Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 10-31-2018, 04:20 PM   #1
Johnny Camaro

Drives: 13 ZL1vert,19 ZL1 vert A10 10/24/18
2019 ZL1 vert already damaged by dealer

Hi guys my 2019 ZL1 vert A10 needed his first 500 miles oil change, me as a car guy walked over to the service area and saw 4 mechanics around the bridge figuring out how to lift my car up and yes you're guessing right they jacked my car up te wrong way so now I've got 4 dented points underneath my car. And I went (I know a little to late but I think you may expect from a Chevy dealer that they know how to lift up a car like this when it's already on the market for almost 3 freaking years) on our site to check things out and yes they didn't lift at the welding points
So damage was already done and just bc I didn't waited in the customer waiting area I know that they screwed it up bc when I did I would have "never" known this.

What would you guys do ?

They offered to fix it but I think that will make it worse and I thought of asking them a voucher of $1500.00 to do my oil changes or new tires in the future.
I think the damage is not a structural problem more a visual problem.
The bar with the 2 wholes in it dented like a quarter inch and one of the this metal grey bars at the back dented in like a half inch.

Last edited by Johnny Camaro; 10-31-2018 at 11:11 PM.
Johnny Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 04:50 PM   #2
1hprush
2018 ZL1 1LE

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Depends on your tolerance level. If you can't see the damage, it's out of sight and out of mind. If it bothers you b/c it's a new car, I'd make them fix it! Personally...I get tired of people not taking responsibility and ownership of their mistakes, and there's so much of it, I'm also tired of accepting other peoples mistakes b/c they may make it worse...Damn! I swear I'm sounding more like my parents everyday!
1hprush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 05:29 PM   #3
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
This is a huge problem in the industry for MANY more makes and models than just the Camaro. Techs for the most part are very old school and/or have the mentality that they've done this so many times that there's no way they could mess up now. As a car guy and dealer owner, I made sure all my techs are educated and equipped with the proper tools to lift these cars.

Take it to a bodyshop and get a report card of the subframe. If it's askew, you have a case. Though personally, I'd want it fixed but be careful you don't get into the circle of a bad service department further screwing up their original screw up...I'm not sure how long of a drive it is for you to Stingray Chevy Bartow, my buddy Matt owns that store and does tons of high end cars and specifically Corvettes/Camaros so I'd recommend them if you want to change dealers.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 06:46 PM   #4
DangerZL1

Drives: 2023 Black ZL1 Auto
I hate reading this. Do you have any pics?
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 07:26 PM   #5
777Jackpot777

Drives: 2018 ZL1, 2018 Tahoe RST Edition
Similar situation occurred when they detailed my brand new Tahoe when signing the paperwork. The detailer tool paint off of my front bumper long story short they had to paint it and make my first months payment.

777Jackpot777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 07:47 PM   #6
Pollock
LT4 M6

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Do your own maintenance from now on.
Pollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 08:16 PM   #7
TheRedhead

Drives: 2018 Red Hot ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
This is a huge problem in the industry for MANY more makes and models than just the Camaro. Techs for the most part are very old school and/or have the mentality that they've done this so many times that there's no way they could mess up now. As a car guy and dealer owner, I made sure all my techs are educated and equipped with the proper tools to lift these cars.

Take it to a bodyshop and get a report card of the subframe. If it's askew, you have a case. Though personally, I'd want it fixed but be careful you don't get into the circle of a bad service department further screwing up their original screw up...I'm not sure how long of a drive it is for you to Stingray Chevy Bartow, my buddy Matt owns that store and does tons of high end cars and specifically Corvettes/Camaros so I'd recommend them if you want to change dealers.

Matt's a wiener. You can tell him I said that.

Built!
TheRedhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 11:16 PM   #8
Johnny Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post

Yes that's what I'm afraid of that they screw up more then they do good.
What city is that Chevy Bartow located ? Don't tell me Bartow right lmao.

And it's my daily enjoying the car so much and then I have to mis him 3 full days they said.
Old 10-31-2018, 11:17 PM   #9
Johnny Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerZL1 View Post
I hate reading this. Do you have any pics?
I'll try ok soon.
Old 10-31-2018, 11:23 PM   #10
Michael2000

Drives: .
So sorry to hear this. What a bunch of idiots! I remember taking my car to a tire place, and the idiot was just about to use a floor jack to lift my Camaro at the floor pan! I got in the car and left.

I would get pictures. I would tell them it needs to be 100% repaired. If they can't repair it, they would have to buy the car back.
Michael2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 05:59 AM   #11
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Chevy dealers that don't send their techs for proper training. The Camaro has been required to be lifted from pinch welds for a long time. Not just the ZL1. So how many Camaros are out there running around with their undersides bent up? Hummm...
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 10:21 AM   #12
sengli

Drives: 2015commemorative vert 2SS
On my free oil changes, If I hadnt been there standing and watching them...they would have done the same thing. These cars are really kinda fragile underneath. A lot of aluminum, ans the sheet metal is thin. This aint your old 69 camaro anymore, that was made out real steel.
sengli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 10:41 AM   #13
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
Been through this myself but got off lucky. The zl1addons lift points are worth their weight in gold. Get them in RED!
Old 11-01-2018, 11:52 AM   #14
Lafourche1

Drives: 2019 CLA 450 Mercedes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicul15 View Post
Been through this myself but got off lucky. The zl1addons lift points are worth their weight in gold. Get them in RED!
+1000

I got them and had my friend install them at his independent shop. Stan is a fellow track rat and daily drives (iron butt) a 2015 Z28. I hate to say it, but there are some things that you have to have a dealer do (warranty, recalls, etc.).
Lafourche1 is offline   Reply With Quote