Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-16-2009, 11:00 PM   #113
JewelZ
Just Lovin' My Camaro!

Drives: CGM 2LT/RS/AUTO
I am located in San Antonio and I contacted you guys. I have had my 2LT/RS/auto in for about 5 months and was interested. I called and no one returned my phone call. PM me if your interested in my car.

NJHKKM $29,965.00 1EH37 1100 03/28/2009 AFF, B34, DCP, FE9, GBV, LLT, MX0, SGC, UQA, WRS, 2LT

50 YEARS FROM NOW, DON'T YOU WANNA BE ABLE TO LOOK BACK AND SAY YOU HAD THE GUTS TO GET INTO THE CAR!?!?

ORDER STATUS : 6000 as of 08.18.2009. VIN# 33,985!!! His name is 'GOLIATH'!!!

GOT MY CAR!!!! AND I LOVE IT!!!!
JewelZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 12:35 AM   #114
chopss

Drives: 04 sentra, 2ss
whoa!!!!
do your magic and God Speed
joey
chopss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 08:50 AM   #115
esperman
You Can Call Me Jay

Drives: 2010 1LT RJT Manual w/CAI & Solo
Quote:
Originally Posted by brjray View Post
Wouldn't it make more sense to have the vehicle and start working on it before writing articles about it claiming it is going to beat the 8th fastest production car in the world? Hptuners/efilive has not been able to crack the computer yet so how do you plan to tune it?

http://hubpages.com/hub/Top-10-Faste...roduction-Cars

LOL
esperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 09:23 AM   #116
Erik@Torq

Drives: '10 SS + '04 Z16 Z06 S/C
Send a message via MSN to Erik@Torq
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik@Torq View Post
R-spec tires compared to a high performance street tire (not racing slicks) will differ about 8-15 sec depending on the vehicle. The issue with the GT-R going so "slow" was because of different drivers, different days, different weather etc etc. I was there during the second run and saw it with my own eyes.

I have raced at The Nürburgring many times, last time being just a few months ago. I visit the track at least twice a year for "tourist driving" and twice a year for official racing.

HP is obviously important on a track like The Nürburgring, considering a hight difference of approx. 900feet and many long straights, but is far from everything. Just because a car has 2000hp won't make it go faster because it then has to brake harder and have a better suspension to keep the speed through the corners. Every part of the car is as important then the next. A well balanced, well sorted car is everything at that track!

May I ask who is driving? As I am sure you know, the drivers of the any car that has gone faster then 8min full lap, is no amateur. They say it takes about 150 laps to know your way around the track (14 miles, over 100 corners, many dips, bumps etc that WILL kill you if taken wrong) and another 100 laps to really be able to drive fast. I do believe a really good driver could take a highly modified Camaro and do a 8min lap, but where on a forum 30sec may not sound like much, is actually a life time on that track!

Will you be gutting the car completely? Full roll cage? What are the specs on the suspension and brakes besides who's making them? R-spec tires, street tires or slicks?

When will you be doing the actual timed run? On a manufacturer day? Because there are extremly few days that the complete track is open to the public without paying 10-15K USD for 2 hours track time. The tourist driving is not recommended for timed runs due to traffic, plus the Döttingehöhe straight (the long one) is closed and you have to enter the paddock before going out again.

I ask this because I have been involved in a few record runs and trials, and I know how hard it is to get in there.

I hope you guys take the time to answer my questions as I am extremely interested in this project as The Ring is my second home

I seriously hope you guys do pull this off, and I wish you all the luck!

If you have any questions about setting the car up for the track, or anything at all just send me a PM.

I would love to have you guys answer the above questions! I am extremely interested in the project, and really hope it turns out the way you want it to! If you guys havce any questions about the track or it's surroundings just let me know.

My project "Cammedmaro" is actually heading over to The Nurburgring in April, my wife and I are racing the Scuderia Hanseat once again and are going to try and defend last years win for us!

Here is a short vid of my Track prepped Camaro

Erik@Torq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 09:47 AM   #117
themossman
Apprehensive Optimist

Drives: '10 SS/RS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik@Torq View Post
I would love to have you guys answer the above questions! I am extremely interested in the project, and really hope it turns out the way you want it to! If you guys havce any questions about the track or it's surroundings just let me know.

My project "Cammedmaro" is actually heading over to The Nurburgring in April, my wife and I are racing the Scuderia Hanseat once again and are going to try and defend last years win for us!

Here is a short vid of my Track prepped Camaro

If they're having a hard time anteing up the 25k for a V6 Camaro...I seriously doubt they'll have the 10-15k for the track rental. It was a bit of a brash claim to begin with, but to not have the means to even partially attempt their quest...that's just a bit sad. Hopefully their poor attempts at advertising won't bite them too hard....
Engine:Phase One-(All work by Vengeance Racing): Custom Cam, AR Headers, ported throttle body, ported intake, custom tune, dual valve springs, hardened push rods, under drive pulley, thermostat, Vararam CAI, C5R timing chain, Melling oil pump catch can, breather, MagnaFlow Sport Axle Back
Suspension: Pfadt Sport Sway Bars, Pfadt drop springs
Other: MGW Shifter, Custom Paint
my build journal ---->http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30057
themossman is offline   Reply With Quote