Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-19-2011, 01:06 PM   #57
Beauwulf

Drives: '10 LT RS A6 & '04 Acura RSX Type S
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhog View Post
That insulator does look thicker than 1cm. What I think will happen is if the VR is moved up it will close the gap in front of the intake where the air is forced in and restrict the air flow.
The spacer is .47" thick.
Old 10-19-2011, 01:10 PM   #58
mhog

Drives: 2010 V6 Camaro 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenningJ View Post
It might be possible for Vararam to special cut a lower unit to specifically fit those cars that would be equipped with the isolators. They have done a lot of custom fit assemblies already. It would change the angle at which the intake sits but I don't think it would be enough to negatively effect anything.
I would like to see the results of this first befor asking VR for a modified assembly. Sound interesting though.
mhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 02:36 PM   #59
ChadG

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro LS
Quote:
That insulator does look thicker than 1cm. What I think will happen is if the VR is moved up it will close the gap in front of the intake where the air is forced in and restrict the air flow.
Quote:
I would like to see the results of this first befor asking VR for a modified assembly. Sound interesting though.
I agree with mhog on this one, it looks like raising the Vararam at the air horn will cause restriction. Steve and the guys at Vararam have been great, though, so if this pans out I'm sure they'll work with us.
ChadG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 05:44 PM   #60
bmwdon
I refuse to go smurfy

Drives: 2009 Challenger SRT8, 2010 Camaro
now that is neat, I hadn't seen a vr cai yet, looks almost like it presses up against the bottom of the hood.

-Bill...the Camaro was my wifes, now she's got a minivan
Challenger- 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 Procharger D1 Supercharger: 10.895 @ 126.720 MPH
bmwdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 06:19 PM   #61
ChadG

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwdon View Post
now that is neat, I hadn't seen a vr cai yet, looks almost like it presses up against the bottom of the hood.
It does, I need to take a picture of the heat mat on the hood for you - you can see where the Vararam seals . . . it's dirty where it's drawing air in and clean in the rest of the engine compartment - pretty cool. It's drawing air using a scoop that goes down in front of the radiator.
ChadG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 06:13 AM   #62
bmwdon
I refuse to go smurfy

Drives: 2009 Challenger SRT8, 2010 Camaro
oh F, that is even tricker! how the hell did this cai compare to the others on the market as far as dyno? seems it would get it's best #'s in motion or with a big ass dyno fan blowing on it then, a true ram air design. very nice!

If that first tube that attaches to the t/b can be adjusted/angled any, or is silicone, then it should work fine with the .47" riser in place I would think.

damn, looking at the picture a bit up top, that looks like hard plastic and not a whole lot of slop-ability in there. It'll either dig deep into the hood insulation or it'll crack the plastic around where it attaches to the t/b after a couple hard hood closes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadG View Post
It's drawing air using a scoop that goes down in front of the radiator.

-Bill...the Camaro was my wifes, now she's got a minivan
Challenger- 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 Procharger D1 Supercharger: 10.895 @ 126.720 MPH
bmwdon is offline   Reply With Quote