Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-03-2019, 12:53 PM   #1
jokrz187

Drives: 2015 1SS
Electric eCOPO Chevy Camaro

Check this out:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/jalopni...1832271232/amp
Custom TSP Stage 2 Cam/GPI intake Ported Rod Mod /VARARAM CAI/Mishimoto Catch Can/1 LE front & rear sway bars/ engine cover/fuse box custom painted, strut tower brace, Texas Speed LT, Hi Flo Cats, Magnum Tru-X pipe, NGK Spark Plugs, PCM Spark Plug Wire, Painted Calipers, CF Spoiler w/wicker bill.
jokrz187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 12:59 PM   #2
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Snapped this at SEMA last year. There’s a thread summers...

Name:  18B26733-16C4-4C6C-AA6F-9B4F3C44D1CF.jpg
Views: 539
Size:  213.5 KB
Old 02-03-2019, 07:24 PM   #3
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Not particularly a fan. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, if you’re bringing an electric muscle car on the market don’t name it after a known internal combustion engine muscle car. It’s like when they brought the Malibu back, no guts family car with zero excitement. Sure the Malibu version of the Chevelle was similar to that, but at least you could get one with some muscle in it (COPO Chevelle Malibu). My point is that it just doesn’t fit the persona. Im still of the persuasion to bring out the Chevy Panther as an electric muscle car. “A new kind of muscle car for a new kind of muscle.” should be their slogan. Tease it like Dodge did with the Demon and market the hell out of it!
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 07:45 PM   #4
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguy View Post
Not particularly a fan. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, if you’re bringing an electric muscle car on the market don’t name it after a known internal combustion engine muscle car. It’s like when they brought the Malibu back, no guts family car with zero excitement. Sure the Malibu version of the Chevelle was similar to that, but at least you could get one with some muscle in it (COPO Chevelle Malibu). My point is that it just doesn’t fit the persona. Im still of the persuasion to bring out the Chevy Panther as an electric muscle car. “A new kind of muscle car for a new kind of muscle.” should be their slogan. Tease it like Dodge did with the Demon and market the hell out of it!
Ex-friggen-actly!!!
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 08:44 PM   #5
Level300

Drives: 2015 Black rs/ss/1le
It's kind of sad and exciting at the same time.

I'm looking at the beginning of a new era. I first worked on a carburetor equipped Camaro and now I'm looking at an electric powered one. I hope to hang on (and I hope the world does too) for 20 more years so I can see how far they take it.

The King is Dead. Long live the King!
Level300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 02:20 AM   #6
Stormcloak
slower than you

Drives: 2012 C6 Z06
Boring, no matter how quick it is.

Yes, I'm a luddite.
Old 02-04-2019, 06:14 AM   #7
Rob10CamaroSS

Drives: 2012 ZL1 Redline Phase 4
Couldnt imagine going to the 1320 or local car show and not smelling Race Fuel, I love the smell of C16, LOL.

Like most I dont want to here about electric cars but I think someday we're all going to be forced into it one way or another. With that being said then it's a good thing they're looking at performance & race vehicles. As long as they keep moving the bar up it's a good thing and 10.1 at 80% is pretty dam impressive as far as Electric goes
Old 02-04-2019, 06:34 AM   #8
J Rod

Drives: '14 BRM 1LE 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Level300 View Post
It's kind of sad and exciting at the same time.
I feel the same, it's awesome and sad at the same time. Soon we're going to have to risk electrocution to work on our cars. lol
LSA Blower w/ 2.45 Griptec, Reinforced Brick, FIC 1000 injectors, JRE FPCM, LFP Dual Pass HX, ZL1 IC pump, RotoFab CAI, Bo White TB, Coated Stainless Power 1-7/8" LTs, NPP, NGK TR7IX, Mighty Mouse Wild CC, AEM X-Series WB, Aeroforce Interceptor, MGW Shifter, Z28 Grill, Gary's Custom ZL1 Rockers, Hero Tails, Tuned by IMC
J Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 09:49 AM   #9
tstodii

Drives: White 2015 Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Rod View Post
I feel the same, it's awesome and sad at the same time. Soon we're going to have to risk electrocution to work on our cars. lol
We already risk it... Have you seen what comes in a dealer's "service kit" for electric vehicles? I distinctly remember a long pole made with non-metal materials and a hook on the end so if the tech starts getting electrocuted they could be pulled off the car by a co-worker.

Just google image "electric car safety rescue hook"

Last edited by tstodii; 02-04-2019 at 09:49 AM. Reason: sp
tstodii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 11:47 AM   #10
Gordo-D

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS
Sad to say its the future, I have noticed a big increase in hybrid and electric cars over the last few years.
We tried guessing how long it would take them to outnumber petrol and diesel cars but couldn't decide, I guessed at least 5-10 years, maybe more.
It will decimate an awful lot of jobs and industries that currently support the motor trade.
Gordo-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 02:26 PM   #11
pyroguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordo-D View Post
Sad to say its the future, I have noticed a big increase in hybrid and electric cars over the last few years.
We tried guessing how long it would take them to outnumber petrol and diesel cars but couldn't decide, I guessed at least 5-10 years, maybe more.
It will decimate an awful lot of jobs and industries that currently support the motor trade.
While I agree that electric cars are starting to show up more prominently, I disagree that it will be 5-10 years out before they outnumber internal combustion engines, at least for the US. The infrastructure I don't believe would support the number of vehicles needing charged in addition to the availability of charging stations, speed of charging, how to "rapid charge" to get to a recharge station (run out of fuel for internal combustion engines), the ability to take long road trips (greater than 400 miles), etc. There's way too many variables to be able to replace the internal combustion engine yet. 20-30, maybe, but that's going to depend on the political climate on energy sources, IMO.
Old 02-04-2019, 04:09 PM   #12
Gordo-D

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS
In the US you are probably right, especially regarding distances but its been on our news that Jaguar [Volvo already have] may switch to completely electric vehicles. :(
Over here charging points are appearing more and more, the problem is we don't have the infrastructure to charge all these vehicles and some charging points are still a bit remote.
Top quality hybrids and electrics are still very expensive [as is everything here] but incentives to go hybrid are getting better.
I can't imagine future generations saying "wow, you had a petrol engine vehicle"?
However its not over till its over.
Gordo-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 05:20 PM   #13
pyroguy

Gordo-D, that's the number one thing I see when people want to "go green" and have electric vehicles. They forget that they need to charge the things in order to make them run, which ironically enough is often times powered by coal or natural gas. With everyone going more and more electronic based on their phones, tablets, alexa's, google assistants, cars, etc. the need for electricity will continue to rise especially as population continues to rise.

The thing I find most funny is a statistic I found where it stated that the amount of energy that goes into making the batteries alone for one single Prius is enough to power a military Humvee for one year. Now think of all of the Prius's on the road today in addition to all of the other hybrid and electric vehicles. How "green" are "green vehicles" when it's all said and done? These are the same people that say people shouldn't go out and hunt because it kills animals, they should just go to the store and get meat there like "normal" people do.
Old 02-04-2019, 06:48 PM   #14
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
So invest in electric companies? Or power plants?

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote