Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2021, 02:33 PM   #1
CHRI55
Streetkingz_chri55
 
CHRI55's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 2ss/rs
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Greenville, ms
Posts: 96
Which kit is worth the cost

Currently my ss has

Gpi ss4 nfc
Yank pa 3800 converter
Bmr drag suspension
3.91 diff with jre mod


Looking to go centri since I already have a na set up

Was looking at

Ess g3x
Ecs 2200hd
Procharger d1x

Looking to end up with 800whp give or take if I want to go further

Eventually going to go with a 416 block

Anyone has any experience and can give me the pros and cons and etc
CHRI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 03:54 PM   #2
1JEWLDSSRS


 
1JEWLDSSRS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Join Date: May 2011
Location: FLORIDA
Posts: 4,404
You are gonna have to do a lot more than that to get 800!! One of my friends just did a full Whipple 2.9 upgrade with a cam and AFR heads, dual nozzle meth injection, LT's, exhaust and is a stick car and only made 685rwhp.. At 7.5lbs of boost..





Edit: corrected boost info..
__________________
TSP STAGE 3 CAM,231/246 @112 LSA 614/641 LIFT, CIRCLE D 5C-4200-4500 CONVERTER,LOD INTAKE.CORSA EXHAUST. DSS 1 PC DS. PEGASUS SOLID CRADLE MOUNTS. 486RWTQ/475RWHP.LOTS MORE.

Last edited by 1JEWLDSSRS; 01-16-2021 at 10:56 AM.
1JEWLDSSRS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 08:39 PM   #3
CHRI55
Streetkingz_chri55
 
CHRI55's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 2ss/rs
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Greenville, ms
Posts: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1JEWLDSSRS View Post
You are gonna have to do a lot more than that to get 800!! One of my friends just did a full Whipple 2.9 upgrade with a cam and AFR heads, dual nozzle meth injection, LT's, pulley swap, exhaust and is a stick car and only made 685rwhp.. At 9lbs of boost..
It don't have to make 800. I'll really be happy with 700.. but I know.. just wanna find out which blower is better
CHRI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 11:26 PM   #4
Js2fst
2010 transformer
 
Js2fst's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 ss camaro
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Lee's summit mo
Posts: 582
I have had them all procharger for sure
__________________
2010 transformer, vertical doors, 315nt05 rears, pedders supercar coilovers, hotchkis sway bars, links, adjustable, toe bars, bmr poly cradle bushings, 1le control arms, bmr tunnel brace, bmr subframe connectors. Cam 227/239-623-620@114 Mast medium bore heads, sw 1 7/8 headers, cat delete, x pipe, 3" dynomax true duals, fuel rails, fast 102 intake and NW 102 throttle body, catch can, rotofab cai, shifter, raptor custom shift light. Dss drive shaft, 3.91 gears. 492 rwhp
Js2fst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 05:44 AM   #5
eLeSthree

 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS 6sp
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Drivers Seat
Posts: 1,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1JEWLDSSRS View Post
You are gonna have to do a lot more than that to get 800!! One of my friends just did a full Whipple 2.9 upgrade with a cam and AFR heads, dual nozzle meth injection, LT's, pulley swap, exhaust and is a stick car and only made 685rwhp.. At 9lbs of boost..
Why?

As long as he has the fuel system anyone of those blowers will get him to 800whp. Just spin it fast enough.

I made just over 900whp with the SBE, G3X, cam, exhaust and E85.

If you are going to forge the motor the 2200 will probably make the most peak power. If you are building a race car, I'd get that. If you are building a street car, the G3X or D1 would probably be a better fit.

In my opinion, I'd be comparing the tuner kit prices, because if you wanna make 800+ and forge the motor soon, you will need a real return style fuel system $$$ and a real set of injectors. most kits come with weak fuel systems and junk injectors, and the tunes wont be perfect if you have a cam. Save that money, you will need it.
__________________
TMS Dart 427 FED M311s, ESS Tuning G4 Blower, DSX Tuning Triples and FF, FIC1300, Mcleod RXT 1200HD, 1030whp 925wtq.
eLeSthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 07:33 AM   #6
Lou gill
 
Lou gill's Avatar
 
Drives: ‘13 ZL1 convertible
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Mad City WI
Posts: 108
Buy a ZL1?
Lou gill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 09:12 AM   #7
CHRI55
Streetkingz_chri55
 
CHRI55's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 2ss/rs
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Greenville, ms
Posts: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou gill View Post
Buy a ZL1?
Trust me. Thought about it. I promise you I have. I have anther post from earlier this week about selling my car but I got to much in it to trade it in
CHRI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 09:15 AM   #8
CHRI55
Streetkingz_chri55
 
CHRI55's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 2ss/rs
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Greenville, ms
Posts: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by eLeSthree View Post
Why?

As long as he has the fuel system anyone of those blowers will get him to 800whp. Just spin it fast enough.

I made just over 900whp with the SBE, G3X, cam, exhaust and E85.

If you are going to forge the motor the 2200 will probably make the most peak power. If you are building a race car, I'd get that. If you are building a street car, the G3X or D1 would probably be a better fit.

In my opinion, I'd be comparing the tuner kit prices, because if you wanna make 800+ and forge the motor soon, you will need a real return style fuel system $$$ and a real set of injectors. most kits come with weak fuel systems and junk injectors, and the tunes wont be perfect if you have a cam. Save that money, you will need it.
I literally was just reading your post from last year or 2019 about it.. I really think I'm going to get the g3x. I have a cousin with 1 on his BMW n its making plenty of power.. and I'm building a street car that will see the track a bit. But still wanna take it on road trips
CHRI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 10:01 AM   #9
Taylortoons
 
Taylortoons's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Dallas
Posts: 469
Currently trolling for a ZL1 as my next toy and saw your post in the classified section. My last build was an ‘11 SS LS3 making 775 whp from a D1.

You’ll need to crank up the boost and go E85 to hit your number. Your SBE with 100k miles is the weak link.

If you want a high hp car from where you sit today, build it right once. Start with your block and go from there.

The build in my sig cost $27k all in.
__________________
GPI Built Procharger D-1/13 PSI/Race Intercooler/SS3 Cam Kit/Kooks LTH/X- pipe/FIC 1050/E85/3.91 gears/Centerforce Dual Disc clutch/Flowmaster Outlaw/775whp/680tqSOLD
Taylortoons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 02:26 PM   #10
Slowhawk
 
Drives: 1999 Trans Am
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bridgewater,Ma
Posts: 2,001
D1-x will hit your mark no problem.
Slowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 06:38 PM   #11
CHRI55
Streetkingz_chri55
 
CHRI55's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 2ss/rs
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Greenville, ms
Posts: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylortoons View Post
Currently trolling for a ZL1 as my next toy and saw your post in the classified section. My last build was an ‘11 SS LS3 making 775 whp from a D1.

You’ll need to crank up the boost and go E85 to hit your number. Your SBE with 100k miles is the weak link.

If you want a high hp car from where you sit today, build it right once. Start with your block and go from there.

The build in my sig cost $27k all in.
That was my initial plan. Build a 416 short block and keep it na beast then boost it....
CHRI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 06:45 PM   #12
eLeSthree

 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS 6sp
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Drivers Seat
Posts: 1,541
Well TMS has them on sale this month. $5400
__________________
TMS Dart 427 FED M311s, ESS Tuning G4 Blower, DSX Tuning Triples and FF, FIC1300, Mcleod RXT 1200HD, 1030whp 925wtq.
eLeSthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 06:53 PM   #13
CHRI55
Streetkingz_chri55
 
CHRI55's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 2ss/rs
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Greenville, ms
Posts: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowhawk View Post
D1-x will hit your mark no problem.
Thx
CHRI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 10:32 PM   #14
RupertPupkin

 
Drives: 2014 Camaro SS 1Le
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: IL
Posts: 1,075
Go turbo and send it. I’m biased to ECS Bc that’s what I did on my Camaro. When I get another vette and build it up, I’m doing turbos.
__________________
2014 SS 1LE Money Pit
802Whp/662Trq
RupertPupkin is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.