Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 04-18-2012, 08:29 PM   #29
RamAir02
Shadow Gray '19 ZLE M6

Drives: '19 ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin1106 View Post
Not sure of the best bang for the buck. But def the best. Pedders supercar coil overs. This is my 3rd suspension. Wish I would have went this route first. Would have saved lots of $$$
I believe BC Racing makes Pedders coilovers.

I have BC coilovers and LOVE them. Best mod I've done both aesthetically and functionally.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
PPF | Paint Correction | ZL1 Addons Rock Guards | ZL1 Addons Lift Pads | ZL1 Addons Feather Lite Tow Hook | JWM Smoked Sidemarkers | Wildhammer Smoked Rear Reflectors | JWM License Plate LEDs | RotoFab CAI | ADM IC Reservoir v2 | BC Forged RZ05 | SPL Toe Arms | BW Brake Deflectors | CMS Roll Bar | Schroth Profi II ASM Harnesses
Sold: '99 Trans Am (bolt-ons & cam) | '00 WS6 (bolt-ons, heads, cam, 12 bolt) | '05 CTS-V (bolt-ons, short throw) | '10 SS/RS M6 (short throw, CAI, coilovers, LTs, catback, JRE tune) | '01 WS6

YouTube
RamAir02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:36 PM   #30
Whiteside Customs
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 1lt/rs, 2010 2ss/rs, 2004 GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamAir02 View Post
I believe BC Racing makes Pedders coilovers.

I have BC coilovers and LOVE them. Best mod I've done both aesthetically and functionally.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I have never had a customer disappointed with BC Racing Coilovers. Most people buy into hype. Those that don't get an AMAZING product at an AMAZING price!
Whiteside Customs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:03 PM   #31
bkscott

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Nino, glad you decided to give them a try. You will love this setup. To bad you are not closer so Mike could do the install.

ADM CAI, Borla Type S Cat Back, VMAX Ported TB, LG Short Throw Shifter, 1LE Shocks, Hotchkis Sway Bars, Whiteline Cradle Bushing Inserts, Custom Powdercoated ZL1's ,Michelin Pilot Supersports, Stainless Power Headers, Solo J Pipes, AAC LED Sidemarkers, ZL1 Rockers, SLP Splitter, ADM Stage II Cam,ZL1 Diffuser,Vitesse Throttle Controller.

bkscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:27 PM   #32
MiSS1LE

Drives: 2014 1LE & 2014 C7
I had my BC BR racing coilovers installed ,April 6th by Mike at
Whiteside Customs .
I couldn't be happier the stance and the ride are awesome I can really feel the difference in the cornering as well much better now.
I also had the complete ,Whiteline Bushings & Whiteline rear sway with the Whiteline rear end links installed ....

Thanks Mike ,
MiSS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:09 AM   #33
Whiteside Customs
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkscott View Post
Nino, glad you decided to give them a try. You will love this setup. To bad you are not closer so Mike could do the install.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteVert View Post
I had my BC BR racing coilovers installed ,April 6th by Mike at
Whiteside Customs .
I couldn't be happier the stance and the ride are awesome I can really feel the difference in the cornering as well much better now.
I also had the complete ,Whiteline Bushings & Whiteline rear sway with the Whiteline rear end links installed ....

Thanks Mike ,
You guys are making me blush!
Old 04-21-2012, 09:57 PM   #34
Montducati

Drives: 45th Edition SS, Ducati Diavel, 996
What's the average shop time/charge to install coil-overs?
Old 04-23-2012, 08:53 AM   #35
Rallyman6

Drives: '10 2SS/RS IOM, Wht Stripes, Roof
For the $ = BC's are A+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nessal View Post
IMO, if you're looking to just lower your ride then get the BC coilovers. My car is a DD and I would never even use the higher end coilovers to 20% of their potential so I saw so sense in getting them. My goal was to get a lower and stiffer ride and the BC fits the bill. Find out what your goals are and then go from there.

2SS/RS IOM, Wht Stripes, 6MT, IO Interior, Roof, Eibach Sways, BC Coilovers, BMR Swing arms,Barton Short Shift, BBK LT's, GMPP exhaust, Hi-Flow Cats, MAST Stage 2 Cam, CAI = 470RWHP
Rallyman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:06 AM   #36
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montducati View Post
What's the average shop time/charge to install coil-overs?
It really depends on what your goals for the coilovers are. If you're just looking to get the car setup at the exact stance you're looking for, figure about 4 hours for installation and to setup your ride heights, then another hour to align after the ride height has been set.

If you're looking to really get the most out of your performance coilover package add in another 1-2 hours for a proper corner balance after the alignment has been performed. Corner balancing is the process of adjusting the ride heights of the coilovers to ensure cross weights between the Left Front and Right Rear, and Right Front and Left Rear are as even as possible... this will ensure the best cornering performance with coilovers.
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 12:46 PM   #37
Whiteside Customs
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by PfadtRacing View Post
It really depends on what your goals for the coilovers are. If you're just looking to get the car setup at the exact stance you're looking for, figure about 4 hours for installation and to setup your ride heights, then another hour to align after the ride height has been set.

If you're looking to really get the most out of your performance coilover package add in another 1-2 hours for a proper corner balance after the alignment has been performed. Corner balancing is the process of adjusting the ride heights of the coilovers to ensure cross weights between the Left Front and Right Rear, and Right Front and Left Rear are as even as possible... this will ensure the best cornering performance with coilovers.

Old 04-23-2012, 12:49 PM   #38
ModBargains.com

Drives: Widebody 2013 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAWLZ SS View Post
Well guys i wanna get coilovers mainly cuz i want to lower my car and run 20X10's up front. I love the stance of a lowered car but i do track the car about 4 times a year. (either auto cross or drag) just want it to handle better when cornering hard. (even better than now) so with that said what do u guys recommend???
If you want have a real performing set of coilovers, I'd look at the KW Clubsports which are high and low speed compression adjustable as well as rebound, and ride height adjustable. A set of those are the top dog in terms of affordable suspension units that will be below your competitive Ohlins and Moton kits.

ModBargains.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 01:37 PM   #39
PfadtRacing

Let me clarify something real fast, after rereading our post above I want to be pretty clear about the order of operations when installing coilovers.

Be sure to get your car corner balanced BEFORE you have the car aligned. During the process of corner balancing they will be tweaking your ride heights, which will slightly change your alignment. Be sure that the car gets corner balanced BEFORE alignment, because the car will need to be aligned any time a ride height change is made.
Old 04-23-2012, 02:19 PM   #40
bannonm

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6 VR
Quote:
Originally Posted by PfadtRacing View Post
Let me clarify something real fast, after rereading our post above I want to be pretty clear about the order of operations when installing coilovers.

Be sure to get your car corner balanced BEFORE you have the car aligned. During the process of corner balancing they will be tweaking your ride heights, which will slightly change your alignment. Be sure that the car gets corner balanced BEFORE alignment, because the car will need to be aligned any time a ride height change is made.
So corner balancing is sort of like raising or lowering the car to shift weight around which changes the balance? So I would guess that having it properly corner-balanced could mean the car might not sit the same height across the fronts or the rears depending on how the weight distribution was to start with?
Old 04-23-2012, 02:23 PM   #41
ModBargains.com

Drives: Widebody 2013 Mustang GT
To add something about the KW Clubsports, I also added in this article I found, by KW in regards to their clubsports... Got some fun photos in there as well:

KW Suspensions has increased its coilover lineup for the 2009 Chevy Camaro. The new KW Clubsport coilover kit now offers serious weekend track enthusiasts a daily driven and track capable coilover suspension.

http://blog.kw-suspension.com/archives/2796

ModBargains.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:56 PM   #42
PfadtRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bannonm View Post
So corner balancing is sort of like raising or lowering the car to shift weight around which changes the balance? So I would guess that having it properly corner-balanced could mean the car might not sit the same height across the fronts or the rears depending on how the weight distribution was to start with?
Exactly. If you measure the car from ground to top of fender after a corner balance you may find that the car might not sit exactly level left to right. During the corner balance the shop will either have you sit in the front seat, or ballast the front seat to your approximate weight, along with the approximate fuel load you plan to run most of the time. Once the weights have been set they roll the car onto scales and then make small changes to the ride height of the car until the Corner weights (LF+RR and RF+LR) are the same. The overall weight distribution of the car will determine exactly how much difference there is in ride height between left and right sides. Usually the difference is so small that it's not really noticible, but the scales will tell the whole story.

The corner balancing procedure isn't going to be necessary for everyone, but for those folks building cars that will see track time it's a really great idea.