Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 12-07-2018, 01:43 PM   #43
Smokin19

Drives: 19' ZL1 A10, w/pdr
I see a trend, where all manufacturers feel they have reached the end of the horsepower Wars. Even Ford is eliminating its lineup of cars except for the Mustang. Will the GT500 be the last big motor in a Mustang ? Waiting to see what Dodge is going to do.
I also think a hybrid Camaro is in the works for the next Generation.
BTR Stg II cam w/ 38% fuel lobe, ARH 2" headers into 3" w/cats, AWE Touring, Kong X port, Weapon X triple ht exchangers, NW 103, Rotofab big gulp, DSX lowside, TCM tune, BMR Lockout, Mustang dyno 720 rwhp, 634 rwtq on 93 pump.
Smokin19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 01:56 PM   #44
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
(<--sincere, not sarcastic)
Old 12-07-2018, 01:56 PM   #45
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldman View Post
They better not go after Becky or s**t's going to hit the fan.
Given that she has nothing to do with GM corporate, I don't see how they could.
Old 12-07-2018, 02:07 PM   #46
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
(<--sincere, not sarcastic)
X2.. totally agree with that post.
Old 12-07-2018, 02:16 PM   #47
Quinten_33

Drives: Silverado
Al O led the engineering on the initial 7th gen models. Everything, including the chassis, frame, initial engine and transmission options, suspension tuning, and more were all completed under Al’s eye. They’re about to enter road-testing this winter in preparation to launch as 2021 model year cars. The 7th gen will have gas engines and maybe a few hybrid powertrains, and the SS’s benchmark is basically the C7 Stingray. It will be much lighter than the 6th gen, thanks to cheap and light stuff like 3D-printing and magnesium, as well as some aluminum.

Al will be amazing at making sure that the electric cars drive well, and I think that he’s a better candidate than most at GM for the job. He will be missed, but his work will still be around in Camaros for the next 6-7 years.
Quinten_33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 02:22 PM   #48
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinten_33 View Post
Al O led the engineering on the initial 7th gen models. Everything, including the chassis, frame, initial engine and transmission options, suspension tuning, and more were all completed under Al’s eye. They’re about to enter road-testing this winter in preparation to launch as 2021 model year cars. The 7th gen will have gas engines and maybe a few hybrid powertrains, and the SS’s benchmark is basically the C7 Stingray. It will be much lighter than the 6th gen, thanks to cheap and light stuff like 3D-printing and magnesium, as well as some aluminum.

Al will be amazing at making sure that the electric cars drive well, and I think that he’s a better candidate than most at GM for the job. He will be missed, but his work will still be around in Camaros for the next 6-7 years.
Where did all this alleged information come from?
Old 12-07-2018, 02:23 PM   #49
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
Quote:

No offense, but I sure hope you know what you're talking about.
Old 12-07-2018, 03:17 PM   #50
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:

Seems like its all starting to come together for the 7th gen Camaro and no doubt hybrids are on the way, just need a few spy photos now . I can't wait to see Al O put together an all electric car , good chance Tesla stocks will continue dropping.
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 04:05 PM   #51
TonyNo

Drives: 2016 2SS, SW
Isn't this old news? Seems like a story on Al's shift to electric came out a while ago.
Old 12-07-2018, 04:21 PM   #52
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
I want nothing to do with auto electrics unless i can legally go to my favorite bar, get plowed and allow my car to drive me home. Im onboard of they allow that. They never will, so I'll continue to have one and leave or park it and get a ride. Other than that i see no point.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 04:29 PM   #53
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6_1Le View Post
Seems like its all starting to come together for the 7th gen Camaro and no doubt hybrids are on the way, just need a few spy photos now . I can't wait to see Al O put together an all electric car , good chance Tesla stocks will continue dropping.
"Continue dropping".. It's practically at all time highs now.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 04:38 PM   #54

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
The Volt is dead....The Bolt isn't selling....and GM's big plan is ok, we gotta be first in this electric, autonomous future. Hell, GM is already years and years behind and their first few attempts are duds...

Good luck, Al. You need to make a time machine, go back and start 5 years ago like Tesla and others already have done. Start working on the we gotta close more plants memo because we just didn't come in first after starting 5-10 years after everyone else.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 05:07 PM   #55
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by bturner2 View Post
Probably moved him so he wouldn't be effected by the layoffs.
LOL, that's not how it works.
Old 12-07-2018, 05:23 PM   #56
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Corporate Product Planning trumps Vehicle Line Executive almost every time.....almost. In 2013 when Al said that, GM was in denial about the downsized-boosting phenomenon. The idea of a high volume 120 hp/liter 4-cylinder was a foreign concept (actually, it literally was a foreign concept). Things change.
Not to get too far off topic, but I just wanted to point out that the 2008 - 2009 Chevy Cobalt SS had a 260hp 2.0T engine with 300hp calibration available from the dealer.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...let-cobalt-ss/

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote