Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 08-10-2012, 11:38 PM   #1
DCR31686

Drives: Soon 2013 Camaro 2LT/RS
$1000 offer, How To!

I have seen a few post about how to get the private offer and I did some reading on the post and found some answers to a few questions. I followed to following directions and was able to get the offer to come up several times. I tried it on my MacBook Pro several times and never got anything to pop up even with the pop up blocker turned off. I tried my Fiance HP and it came up first try.

Originally Posted by Kent2010
To get the Private Offer:

For IE8/9:
1) make SURE *all* popup blockers are OFF. *This is critical.
2) clear your browsing history, including cookies for saved Favorites. *This is critical.
3) launch chevy.com, choose Camaro and navigate to the "Build your own" section.
4) choose a trim level (I chose "1SS"), enter your zip code when prompted. (I chose the "2LT" option because that is what I want and the offer still came up)
5) choose a color, and then click "view matches"

If you DON'T get the "request a quote" popup, start again from step #3. You do not need to delete cookies, history and all that other good stuff for this step just view matches if it doesnt come up then click right back on cars and keep doing it over and over.

If you DO get the "Request a quote" popup, start again from step #2.
Repeat.

When I followed the above steps, i got an offer within a few tries. YMMV, of course.

Notes: *if you do NOT get the "request a quote" or "enter your ZIP code" popups, either your popups are still being blocked by your browser, or your browsing history/cookies are not being cleared -- either problem will prevent you from getting an offer.

Cheers,
Kent

You will notice when the offer comes up you can make the choice 2012 or 2013. If you select 2013 you will notice that there will be no Camaro option. You will need to select the 2012 option and then select Camaro and then the trim model that you want. When the certificate is sent to you regardless which year you pick the certificate will be for any 2013 model except ZL1, Cruze, Sonic, Express and Aveo. I hope this help because I know it helped me
DCR31686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 07:38 AM   #2
SammySS
Steve

Drives: 11 2SS Victory Red Vert
Can the 2012 coupon be used on the Cruze?
SammySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 08:44 AM   #3
DCR31686

I do not believe you can get the 2012 coupon anymore because when I selected 2012 the coupon automatically switched to 2013 when it was sent to me. However on the 2013 coupon the cruze is excluded so I imagine it would be excluded on the 2012 as well. I would talk to your dealer to make sure though
Old 08-14-2012, 03:03 AM   #4
ScumbagRudy

Drives: na
Thanks for the guide I found an easier way to get one. Tried for about an hour yesterday but I didn't get one. Got one today in about 10 minutes. When you get to the last step where you click on view inventory or view matches. On the screen after you click view inventory you can just keep refreshing that screen until you get the popup.

If you get the request a quote popup close it clear cookies and everything else then just keep refreshing. You don't have to start all over you can just stay on that inventory screen and keep refreshing it. Keep doing this and after a while you should get the popup for the $1000 private offer. I hope this helps.
ScumbagRudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 07:22 AM   #5
DCR31686

Dang, I thought about doing that but went the long way through the process the whole way!!! HAH Well glad you could find it!
Old 08-14-2012, 12:55 PM   #6
twmotox

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LT RS
That worked for me this afternoon after trying for about 2 months
Old 09-22-2012, 04:26 PM   #7
FreddyG

Drives: 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT 392
So far, 16 Request a Quotes and Zero incentives. I'm just going to keep trying.

Do you think that zip codes make a difference?
FreddyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 08:33 PM   #8
DarkneZZ

Drives: '13 Camaro 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddyG View Post
So far, 16 Request a Quotes and Zero incentives. I'm just going to keep trying.
Same, man.:(
DarkneZZ is offline   Reply With Quote