Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 11-01-2012, 02:15 PM   #141
Ghost1LE

Drives: 2013 AGM 2SS/RS 1LE
I got my 1LT when I just turned 17, and based on what I hear you're pretty similar to me, I was top of my class and worked hard in school, so I'd say go for it, just be responsible and don't let people change you.

Have fun, but always be safe, I've been careful and enjoyed the car for 2 years, now I'm getting a 1LE in a few weeks, so do the right thing and you'll be good.

Always remember there's tracks for a reason, you can show off all you want, but it only takes a few seconds for things to get really bad.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:16 PM   #142
STuRTzz

Drives: '12 Summit White 2ls W/Black Stripe
I was also considering the camaro vs the cruze. I wanted the cruze because it was cheap and practical. My dad said that he didn't mind paying more for the camaro because it was so nice. My mom said no because of the insurance and I asked her to compared the insurances on both cars. Turns out that the camaro is CHEAPER because of the amazing crash safety rating.
STuRTzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:51 PM   #143
TastyBake

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillz512 View Post
...and don't let people change you.

Always remember there's tracks for a reason, you can show off all you want, but it only takes a few seconds for things to get really bad.

And its not about being a good driver. Its having enough experienced to quickly know what to do when someone else makes a mistake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stack4 View Post
Yeah, I know the gas mileage is horrible.The car is very nice though. I plan on getting a summer job, I don't have to though. My parents don't want me to have a job during the school because then my grades would probably slip.
Not having a job is a BIG help. If they can do it, your parents are doing the right thing. Time to study is no joke! It was very stressful when I had a mid term or a report to do but I had to work for 4-8 hrs per day. Sometimes you can't call off. If I didn't have a job, I would have graduated with honors with ease.

Problem is you may need petty cash. Recommend co-oping and interning to get that.

I like the G8 a lot. The space in the back and trunk is HUGE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by STuRTzz View Post
I was also considering the camaro vs the cruze. I wanted the cruze because it was cheap and practical. My dad said that he didn't mind paying more for the camaro because it was so nice. My mom said no because of the insurance and I asked her to compared the insurances on both cars. Turns out that the camaro is CHEAPER because of the amazing crash safety rating.
Not surprised but I'd thought it would be higher because of HP. But when it comes down to it, insurance companies want to know how much it would cost to fix the car, fix someone else, and (the big one) hospital costs. I figure the G8 GXP will be extremely high but if they want to, go ahead.

Overall, have fun with the G8. Just park the car far, hang out with the right folks, and follow your instincts.
TastyBake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:19 AM   #144
376LS3
Eh, that'll happen

Drives: 2010 2SS
Im surprised you all are actually saying the Cruze would be cheaper to insure. Granted Im 30, but I did a quote just for the hell of it and if I traded my SS in, my insurance would go UP with the Cruze. Not sure how that works, but Id go to a dealer, pull VINs from a Cruze and a Camaro, and give them to your agent for a quote. Thats going to be your best bet. Id say go with the Camaro. I dont know about you, but I hated having people in my backseat. So I always had sports cars and told my friends, Oh sorry, no room for you. But Im 6'2', and need the leg room. Good luck man!