Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 05-08-2018, 04:38 PM   #1
Inkedmongo

Drives: 2ss
Pulley size

So I ordered a stage II D1SC kit and get an email asking my mods and what psi I would like to be at. I assume this is for what size pulley they will provide with my kit.

If I recall most people go with the 6-7psi range pulley for stock engines, correct?
Inkedmongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 07:55 PM   #2
MR 45TH

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Most of the people I know are in the 8-10 psi range on stock internals. Personally I’m at 10.
Old 05-08-2018, 08:13 PM   #3
Inkedmongo

Drives: 2ss
Alright, what kind of PSI can we push an entirely stock lower end to without worrying about catastrophic failure?

I know adding headers lowers the pressure of the system somewhat. I plan on most likely upgrading my fuel system with headers and running E70 (what we have here on tap)
Inkedmongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 09:18 PM   #4
MR 45TH

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkedmongo View Post
Alright, what kind of PSI can we push an entirely stock lower end to without worrying about catastrophic failure?
I personally won’t go above 10. I’m sure there are plenty that are over that with great success, but at the end of the day if it goes south you’ll be stuck with the bill not those that are pushing more psi .
Also keep in mind when it comes to the longevity of these engines, actually any for that matter it can’t be stressed enough how important a good tune is! If your tune is crap you can run into issues long before that 10-12 psi mark.