Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 12:59 PM   #141
Sizzox
Most Known Unknown

Drives: 08 Vette
Send a message via AIM to Sizzox
Yeah id say call cause thats a far distance to go to order a car
Old 10-02-2008, 01:03 PM   #142
SimC33

Drives: 2001 Blk/Blk M6 Camaro SS #899
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizzox View Post
Yeah id say call cause thats a far distance to go to order a car

Guess I'll give it a shot and call...I'm not really happy about having to go to Grand Prairie, TX to get it, but here in Louisiana there is NO delearship close to me that is willing to do MSRP or invoice! And I live in Baton Rouge for school and commute back home to Shreveport...what the hell...
Old 10-02-2008, 01:17 PM   #143
o2camaross

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS & 04 silvy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimC33 View Post
Guess I'll give it a shot and call...I'm not really happy about having to go to Grand Prairie, TX to get it, but here in Louisiana there is NO delearship close to me that is willing to do MSRP or invoice! And I live in Baton Rouge for school and commute back home to Shreveport...what the hell...
why dont you go to la tech? well i gues it depends on your major. im from slidell but i go to la tech. i just put a down payment on my camaro here in ruston, as far as them sticking to msrp they said they dont know bc they dont know the allocation yet, but im #3 on the list
Old 10-02-2008, 01:24 PM   #144
SimC33

Quote:
Originally Posted by o2camaross View Post
why dont you go to la tech? well i gues it depends on your major. im from slidell but i go to la tech. i just put a down payment on my camaro here in ruston, as far as them sticking to msrp they said they dont know bc they dont know the allocation yet, but im #3 on the list

I'm here at LSU 1. for the football and 2. for mechanical engineering and business...lol let me know if you hear back from them about getting MSRP...and stop by the regional forums, your the only other LA person I know
Old 10-02-2008, 01:38 PM   #145
KarlChev

Drives: Silverado 1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimC33 View Post
Oh, and I don't think I was answered when I asked this, but do I HAVE to order at the dealership on the 13th in person or can I do it over the phone. The dealership I'm ordering from is 325 miles away from me. Is it not a good idea to do it by phone?
I work in the internet department and sell and take orders on vehicles all the time over the phone/emails. Should not be a problem.

I sold a vette to a guy who lives 300 miles away in Green Bay and never met him.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:44 PM   #146
o2camaross

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS & 04 silvy
lol, hows the engineering program there?
Old 10-02-2008, 01:54 PM   #147
Ry4nVan

Drives: Currently (Toyota Tacoma)
wow, these dealerships really have no clue what they are talking about.

I called the closest dealership to see when I can put my name down for the waiting list.

The answer I got was... well, we have no specs yet. GM has given us no information... and the only time we'll take orders is when we hear the pricing. Then you can put your down payment on the car.

You'd think each dealership would be smart and have at least one or two Camaro experts that are keeping up on all of this information somehow. That way we don't get silly sales people that talk out of their ass.

I really felt like just telling him all of the info I've found on this website to answer his own questions lol.
Old 10-02-2008, 02:38 PM   #148
SimC33

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlChev View Post
I work in the internet department and sell and take orders on vehicles all the time over the phone/emails. Should not be a problem.

I sold a vette to a guy who lives 300 miles away in Green Bay and never met him.
So do I have to send him a down payment for the car or is this just a call and say, "Hi I wanna pre-order a camaro and heres what I want so far...(insert options), can I be placed on your list?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by o2camaross View Post
lol, hows the engineering program there?

It's hard as balls, but hopefully it pays off. The football on the weekends makes up for shitty school...What are you studying?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ry4nVan View Post

I called the closest dealership to see when I can put my name down for the waiting list.

The answer I got was... well, we have no specs yet. GM has given us no information... and the only time we'll take orders is when we hear the pricing. Then you can put your down payment on the car.

You'd think each dealership would be smart and have at least one or two Camaro experts that are keeping up on all of this information somehow. That way we don't get silly sales people that talk out of their ass.

I really felt like just telling him all of the info I've found on this website to answer his own questions lol.

Call him up and fill him in on whats going on over here.....haha
Old 10-02-2008, 03:23 PM   #149
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
I sold vettes to Texas, California, Vermont and Florida, from Wisconsin. It's not complicated at all.
Old 10-02-2008, 03:26 PM   #150
Ry4nVan

Drives: Currently (Toyota Tacoma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ry4nVan View Post

And... on top of that...

When I first started the conversation on the phone I said, "I'm calling in regards to the New Camaro."

His response was, "The 2002 Camaro?"

ugh.
Old 10-02-2008, 04:49 PM   #151
KarlChev

Drives: Silverado 1500
[QUOTE=SimC33;144558]So do I have to send him a down payment for the car or is this just a call and say, "Hi I wanna pre-order a camaro and heres what I want so far...(insert options), can I be placed on your list?"

Every dealer is different, but most will want a deposit before they order a car for you or even place you on the list.
Old 10-02-2008, 05:12 PM   #152
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Keep in mind, the dealerships aren't being told much....And there are a select few that have been on these fourms for over a year, digging for answers. Others don't even know this forum is here - nor are they watching the GM sites for any Camaro news content. they have cobalts, impala's, malibu's that are selling right now.
Old 10-02-2008, 05:19 PM   #153
heavyt100

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
Keep in mind, the dealerships aren't being told much....And there are a select few that have been on these fourms for over a year, digging for answers. Others don't even know this forum is here - nor are they watching the GM sites for any Camaro news content. they have cobalts, impala's, malibu's that are selling right now.
I'm sure that's true.

But in these perilous economic times, smart dealers should doing everything they can to get an edge on the competition.

Knowledge of product is one way to gain an edge, especially when selling to a passionate base of buyers.

This is an opportunity for dealers to make some much-needed money. I'm surprised to hear of so many shining it on.
Old 10-03-2008, 01:23 AM   #154
joel98z

Drives: 1999 Trans Am
Scotty, I qualify for GMS pricing. Will you guys honor that for a new order?

Closed Thread