Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 04-30-2011, 01:29 AM   #29
thehulk

Drives: 2011 Synergy LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom40k View Post
Gretchen and the other FI guys here have provided invaulable information to the members of these forums. All I see you doing is causing social issues. If the easiest route to your happiness is going for an SS.... then jump on the wagon man.
that is why i proverbially tipped my hat.
thehulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 07:02 AM   #30
Nique303

Drives: 2010 Camaro
"""""Check this out, Jay Leno works with GM to design this masterpiece, a 3.6L direct injected V-6 with a pair of Turbonetics T-3 turbochargers blows through a custom air-to-air intercooler, force-feeding the engine about seven pounds of boost and lifting its horsepower level to about 425.""""

with the right hook up should be pulling great times

GretchenGotGrowl and everybody else making there own turbo setups keep it up keep the dream alivE !
ZEX NITROUS KIT
REAR WINDOW LOUVER
CUSTOM PAINTED RIMS
CUSTOM PAINTED CALIPERS
WHITE RACING STRIPES
METRA KIT INSTALLED
PIONEER TOUCH SCREEN DVD
1-12INCH PRIMIER SHALLOW MOUNT SUB
800 WATT SINGLE CHANNEL PIONEER AMP
FRONT AND REAR LIGHT BLACK OUT KIT
Nique303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 11:28 AM   #31
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehulk View Post
pardon my interpretation, but if you spend several thousand dollars and hundreds of man hours on a turbo and its still not working properly, that in itself is awful.
That post pretty much sums it up. You present your "interpretation" as facts here and in other threads, you have no facts. You have nothing to base any interpretation on. You don't even ask the questions. For example, where did you get the hunderds of hours from??? I WISH I HAD SPENT HUNDREDS OF HOURS ON MY CAR!!! I love working on my car and if I wasn't working 300+ hrs/mo I would maybe have spent hundreds of hours on it over the last few months, and LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT.

Here are some facts so you can quit misinterpreting things:

1) Tracey and I built the whole thing in 1 week. I doubt we spent 100 hours total.
2) Since I got back from FL I haven't spent 20 hrs on it. The longest session was the day we took the exhaust off to get all the oil out -- about 3 hrs including a lot of talking with my friends as we waited for parts to dry.
3) My automatic V6 now puts out more power than an L99 SS at just 4.5 psi. At 9-10 psi it will rival the ZR1. That will take about 45 min. to swap springs and log it for Vince and about 10 minutes to install any new tune that may be necessary. WHAT MOD CAN YOU DO THAT TAKE 1 HOUR AND ADDS THAT MUCH POWER?

If you are looking for power without having to work on your car then fine. Just don't tell me and everyone else that you know more about the value of having turbos on the LLT than we do. You don't have one and therefore have no experience with them.

When and if you get the SS, have fun with that idea that they won't need to be worked on. The oil, diff and tranny fluids need to be change, it will need new plugs, the tires will wear out, etc... As for me, I'll keep enjoying my cars and truck and keep wishing I could spend hundreds of hours working on them.
Old 04-30-2011, 11:33 PM   #32
Pt_killa

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehulk View Post
thanks mang, i appreciate it. i just did some pricing and it might be cheaper to upgrade to a 1ss, and i'd get the brembo's too. any info would be awesome.
Hey Hulk2, check my thread for my 1/4 mile time: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143029
Pt_killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:20 PM   #33
pistolgripcopo1
pistolgripcopo1

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro Carbon fiber gray
Stop working on it and drive the darn thing, Thats what their made for.
Old 03-28-2012, 11:07 PM   #34
Dobbins

Drives: 2010 LLT CGM STS Turbo- 500 HP V6
Well I have a turbo and it isnt done yet, but its just night and day. The car will be able to hang with just about anything that isnt just nuts. But, if you want an amazing track time, I hate to say it but you should get an SS and do what you want to it. The reason we throw the money down is to get a unique car that is different, and is FASTER, and BETTER GAS MILEAGE than an SS for still less money. It is a good feeling to see the looks on peoples faces when they see what they think is just a stock v6 fly past them. A turbo v6 is just the perfect street car, it will beat just about anything you go up against, and will be able to hang with even most high end cars to some point.
Dobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:36 PM   #35
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Not sure why your attacing Gretch, pretty stupid especially when he has provided times.
As for me, what I want is a highway pull car, or a beast on a roll, dont care for launches at the track but thats me personally, and you can build a Turbo 6 to go fast at the track too. Theres just alot of stuff to sort through before we hit that point and without these guys here jumping into the FI world, well never get there
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:39 PM   #36
Dobbins

ya, im with you TJ, I love hitting it off a roll rather than just smokin the tires from a stop. The car is a beast on the highway and off a roll.
Old 03-29-2012, 08:41 AM   #37
Pt_killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobbins View Post
ya, im with you TJ, I love hitting it off a roll rather than just smokin the tires from a stop. The car is a beast on the highway and off a roll.
Get the .81ar housing, you may lose some lowend but highway driving will never be the same! Just installed a couple days ago.
(Sold Sept 2015) Stock 18" Heritage w/ BFG G-Force ZR tires / Blacked out bowties and tail lights / DIY Remote-Mount Turbo Kit (Precision 6776S .81ar ex. @ 6.5psi, Tial 38mm WG, Greddy Type-S BOV) / RX Catch Can / RX-FTI 3600 Stall / Blue Well Lights / Team LLT
Old 03-29-2012, 10:23 AM   #38
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pt_killa View Post
Get the .81ar housing, you may lose some lowend but highway driving will never be the same! Just installed a couple days ago.
^^^THIS^^^
It will also help keep the charge temps down for extended runs under boost. May not be much, but everything helps.
Old 03-29-2012, 11:15 AM   #39
Dobbins

How much does that cost? and wow, just read the whole thing and it seems like all this hulk guy wants to do is attack people when he hasnt done anything in the first place. People like that just need to stay off of forums that are doing fine. If all he wanted to do was critique when he has done nothig to show for, he just needs to stay away. He seems like a pretty immature guy with his "meows", and "panties in a bunch" comments when all Gretchen was trying to do was give him the info he asked for and be helpful but he chose to attack. Hulk if you wanna act like a bitch go elsewhere.
Old 03-29-2012, 12:18 PM   #40
Pt_killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
^^^THIS^^^
It will also help keep the charge temps down for extended runs under boost. May not be much, but everything helps.
This is very true, car runs much smoother now. I did many back to back runs from 60-110 and the .81ar pulls were more consistent than the .68ar (results if interested, 60-110 three times back to back in DRIVE: .68ar 59F: 8 seconds, 10 seconds, 12.5 seconds, .81ar 85F: 5.5 seconds, 8 seconds, 6 seconds). Also gas mileage went up about 2-3mpg and car has about 1.5 hg more vacuum at idle. Lastly a little quieter than the .68ar. I still keep the .68ar for if I ever want to go into drift events or play around on the streets. Dobbins, you have the 60-1 so the spool shouldn't be affected as much, with the 67mm ive lost about 600rpms of spool in every gear. Call STS for price of the .81ar housing for your brand turbo. I paid 220 direct from Precision. If you know the trim of your p trim wheel you can order from horsepower freaks for probably cheaper than sts.
(Sold Sept 2015) Stock 18" Heritage w/ BFG G-Force ZR tires / Blacked out bowties and tail lights / DIY Remote-Mount Turbo Kit (Precision 6776S .81ar ex. @ 6.5psi, Tial 38mm WG, Greddy Type-S BOV) / RX Catch Can / RX-FTI 3600 Stall / Blue Well Lights / Team LLT
Old 03-29-2012, 01:05 PM   #41
puertoricanfont

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2ss
Pt killa. Your car has to be a beast in the highway. Why rpm does your turbo Begin to spool at now?
Old 03-29-2012, 01:10 PM   #42
TexasCamaro5
Bayou City Muscle Cars

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
My attitude is just ignore those who try to get a rise out of you for their own entertainment. As far as the cost of upgrading the LS/LT models compared to upgrading an SS, the costs can pretty much be the same. It just comes down to what you want and what you can afford. Originally I was going to wait till December of 2010 to buy a 2SS/RS but decided financially it would make more sense to get a 2LT/RS and it's been a lot of fun learning how to make it faster. Even the SS guys in the club can't wait to see how fast my car will go now with the upgrades installed. Now later down the road I can see myself purchasing a V8 car/truck but this car will always have a special place with me.
TexasCamaro5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forced induction, supercharger, turbo, v6 llt