Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 03-31-2015, 02:57 PM   #43
crc91

Drives: '14 1LS
Well if they can't execute a catch can properly....
Hope your roots set up continues to be problem free!

Patiently waiting for my 2023 SS 1LE
crc91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 04:23 PM   #44
rsv07

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT
I don't know what all happened with the catch can or whatnot, but my personal experiences with Tracey have all gone very well. When I had some unrelated issues the first person I called was Tracey. He helped me diagnose and fix everything over the phone. When the blower ended up not fitting under the hood (I was the first prototype) he went out and got me a ZL1 hood and made a custom insert for it. He didn't charge me for for parts or paint.

I also went back to him after a year to have my boost increased and tune redone and he again helped me out at no charge.

I'm not saying there haven't been problems in the past as I have no knowledge of them, but there's always two sides to a story. We only get to hear one side of it here though.

I remember a time when Tracey was really well respected here. He's been good to me.
Old 03-31-2015, 06:13 PM   #45
crc91

If that's roots is yours what kinda power are you putting down? So you sent that car to Tampa tuning to get retuned?

Old 03-31-2015, 06:21 PM   #46
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Quote:
Originally Posted by crc91 View Post
If that's roots is yours what kinda power are you putting down? So you sent that car to Tampa tuning to get retuned?
That's not the same car from the Tampa Tuning video. Different guy.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 06:33 PM   #47
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
I'm suprised that these guys with blown(roots) V6's aren't more active on Camaro5. This is by far the best forum for these cars. Especially if you're that far into modding the 6.
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 06:35 PM   #48
HP Turbine
Boosted

Drives: 2012 1LT RS... with snails
I think some people are forgetting about the poor fabrication skills and huge booger welds. Ugh those haunting welds.

IPS Twin Turbos, Corsa Exhaust, Ported Throttle Body. 461 rwhp 443 rwtq!! *Cameron Hass.ani*
HP Turbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 06:56 PM   #49
crc91

Oh yeah that car was yellow..... Thanks Jason! Haha

Old 04-01-2015, 08:03 AM   #50
rsv07

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT
I'm a lurker by nature. I used to frequent the site quite a bit, but I stopped because of how inflammatory and negative it had become. I've only recently returned because it seems to have cooled off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JantzenOKC View Post
I'm suprised that these guys with blown(roots) V6's aren't more active on Camaro5. This is by far the best forum for these cars. Especially if you're that far into modding the 6.
Old 04-01-2015, 09:25 AM   #51
Pt_killa

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Turbine View Post
I think some people are forgetting about the poor fabrication skills and huge booger welds. Ugh those haunting welds.
Fortunately the blower intake manifold looks to be machined from solid billet so no need to worry about ugly welds for most of the setup, only intake pipes maybe.
(Sold Sept 2015) Stock 18" Heritage w/ BFG G-Force ZR tires / Blacked out bowties and tail lights / DIY Remote-Mount Turbo Kit (Precision 6776S .81ar ex. @ 6.5psi, Tial 38mm WG, Greddy Type-S BOV) / RX Catch Can / RX-FTI 3600 Stall / Blue Well Lights / Team LLT
Pt_killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 10:50 AM   #52
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pt_killa View Post
Fortunately the blower intake manifold looks to be machined from solid billet so no need to worry about ugly welds for most of the setup, only intake pipes maybe.

Here are the components of the top mount...all CNC'd from 6061 T6 billet, no welding on these, they are made by an aerospace firm with quality second to none and ISO9000 compliant
Attached Images

Old 04-01-2015, 12:26 PM   #53
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtcat600man View Post

Here are the components of the top mount...all CNC'd from 6061 T6 billet, no welding on these, they are made by an aerospace firm with quality second to none and ISO9000 compliant
Man I hope you're getting paid for all this publicity you're giving them lol.

If the company got bought out and is under new ownership then they should see if they can get back on the forum. I'd like to hear what they have to say and hear a lot more about this roots kit that is working so well. Maybe some dyno graphs or 1/4 mile times. I got on the bowtie v6 forum yesterday that he's on and there is pretty much no activity in the FI section.
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 01:47 PM   #54
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
The top mount system seems like a great approach, too bad it doesn't fit under the OEM hood. But like others have said there are ways around that. Some people forget on the "Big V8" builds that some people do, it requires an aftermarket hood with a larger hood cowl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtcat600man View Post
The reason was the hostility allowed by a few other vendors and the drama was not worth it. Only a small handful on the site have attacked him and they are all promoters of a direct competitor....do a search and find 2 plus years with nothing but praise on this site until the competitor got involved. Look at his itrader rating:
Careful now. IIRC you haven't dealt with any of the RX FI systems, I have. Lets for a minute assume the RX catch cans are the best on the market (for the record, I had one and it appeared to function). The engineering behind a successful catch can is significantly less than a FI system. Just because you can make good catch cans doesn't mean you will have a good FI set up. Of the total number of people that have/had an RX system how many are still happy with it, or even still using it? Gretchen? No. Cant_C_Me? No. MrGood? No. SIXJAK? No. V6owner? No. Me? No.

Now everyone I listed above were one of the "early customers" of RX, so perhaps the quality of work has greatly improved but I cannot comment on that. I can only comment on my personal experience, as documented in my build thread here (which I see you conveniently left out on your list of customer reviews): http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...225854&page=13

Talking to Tracey in person, he's a very nice guy and for the most part took my calls/e-mails when a problem came up. Unfortunately the quality of work on the physical FI system didn't follow. This billet work does look pretty clean and much different than what I've seen from RX in the past, so that is promising.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 02:02 PM   #55
V6owner
Cedar Creek Woodshop

Drives: One Badass 1LE
You post all those feedbacks and what not back when he was still in the process of screwing me. So those are irrelevant.

Anyway my view is he is a con and does horrible work. If whoever still believes him hi then more power to you. I know none of his garbage is going on my car again.
Old 04-01-2015, 02:13 PM   #56
mpiersd

Drives: ABM #2041
Possible to purchase the SC mount on its own?

Bernadette: 2LT/RS, ABM #2041 of 3903
ZL-1 Springs | CAI | Muffler delete | Magnaflow resonator | LED DRL | DRL harness | RX Catch Can | Mini me

Cortana: 2015 Harley Davidson Road Glide Special
V&H Power Duals Headers & Oversized 450 Raider mufflers | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 Chisel Extreme intake | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 programmer | Klock Werks 12" Pro-Touring windscreen

Own an Aqua Blue Metallic Camaro?
Click here to join us on Facebook and help us in establishing the Aqua Blue Registry to locate all 3903 of these beautiful Camaros!
mpiersd is offline   Reply With Quote