Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 12-30-2012, 05:40 PM   #1205
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Yeah, thanks,i thought it is pretty cool too.
cornerspeed92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:11 PM   #1206
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013 1LE View Post
Now that looks sweet, exactly what I am doing once I get mine. Was It hard to do? Was there a lot of residue left over to remove? How long did it take to remove it?
Very easy pop the hood peel back an edge and have at it. Only a little bit of glue left behind.
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:34 PM   #1207
OzzySS

Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE, 2004 Cavalier
My hood looked better without the vrt. Might have to wash that off tomorrow morning. I plasti-dipped my mail slot area this afternoon, but messed up my edges when I pulled my tape. I like the look of it tho, so I'm going to have to re-do that.
I'm seriously considering taking off my splitter now. No matter how I attack my driveway, it scrapes and is already starting to look pretty ragged on the nose :(
I've also run into an issue with a lot of my lighting mods...mainly that I don't have much space in my garage to work!

OzzySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:45 PM   #1208
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzySS View Post
My hood looked better without the vrt. Might have to wash that off tomorrow morning. I plasti-dipped my mail slot area this afternoon, but messed up my edges when I pulled my tape. I like the look of it tho, so I'm going to have to re-do that.
I'm seriously considering taking off my splitter now. No matter how I attack my driveway, it scrapes and is already starting to look pretty ragged on the nose :(
I've also run into an issue with a lot of my lighting mods...mainly that I don't have much space in my garage to work!
Gotta pull the tape while the dip is still wet. I'm telling ya I don't what the trick is to matte vinyl... i only used ph balanced soap with no waxes air dried and a matte detailer. Rain coupled with dirt drying over night left spots that I could not remove. Could have hid them with a product with some gloss... not the look I want. So paint... like on the rear spoiler is in order.

Dude ditch the splitter before its ruined. When u can use it you'll have it.

tramtwo posted this on the go
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:14 AM   #1209
CrystalRedTintcoat

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
FWIW, I'm keeping my vinyl on for now. Until I've had 30 days of sunshine ill decide how good or bad it is. To date mine has been looking great and nothing like Tram's photo where his looked weathered and gray. Maybe LA has been having more sunshine and this is how mine will look soon too.

I have been washing with Chemical Guys foaming soap, rinsing with San Jose's hard water (an awful water that dries white) and drying using the water-based sheet or pooling method. I haven't rubbed it with a chamois nor a waffled cloth. In fact, I haven't wiped it with anything minus my wash mitt only. The VRT was disappointing but I'm going to try once more with less product. Will keep you all posted and will upload pictures along the way.

I do love Tram's CRT hood tho!
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:52 AM   #1210
OzzySS

Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
Gotta pull the tape while the dip is still wet. I'm telling ya I don't what the trick is to matte vinyl... i only used ph balanced soap with no waxes air dried and a matte detailer. Rain coupled with dirt drying over night left spots that I could not remove. Could have hid them with a product with some gloss... not the look I want. So paint... like on the rear spoiler is in order.

Dude ditch the splitter before its ruined. When u can use it you'll have it.

tramtwo posted this on the go
Yeah, I'm gonna try to get that off of there tomorrow if I can get some room to get a jack under it. Sucks tho, I love the way it looks.
Did you do multiple coats of dip? My first coat had some texture. I thought I'd cleaned it good enough, so I did a second and then a third and pulled the tape.

CRT, I used a minimal amount of vrt, I really don't think I could've used less.

Old 12-31-2012, 02:01 AM   #1211
newb

Drives: 2013 1LE
Ozzy, you know we are waiting for pictures right? You brag for 2-3 days about a photoshoot then show up with no pictures. Not cool... Lol

Sent from a rainbow while riding a unicorn
It's a Dingledarm. It's there to dampen side fumbling. If your marzelvanes fumble too much they can cause total protonic reversal. It gets ugly from there. This is really the biggest problem with the new Camaro. That and the tri-pronged blivot.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:03 AM   #1212
OzzySS

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
Ozzy, you know we are waiting for pictures right? You brag for 2-3 days about a photoshoot then show up with no pictures. Not cool... Lol

sorry man, photoshoot today didn't happen :( i'll keep trying to line it up tho
Old 12-31-2012, 02:05 AM   #1213
newb

Drives: 2013 1LE
Did you at least get some miles in?

It's a Dingledarm. It's there to dampen side fumbling. If your marzelvanes fumble too much they can cause total protonic reversal. It gets ugly from there. This is really the biggest problem with the new Camaro. That and the tri-pronged blivot.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:15 AM   #1214
OzzySS

i put over 100 on it yesterday...was too hungover today to feel like i'd enjoy putting more, so i tried to spend some time working on it, most of which was met with failure. so i gave up and watched some movies :P the only thing that i did successfully was program the garage door opener lol
Old 12-31-2012, 03:02 AM   #1215
OzzySS

Some photos...
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356944549.863532.jpg
Views: 305
Size:  68.8 KB
Good from afar...
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356944566.915188.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  63.9 KB
But far from good...

Old 12-31-2012, 03:07 AM   #1216
CrystalRedTintcoat

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzySS View Post

CRT, I used a minimal amount of vrt, I really don't think I could've used less.
Oz, I wasn't talking about your method. I put way toooo much on myself. That's why I want to try again. Best luck on your splitter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:12 AM   #1217
OzzySS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalRedTintcoat View Post
Oz, I wasn't talking about your method. I put way toooo much on myself. That's why I want to try again. Best luck on your splitter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's cool, I was just trying to say that I was applying it literally by drops at a time, and it still came out shiny. No bueno for the appearance, IMO. I'll either keep it untouched from now on, or take it off in the near future and do something else to it. Maybe that hood I was looking at when it's tax return time lol

Old 12-31-2012, 07:49 AM   #1218
Midnight Rat

Drives: SS 1LE
If I read the install instructions on the splitter right, isn't it riveted on the bbottom with some brackets on the side that once removed you will have holes visible by the wheel well openings.
Midnight Rat is offline   Reply With Quote