Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 01-21-2014, 07:34 AM   #29
krusher

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS CGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle@ridetech.com View Post
10lbs. I weighed a factory set and then ours. The rear was 6lbs difference and the front was 4. Might not sound like much, but on a 4,000lb car every little bit helps.
Exactly, thanks for the update.
krusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 09:09 AM   #30
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle@ridetech.com View Post
10lbs. I weighed a factory set and then ours. The rear was 6lbs difference and the front was 4. Might not sound like much, but on a 4,000lb car every little bit helps.
Absolutely. And that is just one part of the equation. If you are intentional you can shed a considerable amount of weight at each corner with your wheel and tire selection as well as brake rotors and calipers.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 10:50 AM   #31
SPCBA

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
any even remotely guessed eta on the better version?
Old 01-21-2014, 04:54 PM   #32
Eddiefuzz

Drives: 2011 RS
$2100 on their website!!! Ooch!!
Eddiefuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 09:18 AM   #33
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddiefuzz View Post
$2100 on their website!!! Ooch!!
You can have cheap parts or you can have quality products but you can't have both. These are not a generic parts that has the mounts changed to fit whatever vehicle they want to start selling them for like a lot of the cheap foreign coil overs are. RideTech worked with Fox Racing and HyperCo to engineer coil over specific to the 5th Gen Camaro platform. You can easily pay a whole lot more for a set of quality American made Camaro coil overs.
Old 01-23-2014, 11:08 AM   #34
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
You can have cheap parts or you can have quality products but you can't have both. These are not a generic parts that has the mounts changed to fit whatever vehicle they want to start selling them for like a lot of the cheap foreign coil overs are. RideTech worked with Fox Racing and HyperCo to engineer coil over specific to the 5th Gen Camaro platform. You can easily pay a whole lot more for a set of quality American made Camaro coil overs.
EXACTLY. My experiance since the 80's and 90's with shocks. You get what you pay for and to many mfg have a generic shock, very cheap or run of the mill in price they teak a bit and say it works with any spring, any never does.You have to get the best out there for that. I got my supercars, one of the last sets around at a good deal, and even though that deal was still alot of money I wasnt going to go less and risk the product not living up to the hype as is usually the case with bottom teir shocks.
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 07:15 PM   #35
Eddiefuzz

Drives: 2011 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
I just stated the price because people were asking. I guess the "ooch" set you off. They can charge any amount they want. I'm not looking to add coilovers, my car is just a daily driver. I'm just trying to learn. Sorry if I offended.
Eddiefuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 07:24 PM   #36
AG1LE

Drives: '14 1LE
Slightly less expensive than the pfadt coilovers. Any useful points of comparison between these and pfadt?
AG1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 08:45 AM   #37
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddiefuzz View Post
I just stated the price because people were asking. I guess the "ooch" set you off. They can charge any amount they want. I'm not looking to add coilovers, my car is just a daily driver. I'm just trying to learn. Sorry if I offended.
No offense taken. Even cheap coil overs are pricey (and expensive coil overs are way more than these) and coil overs are one of those items where you truly get what you pay for. It is not something you want to penny pinch too much on because everything rides on them. Literally.
Old 01-29-2014, 01:44 PM   #38
kyle@ridetech.com

Drives: 1969 SS/RS Camaro
I dug up a few pictures of the install on the front and rear coil overs. I didn't know if anybody would be interested in seeing what it takes to put a set on. There's only a couple pictures of the front. You can see in the one picture the offset holes in the top mount. They're there if you'd like to run some aggressive alignment numbers.
Attached Images

kyle@ridetech.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 04:46 PM   #39
kyle@ridetech.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by 130R View Post
So these are built by Fox? Hmmm, I'm intrigued. Big fan of their MTB shocks…

Interesting upper rear shock mount. Do you have any pictures (might be difficult to get) of that upper mount with the shock mounted?

Is that an adjustment I see under the cap on the fronts?

Will the fronts bolt up to Pedders camber plates?

Finally, standard 2.5" spring? Do you offer optional spring rates?
I don't have that great of photos, but I'll put it on the lift tomorrow and get some.

Not sure as to what you're referring to regarding the adjustment. The pictures are of a non adjustable version that we did the initial development on. The production piece is actually a single (jounce/rebound) adjustable. They offer around 24 "clicks" of adjustment.

I'm not sure on the Pedders plates, but I will find out.

Yes, I've got spring rates in 50lb increments. Depending on your setup and what kind of driving you do I can alter the rate that comes in the kit for no additional cost.

I'll get all of the additional information you requested tomorrow when I get the car up. Stay tuned.
Old 01-30-2014, 12:26 PM   #40
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
I know the guys at RideTech. They are a very high quality organization. The biggest advantages that RT offers are the rear upper mount designed specifically to carry the coilover load and the front clamp style upper mount. The front clevis is robust to say the least. These are high quality product.

The people that have worked on this project are state-of-the-art capabilities from equipment to skill. I would not hesitate to purchase directly from the RideTech http://www.ridetech.com/store/2010-u...hq-series.html

Your are getting more than a $2,100 set of Camaro coilovers. You are getting the RideTech TEAM. Check out the people. http://www.ridetech.com/info/about/
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 03:40 PM   #41
kyle@ridetech.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by 130R View Post
One more thing, what's the maximum spring rate the damping can handle without needing a re-valve? Do you dyno the shocks? Do you offer said re-valving? Can you supply dyno sheets?
There's a lot of rebound damping built into the valve curve on these shocks and struts. You can run a stiffer spring than will ever be needed and still have plenty damping left.

We do dyno the the shocks, but not every single one that goes out. Part of our constant R&D is fine tuning the valve curve, so if we feel the need to adjust it we'll do some dyno testing, but our production units don't get tested. Fox Racing has such high quality standards that we feel it's a little redundant and a waste of resources to do so.

Yes, we can re-valve upon request. It will carry a small fee, but if you can give us feedback and tell us what you're looking for, we can definitely do our best to accommodate you. They're awesome out of the box, but we realize that not everyone has the same driving style, or is doing the same type of driving (Daily driver, autocross, drag racing, etc...).

Going back to your earlier question regarding the Pedders plates, it will required some custom machined spacers and parts to get them to work. There shouldn't be a need for them, you can get all the camber you'll need from our upper mount and the lower eccentric. You can also get some additional positive caster numbers. One of the benefits of our mount versus the Pedders is the rubber damper as opposed to a spherical bearing. The spherical bearing is great for a race car, but it's extremely rigid. This rigidity will cause excessive noise and vibration, and the noise and vibration will be transferred into the cabin. On a track car, who cares! but in a street car that's daily driven, it's going to get annoying after awhile. With that being said, if you are building a track car and or want that rigidity, we do offer a spherical upper bearing on our mount as well.

I'm posting a couple more pictures of the rear upper mount and one of the front upper adjuster. I hope these are what you were looking for.
Attached Images

Old 01-30-2014, 04:33 PM   #42
alv927

Drives: 2013 camaro 2ss/rs dusk edition
pm me for price to 32824 please
alv927 is offline   Reply With Quote