Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2013 Camaro5 Fest (IV)

Old 11-28-2012, 12:30 PM   #323
Caswell239

Drives: 2011 2ss/rs
So has it been decided yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapat
Caswell239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:30 PM   #324
rocketman 12
SOON.........

Drives: 2010 ABM SS/RS Z-281LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
What makes you say the last one went bad? Sure... there were some mishaps for some on the drive in. Sure... there was some oppressive heat. Sure...there were some misunderstandings between s.o. Sure... the cruise turned out to be a bit of a white knuckler.

But...there is no sight like the one of seeing almost a thousand Camaros in one contiguous parking lot. The comraderie and ease to which one could strike up a conversation with anyone. The highly respected and admired team from GM that were in attendance.

The fun for the people who got to test their cars in the Camarocross and/or the drag strip. The parking lot hang-out time in the evening to revel in admiring what each personalized Camaro had to offer. THE TEXAS BAR!!! I can't even begin to describe just how well and how smooth things went when it came down to the parking lot scene. You would think that a bunch of crazy Camaro people with some of them having some crazy ridiculously loud cars....it was ALMOST as quiet as a parking lot in a church on Sunday. I guess the best way to describe it is it was like a family getting together for the first time and really trying to enjoy our time together.

So, I would like to ask you if you have ever tried to organize an event for people across the country to meet in one location and strive to make everyone happy?......................NO? well if that is your answer, than I find it appalling to suggest that it was an ultimate fail on the part of the staff because they disappointed you. I hope you find it in your heart to apogolize to them because it is not there intention to hurt or betray anyone. There are limitations to any of these types of event. These types of events are better suited for people that have that deep passion to share in all things Camaro, and some of that involves time and deep enough pockets. If you're limited by one or the other or both, do not feel bad. You're time will come. Otherwise, you should feel fortunate that there is and there will continue to be an Event such as this to attend....and be happy for those that make the effort to go, some go at great expense. Peace

Old 11-28-2012, 12:32 PM   #325
Caswell239

Drives: 2011 2ss/rs
If its in Indy I have 36 hours of driving time to get there. 2000 miles there 2000 miles back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapat
Caswell239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:43 PM   #326
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyr0b0y View Post
I doubt any prices are going to go down from last year. Someone mentioned that it would be easier to secure pricing and to work with businesses in the area, someone will get a price cut, but i highly doubt its going to be any attending members....
This is where we separate fact from fiction.

Neither the Host Hotel or the Track offered any cash incentive for returning. What they did offer was to hold the dates for a 2013 return of the FEST.

There were several tracks that made ridiculous low ball offers to get the event. Those tracks were not used because they did not meet the criteria for holding a FEST. The mods may correct my statement, but the biggest hurdle logistically for the FEST was finding a Host Hotel that could park 1,000 5th Gens.

Dates are a huge challenge when you book less than two years in advance.

Then there is the matter of contracts. Every time the event moves new contracts need to be completed. That takes time.

Last, but by no means least, building a relationship with the hotel and track staff is invaluable. When we went to the track at INDY, the Safety Chief watched our every move and blocked most of them. We finally agreed that he would leave us alone for a few hours to get setup and then we would resolve safety issues. When he came back he said "this is the best layout we have ever had for an AC. What can I do to help?"

We spent half a day talking, building enough of a relationship to get to the point where we could start our work. I have been and will remain an advocate for a two or three track rotation. We'll get good dates. The paperwork will flow. We'll maintain relationships so the event flows.

All of this is secondary to the goal of C5 Hosting the Best Possible FEST. This year we will work on making the event better. From the most basic aspect of creating and living with a schedule for the event that is posted well before the FEST starts. We will have information available at the Host Hotel that includes the schedule and maps so C5 Guests know where to park, where the Car Show is. Where to go for Drag Tech or AC Tech and more.

I am a member of the community. I am also a vendor in the community. To my knowledge, I am the only person involved in any planning aspect of the FEST that has a monetary interest in the FEST. The Moderators do this because they enjoy the FEST as much as you do.

So now you know there is no hidden agenda. There is no cash under the table.

What I am about to write is not directed at pyr0b0y but is directed at the forum as a whole. It is time to put an end to the innuendos and general disrespect for the Moderators in this thread. There is no room for I'll build my own event and screw the Camaro5 guys. Camaro5 is the house you are visiting and speaking in.

I am not saying you should not have a great local or regional event. I am saying you should hold that event because you embrace the 5th Gen community. Hold the event and invite us all all. Just don't hold or present an event as revenge because you don't like this year's location of the FEST. That undermines the spirit of the online community known as Camaro5.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:48 PM   #327
smkeeling
MNSTRBEE

Drives: 2010 Transformers 2SS/RS
Who decides this? Second, Why not have 4 fests? One in each corner of the US. This would allow you to drive to the closest one or drive to all 4. It would also allow vendors to sell to more of the camaro family in person, show new product and do meet and greets. When I say four corners just to be clear divide up the US in to four, roughly, equal squares and have four different fest at the appropriate time depending on the seasonal temps. It will also help those with vacation. They might miss the one in their corner but the other one is close enough. Last can you really ever get enough of camaro fest? There's more to be written on this idea but I will leave it here.
2010 BumbleBee 2SS/RS Stainless Works headers 1 7/8, Roto-Fab CAI, Magnaflow 3" cat back exhaust with X-pipe, Ported and polished Mast Motorsports LS3 heads, ported and polished TB, LSXR FAST 102 intake ported to match heads, CAM and Tuned by T&T Performance 498RWHP 468RWTQ still getting 24mpg hwy VDI vertical doors installed by T&T Performance
smkeeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:50 PM   #328
radametz

Drives: 2013 CRT 2SS/1LE; 2016 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by smkeeling View Post
Who decides this? Second, Why not have 4 fests? One in each corner of the US. This would allow you to drive to the closest one or drive to all 4. It would also allow vendors to sell to more of the camaro family in person, show new product and do meet and greets. When I say four corners just to be clear divide up the US in to four, roughly, equal squares and have four different fest at the appropriate time depending on the seasonal temps. It will also help those with vacation. They might miss the one in their corner but the other one is close enough. Last can you really ever get enough of camaro fest? There's more to be written on this idea but I will leave it here.
Somebody brought up doing 2 Fest's in another thread and it was immediately shot down. The logisitics of coordinating 1 Fest (I would imagine) are stressful enough. Coordinating and running 4 would be a nightmare. Pretty sure all of the mods would be bald 2 months in to planning
Old 11-28-2012, 12:51 PM   #329
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketman 12 View Post
Thank you...I don't think Overflow read this... Do you think we should have an election to have one person or group responsible in deciding which venue we should have each year and have them responsible in organizing said venue? hmmmm, I have a feeling their wouldn't be too many people throwing their hat in the ring...except for the ones already taking responsibility.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:51 PM   #330
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post

What I am about to write is not directed at pyr0b0y but is directed at the forum as a whole. It is time to put an end to the innuendos and general disrespect for the Moderators in this thread. There is no room for I'll build my own event and screw the Camaro5 guys. Camaro5 is the house you are visiting and speaking in.

I am not saying you should not have a great local or regional event. I am saying you should hold that event because you embrace the 5th Gen community. Hold the event and invite us all all. Just don't hold or present an event as revenge because you don't like this year's location of the FEST. That undermines the spirit of the online community known as Camaro5.

ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:54 PM   #331
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
This is where we separate fact from fiction.

Neither the Host Hotel or the Track offered any cash incentive for returning. What they did offer was to hold the dates for a 2013 return of the FEST.

There were several tracks that made ridiculous low ball offers to get the event. Those tracks were not used because they did not meet the criteria for holding a FEST. The mods may correct my statement, but the biggest hurdle logistically for the FEST was finding a Host Hotel that could park 1,000 5th Gens.

Dates are a huge challenge when you book less than two years in advance.

Then there is the matter of contracts. Every time the event moves new contracts need to be completed. That takes time.

Last, but by no means least, building a relationship with the hotel and track staff is invaluable. When we went to the track at INDY, the Safety Chief watched our every move and blocked most of them. We finally agreed that he would leave us alone for a few hours to get setup and then we would resolve safety issues. When he came back he said "this is the best layout we have ever had for an AC. What can I do to help?"

We spent half a day talking, building enough of a relationship to get to the point where we could start our work. I have been and will remain an advocate for a two or three track rotation. We'll get good dates. The paperwork will flow. We'll maintain relationships so the event flows.

All of this is secondary to the goal of C5 Hosting the Best Possible FEST. This year we will work on making the event better. From the most basic aspect of creating and living with a schedule for the event that is posted well before the FEST starts. We will have information available at the Host Hotel that includes the schedule and maps so C5 Guests know where to park, where the Car Show is. Where to go for Drag Tech or AC Tech and more.

I am a member of the community. I am also a vendor in the community. To my knowledge, I am the only person involved in any planning aspect of the FEST that has a monetary interest in the FEST. The Moderators do this because they enjoy the FEST as much as you do.

So now you know there is no hidden agenda. There is no cash under the table.

This!! get a clue people. lay down the hatred.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:55 PM   #332
smkeeling
MNSTRBEE

Drives: 2010 Transformers 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by x1sniper3x View Post
Somebody brought up doing 2 Fest's in another thread and it was immediately shot down. The logisitics of coordinating 1 Fest (I would imagine) are stressful enough. Coordinating and running 4 would be a nightmare. Pretty sure all of the mods would be bald 2 months in to planning
It could be divided amongst the mods per the corners as they would know their area the best. Its called divide and conquer.
2010 BumbleBee 2SS/RS Stainless Works headers 1 7/8, Roto-Fab CAI, Magnaflow 3" cat back exhaust with X-pipe, Ported and polished Mast Motorsports LS3 heads, ported and polished TB, LSXR FAST 102 intake ported to match heads, CAM and Tuned by T&T Performance 498RWHP 468RWTQ still getting 24mpg hwy VDI vertical doors installed by T&T Performance
smkeeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:55 PM   #333
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyr0b0y View Post
That would be freaking awesome! I think everyone on the West Coast would be down for it!

total FAIL! We have a ton of members just in California and Trexas alone!

Same here, CFII was amazing, and it still comes up from time to time. At least make the location more in the middle of the US!

Even if people come from West Coast or Texas, the more than likely won't be bringing their cars...takes a lot of the fun out of it!

They just dont get it......i personally think its about money too...

+1

Pretty obvious that I won't be going to CamaroFest this year. I met a lot of great people at CFII that I was hoping to reconnect with on CFIII. It was announced and then I was looking to CFIV, well out the window that goes! I did a couple major events and rallys last year and had a blast! Guess I'll be doing them again this year.

I'm not much of an drag guy(sorry, but the better you get, the less time you get on the track!) and AutoX is so-so. You guys need to include the road racing people too and not all high horsepower cars are drag racers.

On another note, I'm looking forward to the Camaro WestFest for 2013!

Seems like more and more groups are starting to hold their own yearly CamaroFests. California has been doing in the last 2 years, and I know Texas is always doing something. It's only a matter of time before Florida puts a big event together. I'm predicting the attendance numbers to be less than they were last year....disappointing to say the least.
I've had people that are "in the circle" that have told me that money was a main priority.

Florida already has a yearly event. But I'm pretty sure an event in Sputh Georgia is being made for those who can't make it to Fest.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:58 PM   #334
Jay_LHD3

Drives: 2019 F150 RCSB Abyss FX4
Name:  map.jpg
Views: 406
Size:  47.5 KB

I would guess Oklahoma being closer to the center when you factor in FL, CA, and TX as being the dominate groups for huge turnouts.

But that said, if you put it in the middle of the country you will have large amounts of people on the East and West that aren't going to make a 20 hr drive.

So it's better that if floats around. One year of it being in the same place isn't bad if it allows the organizers a chance to fine tune the event. Specially considering the event getting larger each year!

I remember the threads on here when they were putting together the SE Meet and Greet, that became Camaro Fest 1. There is a lot that goes on in the background and I give major props to the Mods for putting this on each year.

Jay_LHD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:59 PM   #335
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
I've had people that are "in the circle" that have told me that money was a main priority.
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:59 PM   #336
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Look up here.
Finally found it.... this is what changed my mind.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=976

Quote:
I am torn on preference for Camaro5FEST IV.

The FEST would benefit from a returning to INDY next year. We can have hotel and track contracts done in days as opposed to months. That leaves the C5 staff free to work on improvements to the FEST. Together they can refine the process to create a better guest experience from the moment your walk into the host hotel until you pack your Camaro to leave Sunday. These refinements become standard operating procedures that move with the FEST. It is an investment in the future of the FEST and provides a HUGE advantage for FEST V. We begin shopping the location for FEST V a year in advance opening opportunities at far more tracks and hotels. (HINT, HINT, HINT)

The Texas contingent has driven on average about 1,400 miles to each FEST and have shown up in HUGE numbers with the TEXAS Bar. The Bar alone should qualify them for a FEST in Texas. More Camaros are sold in Texas than any other state according to my sources at GM.

Most Populous States
California 37 Million
Texas 25 Million
New York 19 Million
Florida 19 Million
Illinois 19 Million

Hot Rod runs an enormous amount of car events with the most famous being the Hot Rod Power Tour. Based on their years for experience and data collected shows that Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Kentucky are the epicenter for Car Guys. 50% of all the people that will attend or participate in a car show live in these States. Expand that to a 600 mile radius from Cleveland and you cover 75% of the Car Guys Showing or Going to Car Shows. That speaks well to the FEST III location at INDY, but does nothing for the dense cluster of Camaro owners in Texas. They deserve a TEXAS C5FEST and I will support a TEXAS based FEST until there is one.

The C5 Moderators have some great offers from other locations. They deserve nothing less than a detailed evaluation and may alter everything I have just said. One option would allow us to have the absolute best CamaroCross you can imagine, but comes with Host Hotel challenges. The selection process is never easy. Florida has good population density, but it is a long drive from the North East and Mid-West. If we ran a FEST in Florida those traveling from the snow belt could be in the same situation I was for FEST I. Snowed in.

The FEST is an amazing event that is the result of an almost perfect storm. The re-birth of a deeply loved vehicle with incredibly passionate owners and an aspirational owner base, a start up web site with an exceptional group of moderators and a PHENOMENAL core group of Camaro5 members that set a tone for this online community. When you drill down, you'll be amazed to find how small that core group is in relation to the tens of thousands of members. That core group is responsible for the overwhelming popularity of C5 and the C5FEST. Because of them, we are constantly growing and atractine new C5 members and C5FEST Guests. The 5th Gen Camaro is what brought us together. C5 PEOPLE keep us together. The C5FEST is a celebration of the PEOPLE that bring their Camaro with the to show, drag or CamaroCross

The Camaro Clubs in Texas are amazing as I know others are as well. Allow me to tip my hat to the INDY club for a job well done. I have had the opportunity to meet and work with 5th Gen Clubs across the country. Having said that and knowing that some may feel slighted, the H-Town Camaro Club has blown me away with the San Antonio Club running a very close second. You couldn't ask for better host clubs. In the end, no matter what I say, the C5 Moderators will make a great choice.

PS: Car Guys is a gender neutral term that includes both sexes
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote