Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2013 Camaro5 Fest (IV)

Old 07-17-2013, 07:18 PM   #1
snymat68

Drives: 2013 Blue Ray 1LS M6
Canopies

Just curious as this will be my first fest. Do people bring/set up canopies in the hotel parking lot? I've seen a video or two on youtube from last years fest and it seems that some do but there isnt much room for such things? I also read on here about someone's canopy blowing into their car and denting it, which raises the question, for those that do bring them, do you weight them down somehow? I'm just wondering if I should bother with mine for rain/sun protection or just leave it at home?
Attached Images

Elite Catch Can | CAI Intake with Scoop & Washer Bottle Relocation | MRT v2 Axle-Back Exhaust | MagnaFlow Resonated X-Pipe | Resonator Delete | Vmax Ported Throttle Body | GM Strut Tower Brace | JDP Tow Hook | Vitesse Throttle Controller
Aesthetic Mods
Chrome Peek-A-Boo Door Handles | Interior Accessories Kit | OEM RS HIDs w/ 6000k Bulbs & 5000k LED Fogs | Tail Light, Marker Light, & Turn Signal Tint | Tru-Sequence Sequential Turn Signals & Brake Lights | Silver Fade Gill Stripes | Carbon Fiber Bowties | Various Chrome/Painted/Carbon Fiber Items
snymat68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 07:12 AM   #2
2camaro 1st/s

Drives: 2010 ibm 2ss/rs///67rsss
we parked our cars back to back---then pulled fwd and put canopy in between---put 5lb weights on each leg---put out chairs and coolers and enjoy--------the show
2camaro 1st/s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 07:25 AM   #3
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
You will want the canopy at the track for sure, if it is as hot as last year, you will melt without the shade. Our club had 3 canopies up and had no trouble until the quick storm blew in and we just had a few people hang on to the edges of the canopy.