Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 05-03-2018, 04:28 PM   #29
4 FN 27

Drives: 2015 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moreno Motorsports View Post
4 FN 7 I don't know you but you just went up ten rungs on the esteemed level. Respect!
Thank you.

As Tony Montana said in the movie Scare Face "All I have in this world is my word and my balls and I don't break them for nobody".

4 FN 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 06:08 PM   #30
Nick S

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 FN 27 View Post
No. What I am saying is I own a Company. We have insurance to make people whole in the case of an accident. Not to turn a profit based on deceit and their own negligence.

You asked everyone here for a higher bid to "Pocket" more money.

This is a reflection of character. Any potential buyer of Z28 #371 ('15) from the current owner might want to ask themselves what deceit is hidden with in the car prior to purchase.

Your words not mine:

a special note for a Future Buyer:

Integrity is defined by what you do when others are not looking. And you are doing this with the whole world watching.
+1.

#1: Z/28 clearly had a warning tag stating to not take to through any automated car washes yet the owner decided to ignore that warning
#2: owner who made the decision to ignore the OEM warning tag decided to blame the car wash his/her own negligence in decision making
#3: now owner wants to capitalize on the situation and make the car wash pay for new wheels to fix a mistake that clearly could have been avoided with better decision making and then take that money and pocket it to have it just repainted.

And we wonder why everything is so damn expensive in this country.

Completely agree with 4 FN 27.

Integrity is defined by what you do when others are not looking.
Old 05-03-2018, 08:06 PM   #31
1970judge

Drives: 2015 Z/28, 2007 HHR
So glad im not the only one here thinking this. Same here, 4 FN 27, you're small light in a sometimes dim world.
1970judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 09:58 PM   #32
BUBZ28

Drives: '15 Z/28 #0270
Along with the above, OP publicly states his intentions AND the name of the company he's sticking it to.

Strong username to thread correlation.
BUBZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 06:38 AM   #33
Lougill

Drives: 2013 ZL1 convertible
Detroit wheel they have an exchange program.
Lougill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 08:15 AM   #34
frenchsquared

Drives: 15 Z28, 01 Corvette, 96 Corvette
The car wash will not claim it. Not for $2,000. They would raise his rates. He will work hard and make the money. People like you are why insurance rates are so high. Greed. Insurance was designed to easy the situation and worthless Americans have turned it into a get rich scheme. It does seem like only business owners get this concept. So many dead beat Americans think all business owners are rich and should have to give away money.

I hit a rumble strip and bent my front wheel. Guess, I should have made the race track pay for my wheel. Its there stupid rumble strip.
Old 05-04-2018, 08:29 AM   #35
nmarklowitz

Drives: 2015 Z/28 Black #371
Again, I may very well purchase new OEM wheels. Purchasing the vehicle used, I wasn’t aware of all of these warnings and what not. I assumed a touchless carwash was fine to run the car through. I’m glad you guys are the integrity America should be built on. I guess due to electing to take what the car wash is willing to compensate me I’m a deadbeat American ����. They reviewed the videos and investigated and decided their wash was at fault, if it was my fault they simply wouldn’t have paid for it. I too have owned businesses so I’m also aware of the small business owners stand point. At any rate, you guys are right. I’m just a terrible human who’s going to sleep just fine tonight and still not give a shit about your opinions. Thanks for all the advice.����
nmarklowitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 12:22 PM   #36
4 FN 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmarklowitz View Post
I’m just a terrible human
Don't give yourself that much credit. Just a little less than honest. That's all.
Old 05-04-2018, 12:46 PM   #37
nmarklowitz

Quote:
Don't give yourself that much credit. Just a little less than honest. That's all.
You big bad keyboard warrior you. You’ve got quite the opinion and mouth for never meeting me.
Old 05-04-2018, 01:07 PM   #38
4 FN 27

I am far from a Keyboard Warrior. Just a car enthusiast on a Camaro Forum. Yes, like you and others with an opinion.

I get up to St Cloud once and a while. Heck I'll buy you lunch if you have the time.

I just disagree with how you are handling the situation. And I don't think you are a terrible person.
Old 05-05-2018, 06:55 AM   #39
chip4

Drives: 2015 Z/28 Silver #713
Quote:
I couldn't sleep at night knowing I F'ed somebody out of $1700.
That is because you are a good person, it reflects in your character and integrity, its from good breeding and doing the right thing. I wish our politicians had better breeding.
chip4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 12:10 AM   #40
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
4 FN 7 you continue to impress me with how you have made your point without putting anybody down. It reminds me of an article I read and it kinda covers whats been talked about here. I'd post the link but I know most don't like clicking on links. So here the next best thing. It's a little long but I challenge you guys as it's worth the read.

Discriminative Thinking versus Being Judgmental.

A situation that I run into a lot when I see people in therapy is the problem of identifying behaviors they see as "bad" in others versus the desire not to "be judgmental."

A situation that I run into a lot when I see people in therapy is the problem of identifying behaviors they see as "bad" in others versus the desire not to "be judgmental." In other words, someone who is a friend or acquaintance is doing something that you may not approve of, but you quickly censor your critical thoughts about this person because you don't believe it is right to criticize others. You end up saying something like "everyone has their own way of doing things," or "it's not my place to judge others."

Certainly it is not right to "be judgmental." But it is necessary to discern the difference between right and wrong both in our own behavior and in other's. This is particularly true when we consider who we spend time with, have relationships with, do business with, etc. The fact is we are all greatly influenced by the company we keep and in order to choose the right company, we must be aware of the behaviors and values that others have as well as of our own.

So, how is all this related to parenting? Quite simply one of the areas of concern for all parents is who our kids' friends are. Why? Because we know that peer pressure is a powerful force during childhood and adolescence. In order to help our children learn how to pick friends and make decisions about what behaviors they will or will not choose to participate in and join, we have to be clear ourselves on what the process is to make the proper "judgments" without "being judgmental.

Confused? Let's break it down. Very simply what I am saying is this: There is a big difference between what I call "discriminative thinking" and "being judgmental." In the first process, we make a distinction between what behaviors, thoughts, actions or attitudes are productive, evolutionary, relationship enhancing, forward thinking, and in general healthy versus those that are destructive, cruel, de-evolutionary, hard on relationships, and generally unhealthy. For example, I had a friend who used to take supplies from the office where we were both employed for her own personal use at home. She rationalized that she wasn't being paid enough (which was true), so they owed it to her. She felt she was righting a wrong by taking the situation into her own hands. She thought I should do the same. I certainly agreed with her that we weren't paid enough, but in my estimation what she was doing was nothing short of stealing and I didn't want to participate. I didn't voice my opinion about it until she pressed me for it at which point I did tell her why I didn't want to take any supplies. She was upset and defensive and it caused a rift for awhile in our relationship. Eventually she came around to my way of thinking and we were able to mend fences.

The point of this example is that in thinking about the situation, I did not jump to a blanket conclusion that my friend was a "bad person" or even a "thief." There was no need to label her or try and make her feel bad or guilty about her behavior. That would be "judgmental." I did however need to use discriminative thinking and recognize that her behavior was not productive, could have serious consequences, was dishonest, and overall wasn't in anyone's best interest. I recognized the behavior for what it was, made a decision that I could not participate in it, and when pressed, had to speak up and draw a boundary. I still loved my friend and wished we didn't have to go through a rift in our relationship which caused us both some pain, but ultimately there was no other decision for me.

In another situation in the same office setting, one of the secretaries let it be known that she was having an affair with a married man. Soon the office was buzzing with gossip and condemnation of this woman. Many of the regular comments were aimed at seeing her as a bad person with "no morals." There were rather lengthy conversations describing her "sinful" behavior, her "poor taste," and other such personally denigrating characterizations. She was ostracized by some of the other women and soon stories began to appear accusing her other things unrelated to the original theme of her participation in an extramarital affair.

The two situations point out very clearly the difference between discriminative thinking and judgment. In the first situation, there was a recognition of destructive behavior and a setting of boundaries against participation in it. The integrity of all persons concerned was maintained. I valued my friend and did not want to harm her even though I did not approve of her behavior. In the second scenario, the recognition of the poor behavior on the part of one person was matched by the equally destructive behavior of those judging her. In fact, they left a trail of blame, criticism, and hate in their wake that was harmful to both themselves and the woman in question, and did not contribute to the integrity of anyone involved.

The point is this: we cannot nor should we ever deny seeing reality. Of course it is not always so easy to see reality especially when the area is grey, but we must always strive to see things the way they are the best that we can. What we don't know does hurt us. At the same time, behavior that is judgmental, critical, labeling, blaming, hateful or cruel is never healthy. What we want to aim toward is discriminative thinking. We want to recognize poor behavior, attitudes, and activity and set boundaries for ourselves against these without adding a new series of behaviors, attitudes and actions that are equally as bad. The table below sums up the differences between "being judgmental" and making use of "discriminative thinking."

Discriminative Thinking Versus Being Judgmental

Maintains the integrity and value of all persons involved - Denigrates the value of the other person; labels him/her as "bad" or "unworthy"
Makes a distinction between behavior and personal value - Lops together behavior and personal value
Recognizes without harsh blame - Blames and devalues
Allows us to set boundaries while maintaining relationships if that is our aim - Destroys relationships
Gives us a chance to examine our own behavior, attitudes, beliefs and values- Keeps our attention on someone else's faults while avoiding recognizing our own
Promotes love and respect - Promotes hate and disrespect
Is ultimately kind - Is cruel
Helps us develop emotionally, mentally and psychologically - Moves us backward emotionally, mentally and psychologically

Final Thoughts

In some of the examples I have given above, the relationships were kept intact in spite of unwanted behaviors. It is important to teach our children to go one step further and make a decision regarding whether a relationship with a peer should continue or not. The questions to answer with your child are: (1) Will my continued relationship with this person be in my best interest? (2) Are their problems extensive so that my hanging out with them will lead to my getting into poor behaviors also? (3) Is this a person who is able to make corrections or do they continue to make the same mistakes over and over? Your aim is help your child learn to think very carefully about the longer term consequences of relationships. By teaching them to think discriminatively, you help them preserve any good feelings they may have about a peer while also showing them how to evaluate the effect of that person on them. This makes it easier to set boundaries. In other words, we don't have to hate someone or see them as all bad to set a boundary. It is not an all or nothing proposition. We do, however, have the right and obligation to protect ourselves from behavior that is not going to be good for us overall. In fact, this is a lesson that many adults still struggle with as they attempt to avoid "being judgmental." For adults, the process is the same as the one I've outlined here. Hopefully, everyone can benefit.

Last edited by Moreno1; 05-06-2018 at 12:24 AM.
Moreno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 03:56 PM   #41
nmarklowitz

This is impressive, not only are you guys car enthusiasts..you’re psychiatrists, behavioral analysts, priests and all probably grew up as the kids tattling on others.
Old 05-06-2018, 05:52 PM   #42
z28monster

Drives: 15 Z28, 17 GT350R
avoid turning this great Z/28 subforum to the likes of the corvetteforum....
z28monster is offline   Reply With Quote