Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 09-20-2014, 07:46 AM   #43
ckosiek

Drives: Former owner 2013 ZL1 Convertible
Thanks for your work and effort....
ckosiek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 09:59 AM   #44
YoungMulaBaby

Drives: Camaro 2014 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by TofuDragon View Post
GM ignition system works off 2 wires: ACC and IGNITION unlike all other manufactures that uses 3: ACC, IGNITION and START. Normally vehicle is triggered to crank off START input where as GM vehicle works by sensing IGNITION while ACC drops OFF. When you starting is ACC state our system our system drops off ACC before IGNITION coil energizes and thous creating a race condition and ignition does not recognized by vehicle as a START trigger. We will look into future product update to include a 100ms delay for the ignition to come ON before drops out ACC.
So what did you connect the "START" of the advanced keys module to?
YoungMulaBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 10:44 AM   #45
TofuDragon

Drives: 2010 2LT RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungMulaBaby View Post
So what did you connect the "START" of the advanced keys module to?
White wire Positive Start from AK Push Button Start module to Purple/Yellow wire Start+ from Fortin EVO-ALL.
Old 11-22-2014, 04:28 PM   #46
bologdl

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT RS
I just installed the Fortin GMT1 with the THAR GM1v2 harness. Everything works except I cannot use the mechanical cut off key in the ignition. If I use my spare key and fob I can start the car via the push start button. For some reason the transponder code is either not being sent by the Fortin or some issue with the Advanced Keys wiring.
When I use the mechanical key and press the start button I get a Chk engine light and security light on. Any ideas were I went wrong?
bologdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 12:06 AM   #47
TofuDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bologdl View Post
I just installed the Fortin GMT1 with the THAR GM1v2 harness. Everything works except I cannot use the mechanical cut off key in the ignition. If I use my spare key and fob I can start the car via the push start button. For some reason the transponder code is either not being sent by the Fortin or some issue with the Advanced Keys wiring.
When I use the mechanical key and press the start button I get a Chk engine light and security light on. Any ideas were I went wrong?
Thanks for the PM, guess I'm no longer subscribed to the thread. Response sent.
Old 11-23-2014, 12:21 PM   #48
layzurguy
Ride On!!!!

Drives: 2012 SS Ragtop
did AK finally update their unit?
Old 11-23-2014, 04:51 PM   #49
TofuDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by layzurguy View Post
did AK finally update their unit?
This is the latest email conversation I had with them on Oct. 30, 2014. In other words, no, no update yet for Camaros unfortunately. :\

Quote:
Hello AdvancedKeys,

It has been over a month since the last email and I just wanted to check in with what you said about a future product update. Do you have an idea of the timeframe when the feature you mentioned will be supported? I would like to have a system that works 100% and if an updated system comes out, I would like to know about it to acquire it.
-------------

Hi, we will let you know as soon as it's close to ready.

Regards,

--
Product Support
Advanced Keys Inc.
Old 01-01-2015, 07:03 PM   #50
steve7251

Drives: 2010 camaro
advanced key

What problem are you having , mine works good but with the bypass if I just turn on accessories then turn off starter turns over for 1 second, so moved the key fob sensor to the cup holder. Drop key in holder and security system let's car start. Also put a switch under dash to use the bypass without key fob in holder.

Last edited by steve7251; 01-04-2015 at 05:19 PM.
steve7251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 07:23 PM   #51
layzurguy
Ride On!!!!

Drives: 2012 SS Ragtop
just got this update the other day.

FYI, we have updated thePSB firmware and it will work better on the newer Camaro. Update version will be available starting on the week of 12th.

Regards,

--
Brian Wen
Product Support
info@advancedkeys.com
+1 (519) 697-2185
Advanced Keys Inc.
Old 02-01-2015, 10:50 PM   #52
Netraa

Drives: 2014 2ss/rs
any news on this? was the OP able to get the new software and did it resolve your issues?
Netraa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 11:36 AM   #53
TofuDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netraa View Post
any news on this? was the OP able to get the new software and did it resolve your issues?
Nope, still waiting on Advanced Keys to send out their updated controller to replace the presumably faulty one I have. I've been waiting since September of last year, checking in with them every few weeks... gives you an idea of the turn around time. Last update was they were going to be shipping one of the updated ones out to me last Friday, so we'll see. Been driving around with the inconsistencies and quirks since I installed it.

steve7251 says he got his to work, no quirks.
Old 02-02-2015, 08:55 PM   #54
RedRyder

Drives: 2010 VR 2SS/RS M6 Camaro
RedRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 10:28 AM   #55
RedRyder

Drives: 2010 VR 2SS/RS M6 Camaro
Updates?
RedRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 10:31 AM   #56
TofuDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRyder View Post
Updates?
I received the updated controller from Advanced Keys, swapped it for the one I had installed in the car ... and see the exact same behavior. So whatever the issue was that prevents me from starting while in green-ACC-mode wasn't because of the controller. At this point, I'm just glad the new controller didn't make things worse. When I get time (not sure when) I'll go back and mess with it some more, but at this point I may be ready to throw in the towel and just live with the issues.