Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 04-13-2016, 11:54 AM   #85
Stainless Works

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonGSA View Post
I've been digging and I noticed that on the site, there's an option for axle back, quad tip for NPP AND factory connection. Is this a typo or a real version of the axle back? I have to admit i really haven't stuck my head under the rear of the car yet, but I thought there weren't any factory connections back there.

I'm looking at making my NPP system a little louder, but since the car is lease I dont want to be hacking apart the stock system. Otherwise, I'm back to looking at the cat back with factory connections so its a straightforward, damage free swap.

Thanks
Hi JonGSA - You are correct, there is no factory connection point. To install ours or any other axleback, you will need to cut the stock system.

To keep the stock system you'll need our full system or the catback system. Either system is installed without cutting. The catback system bolts at the factory connection point.

Here's the catback with the afm valve.
http://stainlessworks.net/camaro-ss-...lved-quad-tips
Stainless Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 12:11 PM   #86
Stainless Works

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpang1234 View Post
I'm primarily looking for a system that does the following:

1. Retain NPP functionality - switch from quiet profile to loud profile.
2. Retain OEM to near OEM decibel level in Tour Mode...so I can take phone calls.
3. Achieve better than OEM sound in Sport & Track Modes...no drone in highway cruising.
4. Avoid any weird ricer noise due to AFM.
5. Ultimate horsepower/torque gains are not necessary.

Would the Axleback be my best ticket?
Hi bpang1234 -

1. Our NPP systems do this.

2. Decibel level in tour mode is a little louder than stock depending on the system. It is not so loud that you can't take a phone call. You can see the decibel levels in our video

3. Sounds great in all modes.

4. I didn't notice any ricer sounds with or without AFM valves. But... when I drove it, I had a hard time laying off the gas

5. Horsepower gains are alway necessary

I would recommend the axleback system if your not worried about gaining horsepower. That would give you a good upgrade in sound while retaining your NPP functionality.
Old 04-13-2016, 03:24 PM   #87
Kracka

Drives: 2021 Corvette Z51
Would you be interested in selling just a mid/X-pipe replacement that deletes the secondary cats and the crushed portion of the factory piping, but still connects to the factory NPP muffler?
Kracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 05:58 PM   #88
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracka View Post
Would you be interested in selling just a mid/X-pipe replacement that deletes the secondary cats and the crushed portion of the factory piping, but still connects to the factory NPP muffler?
+1, great question. Curious of the answer myself!
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 09:39 PM   #89
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
Honestly SW's catback system with the CA performance pipes... could be godly. But I would simply keep the stock tri-y manifolds and port them.

https://youtu.be/_SJJDdPA-9k?t=6m40s
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 07:57 AM   #90
Stainless Works

Quote:
YES! - This is sort of a secret menu like ordering animal style at In & Out Burger.

Here's what you would need and our internal part numbers. We don't have a single part number as this was not a planned product.

3XP413SS34R - Resonated X-Pipe - MSRP $375
CA16CBLDS - Factory Connect Catback Lead pipes - MSRP $300
CA16TV - Tail pipes w/AFM Valves - MSRP $600 **or** CA16TVD - Tail pipes w/AFM Delete - MSRP $300
CA16TADAPT - Adapter from 3" to 2.75" for factory connect - $75
NBC300 - 3" Clamp - 6qty @ $14 each
NBC275 - 2.75" Clamp - 2qty @ $13 each

Total MSRP on all those components would be $1160 or $1460. If you buy all the components together we can sell them for $895 or $1195.

*Difference of $300 is for AFM Valves.

** This would allow you to upgrade to our axleback in the future as you would just need to buy the axleback and discard the 3" -> 2.75" adapter.

*** Our Dealer network is not aware of these part numbers as they are just internal. If you would like to order through them, they would need to contact us for pricing and availability.

**** Lead time to build these components is 2 weeks.

***** You will need to cut your stock exhaust system after the axle. There is no factory break point after the crushed portion. We don't know if the cut point on the stock exhaust matches any other aftermarket axleback system.
Old 04-14-2016, 08:20 AM   #91
Kracka

Great info, really appreciate you posting that, and absolutely hilarious at the comparison vs. In-N-Out! Any chance you could post an image of these components just so I can start to visualize and wrap my mind around them?

Since the stock muffler and stock primary cats are being retained, would it be possible to order the X-pipe w/o a resonator for a few less bucks? The reason I say that is because the C7 sounds absolutely beautiful with just the primary cats and stock NPP mufflers (secondary cats eliminated).

Thanks for taking the time to address my questions!
Old 04-14-2016, 08:32 AM   #92
Stainless Works

Quote:
Great info, really appreciate you posting that, and absolutely hilarious at the comparison vs. In-N-Out! Any chance you could post an image of these components just so I can start to visualize and wrap my mind around them?

Since the stock muffler and stock primary cats are being retained, would it be possible to order the X-pipe w/o a resonator for a few less bucks? The reason I say that is because the C7 sounds absolutely beautiful with just the primary cats and stock NPP mufflers (secondary cats eliminated).

Thanks for taking the time to address my questions!
Hi Kracka - Yeah we could do that but it would be about the same price. It would also be a custom product and could be a longer lead time. We'd have to run that through our custom fabrication department and made one off.

We have alot of quality procedures and checks to make sure the product is produced the same way. Since it's a variation, we can't run it through the same procedures as it would fail. So we need to schedule it separately and around our standard manufacturing schedule.

We'd prefer to keep our products standard, but what your asking for is a simple variation that we'd be willing to make for you. I have no idea how it would sound as we have not tested this exact setup. I'd guess that it would be a good bit louder
Old 04-14-2016, 08:48 AM   #93
Kracka

Great, thank you very much for the info!
Old 04-20-2016, 06:37 PM   #94
jimmypop13

Drives: 2016 camaro ss
My Stainless Works system arrives tomorrow! Can't wait! I'll post pictures for everyone.
jimmypop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 07:41 PM   #95
Red1Le

Drives: 2013 1Le
Quick question I may have missed if I purchased without AFM but my car has it what do I do to avoid the CEL. I thought I saw something about a dummy valve. Is that what comes with the AFM option or the one you order without.
Red1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 08:01 PM   #96
jimmypop13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red1Le View Post
Quick question I may have missed if I purchased without AFM but my car has it what do I do to avoid the CEL. I thought I saw something about a dummy valve. Is that what comes with the AFM option or the one you order without.
Yeah you get the dummy mount if you don't order the AFM valves. This will keep you from getting a CEL. It will sound like a 4 cylinder when you have NPP valves open and are in v4 but you really won't hear anything with the NPP valves closed. Unless you are controlling the NPP valves with a switch on fuse 51 or pull fuse 51, the NPP valves will be closed anytime you are in v4 mode
Old 04-21-2016, 07:30 AM   #97
Red1Le

Drives: 2013 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmypop13 View Post
Yeah you get the dummy mount if you don't order the AFM valves. This will keep you from getting a CEL. It will sound like a 4 cylinder when you have NPP valves open and are in v4 but you really won't hear anything with the NPP valves closed. Unless you are controlling the NPP valves with a switch on fuse 51 or pull fuse 51, the NPP valves will be closed anytime you are in v4 mode

Thanks for the info! We will be tuning the AFM feature out once I get to the tuning stage so no V4 bull for me any longer.... Great info tho thanks!
Red1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 06:34 PM   #98
jimmypop13

FedEx came and dropped them off about thirty minutes ago, right as I was leaving for work. Pics will have to wait until tomorrow :(

Tags
bolt on, exhaust, headers, long tube headers