Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 04-10-2012, 10:39 AM   #1
BAWLZ SS

Drives: '10 Camaro LS3 2SS/RS, 1968 Nova
Question Best overall bang for the buck coilovers?

Like the title says. Simply who makes the best coilovers in quality, performance, settings, ride, adjustments.... What is the best bang for the buck coilovers? Some have said BC racing but how do u compare those to others like Pedders, KW ....
Performance- Kooks Headers w/HF cats, ZL1 Corsa exhaust, VMax, CAI Inc. CAI, MGW shifter, RX CC Suspension - KW V3 Coilovers/ Full PFADT & BMR suspension Appearance - ZL1 Fascia/Sides/ Diffuser, AAC Afterburners, RK Sport 3pc Spoiler, SLP Black out Kit
BAWLZ SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:39 AM   #2
Whiteside Customs
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 1lt/rs, 2010 2ss/rs, 2004 GTO
BC Racing. Period. Money back guaranteed!
Whiteside Customs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:16 PM   #3
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Suspension parts, and especially coilovers really are a situation where you get what you pay for. While our coilovers are going to cost a little more than others, what you can expect to receive is a fully developed product exclusively for your Camaro with the best features available on the market today.

The shock bodies of each of our coilovers are inverted which not only reduces unsprung weight, but places the adjuster mechanism conveniently at the bottom of the car. With a traditional non inverted shock you will need to either install an extension or drill the rear deck area to gain access to the adjustment mechanism. With our inverted shock design there is no drilling or adapters needed to access the rear adjusters, the installation procedure is a simple bolt on affair.

Not only are mounting solutions key to designing a coilover that will work well, but the internals are equally as important. The valving of our Camaro coilovers is exclusive to the needs of the Camaro, and was designed by our engineering staff to work best for your Camaro. When you purchase a quality coilover you're not only purchasing quality components, but the expertise that a dedicated engineering team with real Race Car pedigree brings to the table.

If you have any questions please let us know! We are currently in the midst of a slight redesign of our current Camaro coilovers which will make them lighter and allow for slightly more aggressive wheel and tire combinations, while keeping the same great ride quality and improving performance. Here are some preproduction shots of the revised coilovers:

PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:20 PM   #4
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PfadtRacing View Post
...lighter and allow for slightly more aggressive wheel and tire combinations...
I can't wait!!!
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:24 PM   #5
BAWLZ SS

Drives: '10 Camaro LS3 2SS/RS, 1968 Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteside Customs View Post
BC Racing. Period. Money back guaranteed!
Can u PM me with a price!

Quote:
Suspension parts, and especially coilovers really are a situation where you get what you pay for. While our coilovers are going to cost a little more than others, what you can expect to receive is a fully developed product exclusively for your Camaro with the best features available on the market today.

The shock bodies of each of our coilovers are inverted which not only reduces unsprung weight, but places the adjuster mechanism conveniently at the bottom of the car. With a traditional non inverted shock you will need to either install an extension or drill the rear deck area to gain access to the adjustment mechanism. With our inverted shock design there is no drilling or adapters needed to access the rear adjusters, the installation procedure is a simple bolt on affair.

Not only are mounting solutions key to designing a coilover that will work well, but the internals are equally as important. The valving of our Camaro coilovers is exclusive to the needs of the Camaro, and was designed by our engineering staff to work best for your Camaro. When you purchase a quality coilover you're not only purchasing quality components, but the expertise that a dedicated engineering team with real Race Car pedigree brings to the table.

If you have any questions please let us know! We are currently in the midst of a slight redesign of our current Camaro coilovers which will make them lighter and allow for slightly more aggressive wheel and tire combinations, while keeping the same great ride quality and improving performance. Here are some preproduction shots of the revised coilovers:

Can u also PM a price. And when will these things go into production? I like the bottom ones. They match my car! Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
I can't wait!!!
Cant wait either!!!!
Performance- Kooks Headers w/HF cats, ZL1 Corsa exhaust, VMax, CAI Inc. CAI, MGW shifter, RX CC Suspension - KW V3 Coilovers/ Full PFADT & BMR suspension Appearance - ZL1 Fascia/Sides/ Diffuser, AAC Afterburners, RK Sport 3pc Spoiler, SLP Black out Kit
BAWLZ SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:59 PM   #6
dekan513
chevy pride

Drives: 2ss/rs
those are sexy for sure pm price aswell not lookin to do this now but u never know

check out ky speeds fb page https://www.facebook.com/kyspeed
dekan513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:52 PM   #7
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Pedders.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:32 PM   #8
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
Pedders.
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:50 PM   #9
L99CAMA2011

Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
Quote:

L99CAMA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:10 PM   #10
L99CAMA2011

Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAWLZ SS View Post
Like the title says. Simply who makes the best coilovers in quality, performance, settings, ride, adjustments.... What is the best bang for the buck coilovers? Some have said BC racing but how do u compare those to others like Pedders, KW ....
Buddy it all depends on what you want in a coilover. Lowering for looks and more comfort, lower center of gravity and better performance for street , or better performance for track. Many kits available for this platform while offering one advantage may come with some incompatibilities. For e.g. KW V3s gets the cake for being the best quality built pieces, hear say for me I personally prefer Penske, or Bilstein idea of quality.In my eyes the Camaro KW kits from them looks half ass and their V3s or Clubsports isn't compatible with the new FE4/5 swaybar and endlinks, BC seems like cheap metal from Taiwan or Korea, but has a history of being very reliable, decent performance and on the track many prefer the BC ER series which offers the stiffness even I would be contented with. Pedders Supercars are expensive but performs very well as stated whether you believe it or not and gets credit from many users for the creamy smooth ride quality which is maintained regardless of ride height. Pfadt coilovers physically in my eyes provides some very important features for our heavy Camaro like the front inverted thicker shaft that reduces bending and provides a firmer feel during turn in, I didn't however agree with their Idea of balance, I think the rear should be a little stiffer and quicker reaction capability of would be nice. If you can afford the Penske option the you should be able to get a tailor made kit that as far as many are concerned is the cream of the crop but even that comes with a price and a kit that needs maintaining every year or so. Their is even Eibach who I have some faith in and is also comparable in price to these other kits but I no longer trust their reliability. Bilstein Pss 10s are inbound to our shores direct from Germany maybe by summer , very good stuff and hopefully less than $2000. Just trying to give you a little of what I know about what is available. Bc racing ER series somewhat gets my pick for fitment, performance, price and quality. Korean, Taiwan made or not, yes they are still quality made even though the spring perches need to be made of stronger material. Their double adjustable capability is a huge plus for this $1850 priced kit and this puts them as my #1 pick for best bang for the buck, as long as you don't mind drilling. Ans with a rear adapter optional spring rates from Eibach or Hypercoil can also be used, I think you would have to use the 2.5" I.D springs don't remember the lengths at this moment.

Last edited by L99CAMA2011; 04-10-2012 at 11:21 PM.
L99CAMA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:18 PM   #11
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Ridetech's are coming soon when I last spoke to Brett...
Old 04-11-2012, 09:56 AM   #12
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by L99CAMA2011 View Post
Buddy it all depends on what you want in a coilover. Lowering for looks and more comfort, lower center of gravity and better performance for street , or better performance for track. Many kits available for this platform while offering one advantage may come with some incompatibilities. For e.g. KW V3s gets the cake for being the best quality built pieces, hear say for me I personally prefer Penske, or Bilstein idea of quality.In my eyes the Camaro KW kits from them looks half ass and their V3s or Clubsports isn't compatible with the new FE4/5 swaybar and endlinks, BC seems like cheap metal from Taiwan or Korea, but has a history of being very reliable, decent performance and on the track many prefer the BC ER series which offers the stiffness even I would be contented with. Pedders Supercars are expensive but performs very well as stated whether you believe it or not and gets credit from many users for the creamy smooth ride quality which is maintained regardless of ride height. Pfadt coilovers physically in my eyes provides some very important features for our heavy Camaro like the front inverted thicker shaft that reduces bending and provides a firmer feel during turn in, I didn't however agree with their Idea of balance, I think the rear should be a little stiffer and quicker reaction capability of would be nice. If you can afford the Penske option the you should be able to get a tailor made kit that as far as many are concerned is the cream of the crop but even that comes with a price and a kit that needs maintaining every year or so. Their is even Eibach who I have some faith in and is also comparable in price to these other kits but I no longer trust their reliability. Bilstein Pss 10s are inbound to our shores direct from Germany maybe by summer , very good stuff and hopefully less than $2000. Just trying to give you a little of what I know about what is available. Bc racing ER series somewhat gets my pick for fitment, performance, price and quality. Korean, Taiwan made or not, yes they are still quality made even though the spring perches need to be made of stronger material. Their double adjustable capability is a huge plus for this $1850 priced kit and this puts them as my #1 pick for best bang for the buck, as long as you don't mind drilling. Ans with a rear adapter optional spring rates from Eibach or Hypercoil can also be used, I think you would have to use the 2.5" I.D springs don't remember the lengths at this moment.
This.....

Even the BC ER series were really out of my budget so I went with the regular BC coilover. For what I'm doing, mostly daily driving with occassional Drag Race and Auto-X, I'm mostly use mine for looks with good ride quality. So far they've worked great for me. I had 1" Hotchkis springs with timed bushings and all. Now I'm more 1.5" with even better ride quality.

I don't have experience with the other brands so I can only give feedback on the BC. But like L99Cama says, it's all in what you're looking to do.

I spent just under $1,500 for everything (coilovers, install, alignment) and I was stretching my budget for that. If you can afford the more expensive ones then do that. If not look at the standard BC.....just my opinion.

Those Pfadt coils look awefully badass though! I'm sure that would be a great option as well but you're asking for best bang for the buck so I'm going to assume you're on a limited budget like I was......well, still am.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 04:47 PM   #13
Bruce@raymondsperformance

Drives: 2014 Z28 camaro
You will get alot of good venders on this site but we have had great service from Pedders before and after the sale. Pedders are a GMPP part and we keep them instock.
Bruce@raymondsperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 05:06 PM   #14
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce@raymondsperformance View Post
You will get alot of good venders on this site but we have had great service from Pedders before and after the sale. Pedders are a GMPP part and we keep them instock.
True That!

-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote