Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 05-17-2019, 06:14 PM   #1
IASS

Drives: 2014 ss
Setting up Nitrous with Kenne bell bap

Back info. I have nitrous set up with a the Nos plate kit, Lnc 2000, and a Innovate motorsports psn-1. Going to be adding in a Kenne bell bap to help stabilize fuel pressure while spraying. Found install instructions from lingenfelter on how to use the bap with a rpm window switch so I'm going to change that circuit to turn on when the nitrous system is armed that it will activate the bap as well.

So the question is I've seen 2 different install methods for the bap. Pre and post FPCM. People where reporting it works both ways but with less effect pre fpcm. but that post fpcm must be used in a way that won't have it active all the time due to it getting overloaded and not knowing what to do with idle and low load use. Basically you can't keep it working full time post fpcm as it will keep blowing the fuse/ function improperly. However pre fpcm they are showing as hooking it up to the wire from the rear fuse box to the fpcm.

Has anyone used this with nitrous? pulling from the fuel rail pre fpcm seem to be enough or should I just go post since It will only have the wire active when nitrous is armed?
IASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 10:26 AM   #2
IASS

Since there doesn't seem to be any solid answers on this im going to try pre FPCM first per Lingenfelter's way of installing this. Instead of using the vac or boost hobbs switch going to activate it with a relay that closes the circuit when I arm the nitrous.
Attached Images

Last edited by IASS; 05-18-2019 at 10:41 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-18-2019, 02:47 PM   #3
IKILLEDSUPERMAN_ZL1

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Looks like a solid plan.
2011 Camaro 2SS, 6.0 iron block forged bottom end, Dart heads, BTR intake, Huron twin turbo kit, Summit stage 3 twin turbo cam, Circle D stage 4 6L90, 3800 FTI converter. BMR suspension, Viking coil overs, Fore triple pump fuel system.
IKILLEDSUPERMAN_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 10:36 PM   #4
IASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by IKILLEDSUPERMAN_ZL1 View Post
Looks like a solid plan.
Thanks I have her all wired up now just waiting on a dry track day to log some data starting with the bap set to 20% on the dial.

I'm hoping this will keep the rails full as I'm tapped in there for the fuel solenoid. AFRs and everything have been good until I let off then they'd dip just a little lean as if the rails got minorly emptied from the hit so push the pump a lil harder and roll out before I disarm this way it boosts it before hit (on arm) window switch triggers nitrous with bap still active I let out of throttle wot switch disables system and then shut the arming switch of a couple seconds later to help "recover" from the hit. Which would then shut the 20% bump off.