Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 08-07-2013, 04:03 PM   #309
rockrau

Drives: 2010 2ss red LS3
Cutting to the chase

Does the RB kit stop better and with less fade than the CTS V set up? If so by how much? Numbers please.Data is good.
rockrau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:33 AM   #310
SPCBA

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treefrog View Post
My last track day I lost my brakes at Atlanta Motorsports park.. Peddle went to the floor.. I had some brake fade but still enough brake to make the anti-lock function.. That is until several laps in and the end of the straight there.. So, I was E-brake and into the runoff area.. car filled w/ sand.. haha

Anyway, I was ignorant and ignored my brakes not knowing they were the weak link.. I don't wanna be in that place again..

I am sold on the RB rotors.. I plan to buy a set.. But the difference in your testimonial of the OP and post #283 (I think it was) are polar opposites.. I'm wondering if the difference could be brake pad only related.. I have little doubt of the functionality of the rotors..

If the OE calipers and a set of RB rotors will do what you say with a proper pad.. That is what I want to do as I think it will suit my needs.. I don't consider myself a good enough driver to require the 6pot setup.. Besides, I have my OE calipers power coated and I really like them.. haha
that post makes comments about a pad. he took a pad advertised as a street pad on a road course and a fast one at that. new hpde driver means slow and cautious driver...not someone trying to out break people and see how late they can brake. proper pad for a HEAVY car is necessary. i would not recommend anything but a true track pad for any road course...especially a high speed one in summer. pads can only take so much heat...that post also makes no mention of other brake products he has upgraded. like lines and fluid for example which should be first!

track pads for track....shitty duralast pads for street is what i run.
Old 08-08-2013, 04:39 PM   #311
Treefrog
U235 is fun!

Drives: CGM 2SS/M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPCBA View Post
that post makes comments about a pad. he took a pad advertised as a street pad on a road course and a fast one at that. new hpde driver means slow and cautious driver...not someone trying to out break people and see how late they can brake. proper pad for a HEAVY car is necessary. i would not recommend anything but a true track pad for any road course...especially a high speed one in summer. pads can only take so much heat...that post also makes no mention of other brake products he has upgraded. like lines and fluid for example which should be first!

track pads for track....shitty duralast pads for street is what i run.
Ty man.. I think you have squared me away.. I have stainless lines and use Modul fluid.. So I think I will go with the RB rotors and a set of track pads for track days.. I should have no brake issues on my next outing! 8)
Treefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 05:32 PM   #312
SPCBA

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376087235.904752.jpg
Views: 367
Size:  52.3 KB
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376087251.336671.jpg
Views: 382
Size:  79.8 KB

anodized red not powdercoating! sexy sexy calipers. the red is almost like a candy look to it
Old 08-09-2013, 05:46 PM   #313
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Ok Blake, if those don't fix your brake issues, I guess we all know where the problem resides....LOL Those do look awesome...hope they work up to your expectations...
Old 08-09-2013, 08:30 PM   #314
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by So Cal Camaro View Post
Ok Blake, if those don't fix your brake issues, I guess we all know where the problem resides....LOL Those do look awesome...hope they work up to your expectations...
They DO look great. We'll know by the end of the weekend how he did with them.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 09:16 PM   #315
SPCBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by So Cal Camaro View Post
haha yes we will definatly know where the problem is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
They DO look great. We'll know by the end of the weekend how he did with them.
i will do a review of the install and the track performance over 2 days at a highspeed track that i have wrecked brakes and pads and rotors on before.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:21 PM   #316
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

So how did the new setup work at Fontana last weekend?

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 08-16-2013, 06:01 PM   #317
SPCBA

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376693744.905620.jpg
Views: 324
Size:  160.8 KB
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376693764.372959.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  64.9 KB

two pictures of RacingBrake Calipers in the front of my car.

Had 2 track days this past weekend in Fontana, CA at AutoClub Speedway. I was totally happy and a little impressed with the level of control I had with the brake pedal. The brake pedal felt exactly like the throttle...after a small learning curve I was able to feather and control the braking to the exact point that I needed or wanted.
I also was also able to change the pads out at the track with simple hand tools and keep going.

The calipers are anodized, not powder coated. I put them through the heat cycle gauntlet in southern California and the extra heat I build up being an auto. The anodizing held up to the heat (no golden brown burned color) as well as some spilled brake fluid.

Highly recommend for show or go!!!
Old 08-16-2013, 06:23 PM   #318
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Nice! What pads did you use?

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 08-16-2013, 07:39 PM   #319
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Those red anodized calipers look great!
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 07:44 PM   #320
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
Ssshhhhhh they are really pink! Blake's favorite color!
Old 08-16-2013, 10:02 PM   #321
SPCBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Nice! What pads did you use?
i used a 970X3 i dont think they sell them yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
they really do...like a metallic candy
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHMSC View Post
Ssshhhhhh they are really pink! Blake's favorite color!
real men can wear pink and not be bothered by it i know they will also have a few more colors.

to expand on the braking ability...my auto coming off banked nascar turns 1 and 2 slowed down enough to make 2 very low speed 90 degree turns. repeatedly and without quit. i was faster than a ctsv fully gutted and fully modded race car on slicks at every point in the track. partly due to my confidence in my car and the ease a which i could out brake things. i dove around him a few times in corners much to his unhappiness.

the install is easy as pie! took longer to bleed one of them than it did to get car on ramps, wheels off, install calipers and put wheels back on.
Old 08-16-2013, 10:28 PM   #322
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPCBA View Post
i used a 970X3 i dont think they sell them yet.

they really do...like a metallic candy

real men can wear pink and not be bothered by it i know they will also have a few more colors.

to expand on the braking ability...my auto coming off banked nascar turns 1 and 2 slowed down enough to make 2 very low speed 90 degree turns. repeatedly and without quit. i was faster than a ctsv fully gutted and fully modded race car on slicks at every point in the track. partly due to my confidence in my car and the ease a which i could out brake things. i dove around him a few times in corners much to his unhappiness.

the install is easy as pie! took longer to bleed one of them than it did to get car on ramps, wheels off, install calipers and put wheels back on.
Great job from beginning to track report RacingBrake is fortunate to have you as a spokesperson.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote