Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-06-2009, 05:22 AM   #57
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Oshowainsider,

I have a question regarding the cloth seats. I am only given the chance to make changes up until tomorrow for the Camaro order (a dealer specific decision.) What I want to ask is in regards to the grey seats. I saw a picture of the the leather grey seats and it was a two-tone with black and grey (picture below) which I liked very much on the SS. Now, is that only in leather or does the cloth match that color scheme in the same way if I order grey cloth seats in the 1SS? Thanks
Old 01-06-2009, 06:15 AM   #58
tjbusa
Serious Sleeper

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS M6
Look at HeatherR's, Roadtrip in Victory Red Camaro SS w/ cloth interior! (Captured Test Fleet Car)
in pictures and video gallery
tjbusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 06:38 AM   #59
oshawainsider

Drives: 09 G6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
Oshowainsider,

I have a question regarding the cloth seats. I am only given the chance to make changes up until tomorrow for the Camaro order (a dealer specific decision.) What I want to ask is in regards to the grey seats. I saw a picture of the the leather grey seats and it was a two-tone with black and grey (picture below) which I liked very much on the SS. Now, is that only in leather or does the cloth match that color scheme in the same way if I order grey cloth seats in the 1SS? Thanks
no clue ...im in production not sales or marketing....we're sent a build order and build it....drill the dealer for that info, they get the commission they should have to work for it...thats been part of Gm s problems , poor customer service

in addition ....I do have a friend ..brand manager for chev,cadillac, hummer, Canada that I will introduce to this site as well as a recommendation to our plant manager to visit it as well ....cant promise anything though
oshawainsider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 07:03 AM   #60
XAnimal
Just in time

Drives: MRAP, M-1151 (Humvee)
Send a message via AIM to XAnimal
Quote:
Originally Posted by oshawainsider View Post
no clue ...im in production not sales or marketing....we're sent a build order and build it....drill the dealer for that info, they get the commission they should have to work for it...thats been part of Gm s problems , poor customer service

in addition ....I do have a friend ..brand manager for chev,cadillac, hummer, Canada that I will introduce to this site as well as a recommendation to our plant manager to visit it as well ....cant promise anything though
AWESOME!!! More empolyees means more awesome news and less people freaking out!!!!

I'M HOME from Iraq, can't wait for my Black on Black 2LT RS 2010 Camaro
XAnimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 07:56 AM   #61
fixxer56
Thin Blue Line

Drives: ABM 2LT/RS #10094
Send a message via AIM to fixxer56
Thanks for your updates, giving us great news!
Old 01-06-2009, 09:00 AM   #62
a6pk2go

Drives: ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by oshawainsider View Post
production will resume jan 12 ...the court case should not delay schedule unless it drags to feb...the build schedule is such that body and paint can run for a month before filling up to the trim area
those who are waiting should be very excited as this is the first car I've built that drives as well as it looks
its a gocart and a rocket ship put together
Hey Oshawainsider,

Welcome to the site and thanks for the news.

Does the IOM Camaro look like post #43? That is what I'm hoping mine will look like.

Thanks,

A6
a6pk2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 01:30 PM   #63
Supercop29
Old Cop!

Drives: 2SS/RS
Question/... Are the doors & front fenders metal? or fiberglass? I know the 2002 was fiberglass?
Supercop29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 01:34 PM   #64
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Front and rear Bumper/fenders are plastic. The rest of the car is metal.
Old 01-06-2009, 01:48 PM   #65
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercop29 View Post
Question/... Are the doors & front fenders metal? or fiberglass? I know the 2002 was fiberglass?
Actually they were a different plastic material that's not fiberglass.
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 01:54 PM   #66
camarorick

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Front and rear Bumper/fenders are plastic. The rest of the car is metal.
Don't forget, the hood is made from aluminum.
camarorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 03:21 PM   #67
SWHCPA
Snow White can be naughty

Drives: '10 Camaro/'67 Mustang
Send a message via AIM to SWHCPA Send a message via Yahoo to SWHCPA Send a message via Skype™ to SWHCPA
excellent news. this confirms that the 2/16/09 date for production start that I heard in an online Chevy training video yesterday is still valid. if you read between the lines, the plant can produce bodies for a month before filling up the holding pen to support the chassis line. the colors are insignificant as the company has a pretty good idea of what will be popular (remember that the 2 blues were recently added to the SS choices) and we'll all be in good shape for real cars to come off the line around the 17th or 18th. If in-house QC goes well, the first ones should be on the train around the 25th and to the dealers around the 11th or 12th. Since the Daytona 500 is 2/15/09, you know there will be live capture cars in the tent asap for Speedweeks.

Best to all....

SWH
SWHCPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 03:28 PM   #68
SWHCPA
Snow White can be naughty

Drives: '10 Camaro/'67 Mustang
Send a message via AIM to SWHCPA Send a message via Yahoo to SWHCPA Send a message via Skype™ to SWHCPA
by the way....if you can find a way to do one for me with that cuda lime green over a white base primer, let me know. i'll make it worth everyone's time and effort. no stripe package, please. i'll have a custom 1970's UNT-Mean Green logo package done for it.

\\

best,

s.
SWHCPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 08:07 PM   #69
CamaroTransAmFAM
DIE HARD G.M.FAN 4 LIFE

Drives: 99 TransAm WS6,00 TransAm WS6,05GTP
i agree i never did like the canyon & colorado if i was GM which i am a die hard GM fan 4 life i would scrap the canyon & colorado these trucks are ugly,but i would never buy a toyota if i had to choose between the colorado canyon or tacoma i would choose a canyon or colorado never ever a tacoma i hate import cars and trucks they suck look at the ugly unattractive,uncool honda ridgeline now that is one ugly truck chevy till the end
#1 DIE HARD GM FAN SSuperior MotorSportz "the SSpirit of Championz,The Attitude of Winnerz,"TEAM FBODY WE LIVE AND BREATHE PERFORMANCE"General Motors 4 Life "CAMARO & TRANS AM RACING ORGANIZATION" THE STREETZ IS A JUNGLE,ONLY 2 BEAST REIGN AS KING:THE PONTIAC TRANS AM WS6/FIREHAWK & CAMARO SS/Z28
CamaroTransAmFAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 08:12 PM   #70
CamaroTransAmFAM
DIE HARD G.M.FAN 4 LIFE

Drives: 99 TransAm WS6,00 TransAm WS6,05GTP
agonizing pain i swear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GM hurry up already we speed craving crazy camaro fans are in need of some real performance & power now send those camaros asap please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#1 DIE HARD GM FAN SSuperior MotorSportz "the SSpirit of Championz,The Attitude of Winnerz,"TEAM FBODY WE LIVE AND BREATHE PERFORMANCE"General Motors 4 Life "CAMARO & TRANS AM RACING ORGANIZATION" THE STREETZ IS A JUNGLE,ONLY 2 BEAST REIGN AS KING:THE PONTIAC TRANS AM WS6/FIREHAWK & CAMARO SS/Z28
CamaroTransAmFAM is offline   Reply With Quote