Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 04-28-2016, 05:38 AM   #1
77TA400

Drives: 2011 Chevy Silverado
Should I buy this 1LE???

Found a 1LE that has really really low miles. It's a 2SS, RS, NPP, NAV and sunroof - exactly the options I would want in any car. I could have gotten a smokin deal on the car last Nov but it sold on me. The same exact car, not similar, the same exact one was traded in recently so the salesman called me. The no haggle price started at $36k certified. They aren't budging much, so little you might as well say they aren't budging. This sounds like I should pull the trigger, but I can't help that it's still too much given that it is a "used" car since it's been titled. I can buy it, say I'm not happy, and trade it in for probably $30k. I know these dealers aren't giving much for trade in for the 5th gens. I love the 5th gens, but I am really liking the 6th gens. I can afford a 6th gen, and possibly a 6th gen 1LE WHEN they are released. So, I don't need this car, it will obviously be a toy, but it will be a DD. The only time I won't use it is when I need my truck or the wife and I go out in the Wrangler.

Thoughts? Good enough deal to buy and enjoy? Or pass it up and wait for deals on the 6th gen?
77TA400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 06:26 AM   #2
Welker2
Ret AF, cancer survivor

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS & 2006 Corvette
Since you can afford which ever one want ... that's the one to get (the you want). It comes down to which body style you like better, whether or not you want a newer one, whether you want the most (off the showroom) power you can get, etc., etc.

Personally, I'm very happy and glad I went with the '13 SS, not a big fan of the body changes in '14 and still not sold on the new Gen 6 body style ... that's me, other's couldn't be happier with their '14s & '15s because the prefer the changes ... just as other's have traded in their Gen 5s for Gen 6s.

Good luck in your decision ... can't go wrong either way you go

Last edited by Welker2; 04-28-2016 at 06:47 AM.
Welker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 06:46 AM   #3
terry_b

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to terry_b
The 6th Gen is really growing on me, and then they announced the 1LE, AND showed off that sweet green color! If I was on the market it would be a really tough call - except for the fact that the 6th Gen 1LE is ONLY available as a 1SS, so fewer of the creature comforts.

That being said, $36k doesn't sound awful... Depending on mileage and condition. I have a sneaking suspicion that these models (2SS/RS 1LE with all the goodies) will likely become the highest demand on the lightly used market for people who want a toy to drive daily. The hot rodders will still look for the less optioned ones to modify.

Almost exactly a year ago, I paid $38,500 for mine, optioned the same as yours. The dealer held pretty firm because they knew what they had and they over-allowed on it as a trade. It was traded in by a guy for a new Vette with 3,000 miles.

If it's worth it to you, I would say go for it. Mine was certified as well, and I ended up with an extra year and an extra 12k miles on the bumper to bumper warranty, plus free maintenance for the last year.
Old 04-28-2016, 07:05 AM   #4
paul84043

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Used 1LE 34K (all that matters is book value)
Gen6 2ss 43k
Gen6 1LE 47k

Spin the wheel and win a prize.

You can wait until mid 2018 and score a gen6 1LE that someone has taken the 30% loss on.
Just matters on how much you want to spend and how long you want to wait.
paul84043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 07:10 AM   #5
Thor142

Drives: 2014 2LS (traded in) 2015 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul84043 View Post
Gen6 2ss 43k
Gen6 1LE 47k

You can wait until mid 2018 and score a gen6 1LE that someone has taken the 30% loss on.
Where are you getting $47k from?

OP if you really like the car buy it. Like Paul just said, keep it for a couple years and then if you want trade it on a slightly used gen6 1LE
Old 04-28-2016, 07:17 AM   #6
paul84043

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor142 View Post
Where are you getting $47k from?

OP if you really like the car buy it. Like Paul just said, keep it for a couple years and then if you want trade it on a slightly used gen6 1LE
Gen5 1LE with the same add ons. 47k
There's no way the gen6 is going to be any cheaper.
Old 04-28-2016, 07:25 AM   #7
Thor142

Quote:
Gen5 1LE with the same add ons. 47k
There's no way the gen6 is going to be any cheaper.
I'll bet its the same or slightly less than a 2ss. Whoever is closer gets bragging rights and gets to say I told you so
Old 04-28-2016, 07:33 AM   #8
paul84043

Quote:
I'll bet its the same or slightly less than a 2ss. Whoever is closer gets bragging rights and gets to say I told you so
Deal

My 1LE has most of the bells, minus NPP (2k) and nav. I do have the sunroof and Recaros.
My sticker was 46,045.00 (thank "insert invisible friend of choice here" for the gen6 and the 20% discount!!)
NPP would put it at 48K easily.
So far the Gen6 seems to be running a few thousand more than the Gen5 model of similar trim, some even breaking 50k. That seems to be the point where most balk and start looking at a Vette.

I'll be watching the Gen6 1LE rollout. So far not jealous or overly impressed with the Gen6, mainly because I don't fit in one, but the 1LE is going to be painful to watch from the sidelines.
Old 04-28-2016, 07:42 AM   #9
Thor142

Quote:
Deal

My 1LE has most of the bells, minus NPP (2k) and nav. I do have the sunroof and Recaros.
My sticker was 46,045.00 (thank "insert invisible friend of choice here" for the gen6 and the 20% discount!!)
NPP would put it at 48K easily.
So far the Gen6 seems to be running a few thousand more than the Gen5 model of similar trim, some even breaking 50k. That seems to be the point where most balk and start looking at a Vette.

I'll be watching the Gen6 1LE rollout. So far not jealous or overly impressed with the Gen6, mainly because I don't fit in one, but the 1LE is going to be painful to watch from the sidelines.
Remember the new 1LE doesn't come in 2SS and is extremely limited as far as options. My 1ssLE stickered at $39,995 with back up cam and sun roof. I got it for WAY less though. GM would be crazy to start the new 1LE at 47. Anyway I can't wait to test one. I fit in the Gen 6 fine at 6'2

I'll stop derailing the OP's thread now. Sorry OP
Old 04-28-2016, 07:55 AM   #10
zr1chris

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77TA400 View Post
Found a 1LE that has really really low miles. It's a 2SS, RS, NPP, NAV and sunroof - exactly the options I would want in any car. I could have gotten a smokin deal on the car last Nov but it sold on me. The same exact car, not similar, the same exact one was traded in recently so the salesman called me. The no haggle price started at $36k certified. They aren't budging much, so little you might as well say they aren't budging. This sounds like I should pull the trigger, but I can't help that it's still too much given that it is a "used" car since it's been titled. I can buy it, say I'm not happy, and trade it in for probably $30k. I know these dealers aren't giving much for trade in for the 5th gens. I love the 5th gens, but I am really liking the 6th gens. I can afford a 6th gen, and possibly a 6th gen 1LE WHEN they are released. So, I don't need this car, it will obviously be a toy, but it will be a DD. The only time I won't use it is when I need my truck or the wife and I go out in the Wrangler.

Thoughts? Good enough deal to buy and enjoy? Or pass it up and wait for deals on the 6th gen?

I say if you really like the 6th gen, I would wait for a good deal on a 6th. Its just a better car in terms of performance. Looks is purely a matter of opinion.
zr1chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 07:59 AM   #11
77TA400

Drives: 2011 Chevy Silverado
Quote:
Remember the new 1LE doesn't come in 2SS and is extremely limited as far as options. My 1ssLE stickered at $39,995 with back up cam and sun roof. I got it for WAY less though. GM would be crazy to start the new 1LE at 47. Anyway I can't wait to test one. I fit in the Gen 6 fine at 6'2

I'll stop derailing the OP's thread now. Sorry OP
No issue at all. And I don't think this is really derailing my thread. It is all useful info which I am also considering. If the gen6 1LE is going to be priced well, then the market may become flooded with gen5 1LEs. Not sure how current 1LE owners will react to it. I did think the makert was going to get flooded with regular SS's when the gen6 came out but I have not found it to be that way. Not sure if it's because it's a 1st yr model change and no one wants to deal with it? Or people are really not happy with its redesign.
77TA400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 08:21 AM   #12
terry_b

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to terry_b
I think it's just the first year new model... some people are still adjusting to the new look, some don't want to be in that "beta test" with it being a new platform/engine. The price is also somewhat higher than expected I think.

To be honest, if I could get a 2017 1LE without making my monthly payment much bigger I probably would. But then again, my current 1LE has ALL the options, so it might seem like a downgrade - like going from a caddy to an impala, still nice but noticeable?

I ******* love daily driving mine. If you're thinking of getting one, do it. This one already slipped past once right? The longer you wait for the new one is just time spent looking at other Camaros
Old 04-28-2016, 08:28 AM   #13
Olddudesrule
Resident nomad

Drives: 2014 Summit White 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Gen6 2ss 43k
Gen6 1LE 47k

Damn good answer IMHO. My sister-in-law was dealing with a Ford dealer on a 2015 Mustang GT and having the same issue. The 2016's are out, and they are still not willing to deal on the 2015's. Bad decision on their part IMO. I would make a final offer for what you're willing to pay, max, and walk out. As much as you want it, it's just a car, and there are many others out there.

I too seem to prefer the Gen5 over the Gen6 right now. Just don't like the lines as much, and it honestly doesn't have anything to do with the fact that I own a Gen5....
2003 Z06
1965 FFR Cobra
2012 Nissan 370Z

ADM LSA Stage II, Roto-Fab CAI, Kooks LTH/HFC's, Phastek CC, ported TB, Mishimoto radiator and oil cooler, BC Racing ER Series CO's, JPSS 32mm Black Magic rear bar, JPSS front inserts, R1 Concepts Premier slotted rotors/Goodrich SS lines, Schroth ASM harness, MGW flatstick, Brey-Krause HB, Tuned by NicD, at Cordes Performance Racing.
Olddudesrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 08:47 AM   #14
Stormcloak
slower than you

Drives: 2012 C6 Z06
That seems like a *slightly* steep price for a used one. Still, it really depends on your preference. The gen 6 is going to have better support in the years ahead I'd imagine. I don't think either choice is a bad one, perhaps how long you want to keep the car will be a factor.