Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 11-17-2018, 08:07 AM   #1
lincoln361

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
TvS2300 Maggie jack shaft catch cans

What are type of catch cans are yall using. Running about 12lbs boost and probably would need the dual cable catch can, but I don't see that many instructions for an install with Maggie blowers so it's making it real hard to choose from. My top picks are

1. E2x dual catch Can
2. Tracy lewis catch
3. Mighty mouse catch

Any instructions on how yall got y'alls installed or have pics would be great. Thanks
SLP TVS 2300- 1 7/8 LG Headers- RDS NX Plate- 75 Shot- No Cats- SLP Loudmouth 2- NW102- 3.8 Pulley- OD Cog drive-12lbs boost-FIC 80# injectors-ZL1 Fuel Pump- RotoFab CAI- Apex CAI Scoop- Pat G Tune- Weld RTS drag pack- BMR Trailing Arms- BMR 1'' Drop Springs-BMR Lower Control Arms- BMR Toe Rods- BMR Rear Cradle Bushings- BMR Upper Control Arm Bushings- BMR Extreme Anti- Rollbar- Hotchkis Subframe Brace- Prosport Evo Boost & F/A Ratio
lincoln361 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 09:03 AM   #2
Nighthawk89

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2Ss M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by lincoln361 View Post
What are type of catch cans are yall using. Running about 12lbs boost and probably would need the dual cable catch can, but I don't see that many instructions for an install with Maggie blowers so it's making it real hard to choose from. My top picks are

1. E2x dual catch Can
2. Tracy lewis catch
3. Mighty mouse catch

Any instructions on how yall got y'alls installed or have pics would be great. Thanks
Running the elite on my Heartbeat setup.. I’d recommend sticking with the single exit port.. All up to you though.
Nighthawk89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 09:35 AM   #3
lincoln361

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk89 View Post
Running the elite on my Heartbeat setup.. I’d recommend sticking with the single exit port.. All up to you though.
I was told to go dual for a force induction. Any reason why to go single? Thanks for replying. Just curious.
SLP TVS 2300- 1 7/8 LG Headers- RDS NX Plate- 75 Shot- No Cats- SLP Loudmouth 2- NW102- 3.8 Pulley- OD Cog drive-12lbs boost-FIC 80# injectors-ZL1 Fuel Pump- RotoFab CAI- Apex CAI Scoop- Pat G Tune- Weld RTS drag pack- BMR Trailing Arms- BMR 1'' Drop Springs-BMR Lower Control Arms- BMR Toe Rods- BMR Rear Cradle Bushings- BMR Upper Control Arm Bushings- BMR Extreme Anti- Rollbar- Hotchkis Subframe Brace- Prosport Evo Boost & F/A Ratio
Old 11-24-2018, 05:59 PM   #4
Nighthawk89

Quote:
Originally Posted by lincoln361 View Post
I was told to go dual for a force induction. Any reason why to go single? Thanks for replying. Just curious.
You don’t want to start messing with crankcase pressure and adding in-line valves ETC. Stick with how the engineers at GM designed the system to work however improve upon it with installing a single exit catch can to trap the oil from entering the combustion chamber. That’s what I was told when I considered switching to dual exit system by the engineer who developed for GM and the founder of the RXT cans..
Old 11-24-2018, 06:08 PM   #5
Nighthawk89

“ We generally don't run the dual port catch-cans on Naturally Aspirated or PD supercharger applications; we run the single port without the check valve. The PD (Positive Displacement) superchargers create pressure behind the throttle body thus allowing the factory PCV system to function as it normally would stock. The catch-can is simply there to catch the crap that is produced during the combustion cycle from going into the supercharger or manifold in an NA application. “

The dual exit is better suited for turbo or centri applications. Good luck brotha!
Old 11-24-2018, 06:15 PM   #6
lincoln361

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk89 View Post
“ We generally don't run the dual port catch-cans on Naturally Aspirated or PD supercharger applications; we run the single port without the check valve. The PD (Positive Displacement) superchargers create pressure behind the throttle body thus allowing the factory PCV system to function as it normally would stock. The catch-can is simply there to catch the crap that is produced during the combustion cycle from going into the supercharger or manifold in an NA application. “

The dual exit is better suited for turbo or centri applications. Good luck brotha!
10-4. Thank you for your response. Nobody really explained it like that to me. Single is actually a lil cheaper as well. Time to go look for some deals
Old 12-24-2018, 10:42 PM   #7
Blown1LE

Drives: 2015 Supercharged Camaro 1LE
I have a magnuson supercharger also and want to add a catch can. Does anyone have a part number please ?
Old 09-23-2019, 08:21 AM   #8
Blown1LE

Drives: 2015 Supercharged Camaro 1LE
I have a magnuson supercharger also and want to add a catch can. Does anyone have a part number please ?