourself. If you are interested in going 200+ mph and plan on spending $55k for a drag racer, yeah maybe the crown goes to Ford. But if you plan to drive it the way 95% of the ZL1 owners will, and GT500 owners for that matter, then I'd say there is absolutely no reason to "get rid of it". Both cars are awesome in their own right, but for the majority of the buyers who will drive these vehicles on the street, the advantages of the GT500 become a little less relevant. The advantages to those 95%(ish) buyers, will be found in the ZL1. My 2 pennies.
#1451 - 2012 ZL1 - White, Black Wheels, Manual, Suede Package, and Exposed Hood Insert. Delivered on 6/20/12. Thanks to Jason from Symdon Motors in Evansville, WI.
Rice Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:50 PM   #109
hognutz

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:

pulling out the big brother vett is no different than 99% of the people who post here who don't own a 2013 GT500 or are you too blind to see that.

what is the differnce. there is one dude on here that has one and he seems like and alright guy. eveybody else is living through others.

I drive a GT but ford makes a faster car than your ZL1 even though I don't have it. bla bla thank you drive through.

I am more pissed that I don't have mine yet. I won't stop till I am running tens so what do I car if a stock gt500 runs 11.5. what is he going to care if he is willign to make his run 9's. shut up and drive the cars.

it is like listening to someone with an 09 ironed block car with bad balance talk about how good a 2013 will handle. it like thats nice but yours doesn't I drove one when I bought my Z06 and it was miles apart. the new car does't make your old one faster.
2013 ZL1 -sold
2007 Z06- sold
2014 Chrysler 300
2011 Duramax 8" lift, deleted tuned
hognutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 12:12 AM   #110
b_williams_82

Drives: 2013 ZL1 #142
Did we all forget the COPO Camaro?? That's Chevy's straight line car!! If you want straight line only buy a COPO! If you want an all around great car, buy a ZL1!
b_williams_82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:22 AM   #111
KKreme15

Drives: C6 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_williams_82 View Post
Did we all forget the COPO Camaro?? That's Chevy's straight line car!! If you want straight line only buy a COPO! If you want an all around great car, buy a ZL1!
Oh wait... They're only making 69
KKreme15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:30 AM   #112
Bad@ssCamaro

Quote:

But at that Horsepower level, c'mon really..does it really matter? It's like what all the ZL1 owners are saying, it's an awesome car and it's probably more than what they really need. There isn't really a need for oneupmanship in the horsepower category IMHO once you get over 500HP, especially for everyday drivability. It's the overall package is what's most important.