Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 01-14-2016, 07:39 PM   #855
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
Finally worked up the nerve to start cutting on my hood, just a rough hole so far but I'm liking it.
Attached Images

JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 07:50 PM   #856
SIM GhostrdrZ

Drives: ‘14 Z/28 ‘14 ZL1 M6 vert
I'm on board with you. Cost wise, v6 with a few engine mods, brembo brakes, awesome suspension aftermarket mods and wham, an awesome daily driver.
SIM GhostrdrZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 08:07 AM   #857
Pt_killa

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro V6
Wow Jantzen, you're going all out, can't wait to see when its done!!
(Sold Sept 2015) Stock 18" Heritage w/ BFG G-Force ZR tires / Blacked out bowties and tail lights / DIY Remote-Mount Turbo Kit (Precision 6776S .81ar ex. @ 6.5psi, Tial 38mm WG, Greddy Type-S BOV) / RX Catch Can / RX-FTI 3600 Stall / Blue Well Lights / Team LLT
Pt_killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 09:26 AM   #858
hunterv6
Always bet on Black

Drives: 2011 turbo LS, 2012 f 150,
Got my vote for COTW, great build.
<font color=#0066cc>http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283263</font>
hunterv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 09:37 AM   #859
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Very Cool V6 build! Love to see something a little different from the norm. Great job!
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 11:32 AM   #860
JantzenOKC

Thanks everyone, it's taking me a lot longer than I thought it would but hopefully it will turn out to be a beast. I want low 11's!! I'd say I want to run a 10.99 but I don't want to set my sights too high. But considering I was running 12.1 @120 with a motor that was on its way out, a 2.0 60ft. and not the best da, I think it might be possible. Converter, drag radials, and more boost should help A LOT.
Old 01-16-2016, 12:29 AM   #861
Tajefe Couple

Drives: Never just fly under the radar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JantzenOKC View Post
Thanks everyone, it's taking me a lot longer than I thought it would but hopefully it will turn out to be a beast. I want low 11's!! I'd say I want to run a 10.99 but I don't want to set my sights too high. But considering I was running 12.1 @120 with a motor that was on its way out, a 2.0 60ft. and not the best da, I think it might be possible. Converter, drag radials, and more boost should help A LOT.
When are you expecting the machine work to be back? I'd like to see you run it and break into 10's. Maybe I can talk the wife into Remington Park part of the day and the other part at the other track? Your only three hours away and I'd like to see this beast of a car run and possibly make Camaro history. Fastest 1/4 mile V6 Camaro ever?
Your should think about looking up the dung beetle when you get done.
Old 01-16-2016, 12:44 AM   #862
crc91

Drives: '14 1LS
Dung beetle vs twin turbo v6 Camaro ???
+1!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patiently waiting for my 2023 SS 1LE
crc91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 04:44 AM   #863
JantzenOKC

Funny you should say that, the guys at my shop said the same thing. They think I should call out the dung beetle online when I get done. It would be fun, maybe race him for $100 or something. That beetle is fast though, he'd probably be hard to beat in the 1/8 mile. 1/4 might be a different story though. It would be fun either way. I drive by farm truck's house all the time, maybe I should stop in there when my cars done and do a little fishin of my own. "It's just a little V6..." LOL.

The dung beetle leaves HARD though, I've seen him pull the wheels off the ground at the track. Hung tha Dung!!
Old 01-16-2016, 05:15 AM   #864
JantzenOKC

And as far as the machine work goes, I'm still waiting on the custom pistons from Diamond. They were supposed to be shipping yesterday so I should see them next week. I ordered them through Gwatney in Jacksonville. Aaron Salisbury has been great, he really helped me out alot with them. I shipped him two of my factory pistons and he spec'd them for me and worked with Diamond on all the details, like figuring out how much to take away from the dome to get to 10.5:1 compression. I was stressing out trying to work with the piston companies on what I need. Aaron does this everyday and really knows his stuff so it was nice for him to handle that for me.

So as soon as the pistons get here, I can take them to Henson Racing Engines with my crank, rods, and block. He's going to do the balancing and the honing. That will probably take a couple more weeks, the good engine builders are always backlogged. We're getting closer though! Still waiting on the 3" v-banded downpipes from Fabberge too, Brian said he was building them for me the other day just had to send them to get ceramic coated may be another couple weeks on those.

And then when I get it all together and get the motor broke in, it's on the trailer and going to Gwatney in Jacksonville, Arkansas to let Ryan(Rhino79) dyno tune it and street tune it for drivability. Maybe Aaron will have the tranny back in Gretchens car by then and we can run em... TTV6 vs. TTV6!
Old 01-16-2016, 07:55 AM   #865
alice

Drives: 2010 camaro limited edition turbo
Sounds like you have the best people involved in your build! And the fact that you are not short changing anything and using the best of parts, well, I am quite confident that this will be a very successful and re-warding build. I am very anxious to continue following your project to completion and seeing the results. As you know, I have a TT V-6 also and it is a blast to drive on the street. Just love blowing SS's and GT Stangs off the road. Good luck and enjoy your build.
alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 09:10 AM   #866
JantzenOKC

Quote:
Originally Posted by alice View Post
Sounds like you have the best people involved in your build! And the fact that you are not short changing anything and using the best of parts, well, I am quite confident that this will be a very successful and re-warding build. I am very anxious to continue following your project to completion and seeing the results. As you know, I have a TT V-6 also and it is a blast to drive on the street. Just love blowing SS's and GT Stangs off the road. Good luck and enjoy your build.
Thanks Monty!
Old 01-20-2016, 09:21 PM   #867
smithnc

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS
Great to see the progress! How much for the vbanded down pipes?
smithnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 06:08 AM   #868
JantzenOKC

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithnc View Post
Great to see the progress! How much for the vbanded down pipes?
They haven't given me a price yet, but hopefully they will be kind to me since I'll be making their kit look very good this year. I noticed on their website that it's $600 extra if you want the vbanded downpipes with your kit.