Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 05-27-2009, 07:56 PM   #1
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Thumbs up Good News For The QC Cars - ALL cars in QC hold to ship within 10 days

Ok, I just spoke to John Fitzpatrick on the phone about an hour ago. For those of you who don't know who he is, he is GM's Marketing Manager. I had sent an e-mail Ed Peper, he actually received the e-mail and instructed Mr Fitzpatrick to call me.

The whole reason for me writing to Ed Peper was in response of an e-mail he sent to, i'm guessing, all current GM owners letting us know that GM is in to win and will survive these tough economic times. I was able to reply to that message and it actually got to him.

The reason I wrote to him was to express my anger over being told by my dealer that my car would arrive on a certain date. It's not the dealer's fault, they were sent an e-mail saying the car had been shipped and had a arrival date. That was GM's fault for providing incorrect information.

Because of this information, I moved back to Oregon from Colorado a week early so I could be here when the car got here, I drove all night 18 hours with my GF following in my Colorado. It really wasn't an inconvenience I had to make the move anyway but I expedited things and ruched things because I thought my car was going to be there when I got back. When it wasn't there the day after the expected day, my dealer called DBC to find that it was still in Oshawa for QC.

Anyway, with this all aside, John called me and assured me that ALL the cars in QC hold are expected to ship within the next 10 days if not sooner. They are working very hard at getting these cars inspected and on their way. They know we are upset watching others that ordered later or didn't order at all get cars while we are still waiting.

They also know that this launch and communication has not gone well but they are trying to learn from it in an attempt to keep it from happening this way again. He did say my car was not there for any particular QC issue, it was chosen at random to get a thorough inspection.

It does make me feel better to know that because of this delay, I am getting a much more thorough inpection than most cars and this in itself should give me one of the best of the best. On these cars, they are checking the battery cable issue, the steering pump issue, any body alignment issues, the brakes, the transmissions, and the list goes on. It will be worth the wait to know I shouldn't have problems after I take delivery of this car.

Although the wait sucks, in the end we can be assured we are getting a near flawless machine. I for one, have never threatened to , nor has the thought even crossed my mind to give up and buy something else, I want and I am getting the car I ordered nearly 8 months ago. All of us that have been waiting, they wait is almost over. I do feel a lot better after talking to mr Fitzpatrick.
Old 05-27-2009, 07:58 PM   #2
nards444

Drives: 1SS/RS Black
ive heard this too that all QC cars will be shipped within a week or so. Which I think is a couple thousand of them
Old 05-27-2009, 08:00 PM   #3
duffmobile

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS - IOM/IOM
Hopefully it holds true! What's your VIN? I'm still waiting and I'm 7539.
L99 with 2.8 LC Kenne Bell, Kooks 1 7/8 headers, Corsa Catback, R2C CAI, 491 RWHP / 500 RWTQ ---- 2010 MY #7539
duffmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 08:01 PM   #4
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
I know waiting is frustrating. John is a great guy and he and GM did alot for Stephanie. I know it was really tough for us once we found out the car was built on second day of production and then got caught in Q/C. We got it 6 weeks after it was built. But she is a great car and worth the wait.

Good luck on your quest for you new baby.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 08:02 PM   #5
Lucky SOB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I was in the same boat a few weeks ago. Car was delivered to the dealer but not the invoice because they never pulled it for QC before it left the factory. They had to come pick it up from the dealer and take it to a local facility. What a pain. I too was in contact with Ed Peper and got things sorted out. Once the car had the QC performed, the dealer received the invoice and I was able to take delivery. It was at the dealer for almost two weeks and I couldn't take it. You're gonna love the car tho! Congrats.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:03 PM   #6
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
Quote:
It does make me feel better to know that because of this delay, I am getting a much more thorough inpection than most cars and this in itself should give me one of the best of the best. On these cars, they are checking the battery cable issue, the steering pump issue, any body alignment issues, the brakes, the transmissions, and the list goes on. It will be worth the wait to know I shouldn't have problems after I take delivery of this car.
My car is still in the que awaiting that moment it gets sent down the line. I feel the same way, but I haven't been waiting as long as most here. I hope if I was in the position you guys are, I could keep this in the proper perspective. I would rather wait now, they have a problem later.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:05 PM   #7
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWIweldace View Post
Ok, I just spoke to John Fitzpatrick on the phone about an hour ago....

Anyway, with this all aside, John called me and assured me that ALL the cars in QC hold are expected to ship within the next 10 days if not sooner.
If this is in fact true ( I have no reason to doubt you) then this is excellent news. 300 cars a day for 10 days sounds like a pretty incredible task, but who knows. They can pump out 2200 a week out of Oshawa from scratch.

Cautiously Optimistic. VIN 01597

Old 05-27-2009, 08:05 PM   #8
Rodrunner

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
Great news for many here. Thanks for the update guys!!!

And you are so right, CWIweldace, backing out for any of us "serious" buyers has never been an option. Vagueness and general lack of info has simply frustrated many of us....but we're hangin' in there!
Old 05-27-2009, 08:06 PM   #9
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
So I finally won in an Eeny-Meeny-Miny-Moe. Mine did not get held.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:13 PM   #10
FAF

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2008 Tundra
so you got the customer relations speech and you believe it, only you got picked for this important called. Where you just borne? why didn't you get a called from Ed Peper him self. Keep waiting.
FAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 08:15 PM   #11
nards444

Drives: 1SS/RS Black
I feel bad for the guys at GM for all the BS calls they get and stuff. Because I bet they are doing their best to make the most cars as fast as they can and as good as they can. Its not Gm is purposely holding cars and not wanting to give them to people. If it were me I would rather get the car fixed , then have to bring it in next year for work
Old 05-27-2009, 08:15 PM   #12
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by nards444 View Post
ive heard this too that all QC cars will be shipped within a week or so. Which I think is a couple thousand of them
John did say there were still a couple thousand cars there
Quote:
Originally Posted by duffmobile View Post
Hopefully it holds true! What's your VIN? I'm still waiting and I'm 7539.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D View Post
I know waiting is frustrating. John is a great guy and he and GM did alot for Stephanie. I know it was really tough for us once we found out the car was built on second day of production and then got caught in Q/C. We got it 6 weeks after it was built. But she is a great car and worth the wait.

Good luck on your quest for you new baby.
They did you and Steph good
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
If this is in fact true ( I have no reason to doubt you) then this is excellent news. 300 cars a day for 10 days sounds like a pretty incredible task, but who knows. They can pump out 2200 a week out of Oshawa from scratch.

Cautiously Optimistic. VIN 01597

If i'm not mistaken, they are upwards of 400 a day
Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
So I finally won in an Eeny-Meeny-Miny-Moe. Mine did not get held.
Not like Powerball but getting through QC is about like winning a lottery. I hate the wait but will feel better later knowing they took the extra steps to assure my car is perfect.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:17 PM   #13
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWIweldace View Post
I hate the wait but will feel better later knowing they took the extra steps to assure my car is perfect.

Hopefully I will be Ok.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:17 PM   #14
SIK07GTSTANG
Team Fordpower

Drives: 2007 Mustang GT
SIK07GTSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote