Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > New Member Introductions

Old 10-03-2018, 09:15 AM   #1
verdicaysen

Drives: 18' 1SS 1LE HyperBlue
Talking Too Many Questions

Lo all,

35 yo US Navy Vet. Got out in 09 to start a family. I was a amatuer bike racer in my early 20's, mostly just 600CC. Grew up with a grandfather who worked on Chevy's and another who worked on Ford's. They were your local town single owner garage guys. As a kid I grew up always wanting a Camaro, but it was always a financial challenge.

At this point in my life i'm finally at the place where I can seriously purchase a new car without feeling the pinch. So i've been in the search for "my Camaro" roughly 5 weeks now and still going. I've been ghosting around on the forum for a couple of those weeks and finally registered this past week. To be honest the more time I have to do it (reading those awful A8 issues, my thoughts are with those owners!) i've found there are so many more intricacies to ownership than I initially realized. I think i'm getting to that point of decision paralysis because there are so many things to consider.

The purchase is inevitable, I just haven't found the right dealer and the right car yet. I hope spending more time around everyone will put me on the right path.
verdicaysen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 06:17 PM   #2
Peelam

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS, Jet Black, M6
I feel your pain. I was in a similar position when I started looking for my Camaro. I had a few ideas in mind when I was looking. For me it all came down to what I really wanted/needed in the car. Unfortunately I did not find this forum until after I made my purchase but that's ok.

I knew when I was looking I was going to have to go used as new was out of my price range. I also knew that I wanted a Gen6 so that meant 2016 or newer. After much searching I finally found my Camaro 3 months ago.

This is what I got.

2016 1SS M6 Jet Black, Less than 24K Miles when bought, really good deal from a semi-local dealer(60+ miles away), Certified Pre-Owned so still under warranty. No mods yet but I have a few things I will be getting in a couple months, AWE Touring Resonated Cat-Back Exhaust, Roto-Fab CAI, CAGS Eliminator(have need to install). Not going to do much more than this, change some fluids for better performance, wear protection. This is my daily driver and I commute 100 miles round trip 5 days a week.

Don't let the bad things you read on here stop you from getting the Camaro you want.
Old 10-04-2018, 07:37 AM   #3
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5/6. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wives', husbands, girlfriends and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Old 10-04-2018, 10:34 AM   #4
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
Welcome, you’ve come to the right place.

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 06:58 PM   #5
witenite

Drives: 2010 2SS non RS
Welcome! Good luck on the search.
Old 10-05-2018, 08:01 PM   #6
verdicaysen

Drives: 18' 1SS 1LE HyperBlue
I found her! It was actually really hard to find a manual in general in my area but I found it. Had most of what I wanted. I did opt for the V6 over the V8 - but I consider it my "Training wheels" RWD. I haven't had anything bigger than a 4 Cylinder in 20 years - so this still feels like a huge step up. My last car was a Kia Rio and it only had like 120HP.

Feels amazing, and it's been a crazy journey. I intend to step up to the V8 in the coming year or two and i'll be pestering Becky if all goes well.

verdicaysen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 08:48 PM   #7
witenite

Drives: 2010 2SS non RS
Nice! Congrats on finding her!
Old 10-05-2018, 10:50 PM   #8
Peelam

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS, Jet Black, M6
That's great enjoy the new ride and welcome to the club.
Old 10-11-2018, 06:07 AM   #9
USCAMARO14

Drives: 2LS 2014
WELCOME!!
Old 10-11-2018, 06:38 AM   #10
Deputy347k9

Drives: 2014 Ashen Gray Convertible
Welcome to the Forum. You will find great individuals that will bend over backwards to help you out. God knows I have probably been a pain in several tail ends when in need of assistance, but they always came thru for me. Like you this is my first Camaro and it took me quite some time before I found the right one, one that both the wife and I liked. Had it over 18 months now, ZERO problems, couple of mods but love the car today as much as the first time I sit in her. Good luck with yours. Hope to see some pictures.