Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-03-2009, 01:38 PM   #1
zayzaydaboss

Drives: 2010 2LT RJT Camaro, 1986 Benz 190D
tinted window help and advice

does anyone know the tint limit for california? and if so, can you even tint the driver seat and front passenger side windows? cuz alot of cars out here are usually tinted just for the back seat passenger side windows. =\ but damn it i want my side windows tinted dark. =( can anyone help me out with this info please?
zayzaydaboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 01:46 PM   #2
C Dub

Drives: Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
This website can help you. www.tintlaws.com According to the site you can have 70% front windows ( which is not dark AT ALL) and any % on rear side windows and back window.
C Dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 01:51 PM   #3
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by C Dub View Post
This website can help you. www.tintlaws.com According to the site you can have 70% front windows ( which is not dark AT ALL) and any % on rear side windows and back window.
Keep in mind, all of your windows come from the factory at 70% (it's stamped in the corners). So, if 70% is your legal limit, what you have is what you get.
Old 11-03-2009, 05:03 PM   #4
thomas granger
just awsome

Drives: 2010 camaro ss 2 bumble bee
Send a message via Yahoo to thomas granger
when you get your rear window tinted check if your radio plays ok cause when i turn on my rear window defoger on and radio on the radio loses signal of station did not do this until i tinted my rear window
thomas granger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 05:05 PM   #5
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
You'll need to have them install ceramic rear window tint; no radio issues. I have all 5 back windows done...
Attached Images

2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 05:42 PM   #6
JohnInSoCal

Drives: RJT L99 500HP
in california no after factory tint is allowed on drivers or passenger side window according to CHP. Factory tint is ok.

http://www.chp.ca.gov/html/answers.html
JohnInSoCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 01:19 AM   #7
zayzaydaboss

Drives: 2010 2LT RJT Camaro, 1986 Benz 190D
thanks 4 da help guys. yea its 70% on the passenger side n driver side windows. dats almost no tint at all!! california's tint laws r whack!! damn it!!
zayzaydaboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 05:26 PM   #8
mutant chicken
Mutant Member

Drives: '10 SS/RS, '10 Mini , 07 Harley
I agree, Ca. tint laws suck !

No allowed by law on front doors at all beyond factory tint, that doesn't seem to stop more than half of the people out here from tinting them any way, it just gets too darn hot to not tint. We added the added the lightest tint to the doors ( 50? ) and the next darker on the three back windows, we had to do something and figured we will deal with the ticket if we have to later. As it is every suv and minivan in sight has all the windows tinted so we aren't too worried but we tried not to get carried away. : )

My sig pic makes it look way darker than it is but it does cut the heat quite a bit and so far no problems with the radio either.

mutant chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 05:43 PM   #9
JohnInSoCal

Drives: RJT L99 500HP
cops do not pull you over for tinted windows here in socal unless they want to pull you over for some other reason. Even when pulled over for speeding they don't seem to even bother with tint. Now if it was limo dark then maybe. So the risk of getting a fix it ticket is extremely small here, however use your judgement because it does make seeing things at night harder unless you are in a really well lit place. I worry about liability a bit if you are in some serious accident with injuries and they find out you have illegal tint and it could have played a role in accident then you may be toast.
JohnInSoCal is offline   Reply With Quote