Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 02-17-2019, 11:18 PM   #1
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
GM Reveals 2020 GMC Acadia

GMC Introduces the Bolder 2020 Acadia
New styling, propulsion option and in-cabin technologies offer customers more
General Motors

February 18, 2019

DETROIT — Smarter technologies in the 2020 GMC Acadia, including a new available turbo engine and the latest GMC infotainment system1, along with a fresh look, offer greater versatility for customers on the go. The lineup includes SLE, SLT, an all-new AT4 trim and GMC’s flagship Denali, with available seating arrangements for five, six or seven passengers, depending on the model.

“The 2020 Acadia is stylish, functional and capable with more of the smart convenience and connectivity features that customers rely on every day,” said Duncan Aldred, vice president of Global GMC. “And with GMC’s signature refinement at its core, the new Acadia advances the brand’s commitment to offering premium vehicles for discerning crossover customers.”

Design and technology enhancements on the new Acadia include:
  • Bolder exterior design with standard LED lighting and signature GMC C-shape lighting, complemented with interior refinements.
  • Introduction of the first-ever Acadia AT4 with more aggressive exterior styling and darkened finishes.
  • New available 2.0L turbocharged engine that uses an innovative tripower valvetrain and dual-scroll turbocharging technologies to help optimize performance and efficiency in all driving conditions.
  • New nine-speed automatic transmission developed to provide a greater balance of performance and efficiency, along with enhanced refinement.
  • New Electronic Precision Shift that replaces the conventional shifter with an electronic control that frees up interior room, including a more versatile center console with greater storage space.
  • Enhanced GMC infotainment system that is more intelligent and intuitive, offering new features designed to help improve the user experience and offer more personalization.
  • New Head-up Display (late availability).
“With technological enhancements at your fingertips and under the hood, the 2020 Acadia is an intelligent crossover that elevates the driving and passenger experiences on all fronts,” said Aldred. “That makes it a smart choice all around.”

Design and refinement

At a glance, the ’20 Acadia distinguishes itself with a new grille, new front and rear fascias and GMC’s signature C-shaped lighting.

An all-new Acadia AT4 expands the reach of GMC’s newest sub-brand. Its bold styling cues, including a black chrome-accented grille, add a rugged, off-road-inspired design to the Acadia range. A 3.6L V-6 engine producing 310 hp and 271 lb-ft of torque and a twin clutch AWD system are standard to the AT4. Unique 17-inch wheels and all-terrain tires are also standard, with 20-inch wheels available.

Additional design and refinement enhancements for the 2020 Acadia include:
  • New 18- and 20-inch wheel designs depending on the trim.
  • Outside mirrors with integrated LED turn signals (power-folding feature standard on Denali and available on SLT trim).
  • Hands-free power liftgate with GMC logo projection standard on SLT, AT4 and Denali.
  • Redesigned center console with enhanced storage space.
  • Unique Denali interior color scheme with new, open-pore wood decor.
  • Innovative engine technology

A new 2.0L Turbo engine is standard on SLT and Denali models, expanding the Acadia’s propulsion choices for customers and adding a new dimension to its performance.

It leverages GM’s innovative tripower valvetrain technology to vary valve lift across the rpm band, optimizing performance for varied driving demands:
  • High valve lift for maximum power.
  • Low valve lift for a greater balance of power and efficiency.
  • Active Fuel Management (cylinder deactivation) disables two of the cylinders in light load conditions to optimize efficiency.
  • The tripower valvetrain complements the turbocharging system to make the most of the engine’s available power at all speeds. The turbo is a dual-scroll design developed to enhance low-speed torque delivery. Peak torque is available from 1,500 to 4,000 rpm, for an exceptional feeling of responsiveness.

The engine is rated at a GMC-estimated 230 horsepower (172 kW) and 258 lb-ft of torque (350 Nm).

Both the proven 2.5L I-4 and the 3.6L V-6 engines remain standard or optional equipment for the 2020 Acadia dependent on trim level selected. All engine offerings feature a stop/start deactivation switch.

New nine-speed automatic and Electronic Precision Shift

A new nine-speed automatic replaces the previous six-speed automatic as the standard transmission for the 2.0L, 2.5L and 3.6L engines offered in the 2020 Acadia. The nine-speed’s additional clutches and gears offer better optimized acceleration and efficiency, and engine noise is reduced during cruising for greater refinement.

The 2020 Acadia is the latest GMC with Electronic Precision Shift, which enables more storage room in the center console by replacing the conventional transmission shifter with an electronically controlled gear selection consisting of intuitive push buttons and pull triggers.

New GMC infotainment system and additional technologies

As connectivity continues to grow in importance for crossover customers, the 2020 Acadia delivers the latest GMC infotainment system that is more intelligent and more intuitive. It offers users improved voice recognition, a higher resolution touchscreen and a simplified interface that requires fewer steps for some tasks, along with simpler screen layouts inspired by the latest smartphone technology.

This more user-friendly system, with an 8-inch-diagonal screen, also incorporates several new and enhanced features:

Personal profile allows users to tailor the infotainment system to their preferences, including audio, available navigation (requires subscription to compatible Connected Services) and climate settings, and even transfer those preferences to another GM vehicle with a compatible infotainment system. Up to four profiles can be assigned to the system and they can be assigned to the Acadia’s key fobs, automatically resetting the preferences for the incoming driver.
All-new Navigation2 interface with “one shot” destination entry feature, improved Route Guidance functionality and personalized settings.
Connected Navigation3 offers real-time updates, as well as Predictive Navigation and additional information provided by a cloud database. (Feature requires a Connected Navigation trial or subscription and connectivity.)
USB-C ports. Two new USB-C charging ports are integrated in the front and rear of the center console. That brings the number of ports in the Acadia to five, including a USB-A charging port for the third-row seating area.
Additional new and enhanced technologies on the 2020 Acadia include:
  • Next-generation, 15-watt wireless charging (available).
  • High Definition Rear Vision Camera4 upgraded to digital (standard on SLT, AT4 or Denali and available on SLE).
  • New Rear Camera Mirror4 available on Denali.
  • eBoost brake system standard on models with the new 2.0L Turbo engine
  • Suspension refinements that enhance ride and handling.
The 2020 GMC Acadia goes on sale this fall, with production at GM’s Spring Hill, Tennessee, assembly plant5.

Last edited by FenwickHockey65; 02-18-2019 at 03:45 PM.
FenwickHockey65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 06:34 AM   #2
SSJ455

Drives: "Kara Zor-El" 2017 2SS HBM
I like the Acadia. If I was looking for an SUV, that would be the one I would get. I hope they release pics soon.
Dangerzoooooone.

SSJ455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 07:07 AM   #3
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
There are some, but need to see more.

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 07:08 AM   #4
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
AT4:

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 08:08 AM   #5
SSJ455

Drives: "Kara Zor-El" 2017 2SS HBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
AT4:

I do like it.
Dangerzoooooone.

SSJ455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 08:59 AM   #6
JerTM

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
Not bad at all. I'm excited for the 9 speed. Finally ditched the problematic 6T70. Also happy to see new engine choices.
JerTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 09:03 AM   #7
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
Ready to take on the new explorer. I like it but it’s gonna take a lot to combat the longtitudinal rwd drivetrain with the 10speed in the explorer
Old 02-18-2019, 09:45 AM   #8
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
Actually looking at the pricing just released, the explorers gonna be much more expensive
Old 02-18-2019, 10:19 AM   #9
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Very clean and subtle looking compared to a lot of GM designs lately
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 02:58 PM   #10
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
Good looking. I like the appearance of both the Traverse and Acadia. With that said, I don't like cross-overs in general and it would be very difficult to convince me to purchase one (opinion).

I am hoping that GM will have good luck with these two new versions.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 04:56 PM   #11

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
"All engine offerings feature a stop/start deactivation switch."

Nice....I wonder if all engines, including the optional V-6, have AFM..?....

I would wait a year for this SUV/CUV. Looks much better than the Blazer import.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 08:48 AM   #12
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Kind of disappointed with the interior, maybe its just me but it looks very utilitarian at least in the few pictures I have seen
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 09:18 AM   #13
SSEssence
Instagram: Sangstah

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE
The AT4 trim looks great, GMC did a great job with their designs this year

Follow the build https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=612717
SSEssence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 09:38 AM   #14
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Nice...been waiting to see this. I think it looks good. Not amazing, but attractive. I'd drive it. At first glance, I wasn't sure if I thought it looked better than the current version, but I've viewed them side by side, and I think I like the 2020 looks fine. But it does appear more utility/truck-ish from the front than the current model does (even in the Denali trim...not just the AT4), which some may not care for.

I'm kind of surprised at the power rating of that re-worked 2.0. The 2.0 option in the 2018/2019 GMC Terrain, which is smaller, is rated slightly higher at 252/260.

Last but not least, are those P/D/R drive switches in the dash. I know people have given them a bad rap, but we have them in our 2018 Terrain, and I like them. It might look a bit funky, but it frees up a lot of space, and functions just fine.