Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-28-2009, 10:00 PM   #1
SemperFi
U.S. Marine Corps

Drives: 2009 Ducati Streetfighter
Unhappy Is it just me?

Is it just me or has the aftermarket work on the V6 been a total joke so far? Its been around for months now. Where are the turbo and superchargers? Wheres the headers? And there aren't even many exhaust options available. Its terrible. Any thoughts on why? Anyone share my extreme annoyance?

Texas Residents: Join the Texas social group!

Semper Fi!
SemperFi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:11 PM   #2
pinkcamaro10
2G1FC1EV1A9110079

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS, 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to pinkcamaro10
Old 07-28-2009, 10:15 PM   #3
garagelogic
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
Well, the fact of the matter is, most people buying V6 cars are not doing so for the performance. Vendors recognize this and tailor their offerings more toward the vehicles that are more likely to be modded for increased performance. Like it or not, especially when it comes to pony/musclecars, that means the V8 versions.

No doubt there will be people bringing products to market for the V6 crowd, but it is going to take more time.
garagelogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:15 PM   #4
PolishMike

Drives: 2010 2SS RS
The aftermarket performance vendors/manufactures cater to those who want performance, by buying the SS you indicate that you are interested in performance. The 6 indicates you bought it for looks/cool factor, not necessarily the same people looking to do performance mods Sorry to say this, and I dont mean to offend anyone but the best "mod" you could have done was bought an SS.

EDIT, dammit...beat by seconds with the same exact thing.
IOM w/ White Stripes 2SS RS M6 #17772
Now - Stainless Works 2" Headers, Intake, Cam, tune, ect
And shepherds we shall be, For thee my lord for thee. Power has descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy commands. So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.In nomine Patri, Et Fili, Spiritus Sancti
PolishMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:16 PM   #5
rodimus prime
Account Suspended

Drives: Cargo van.
^^^ what he said.
rodimus prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:31 PM   #6
SicSix6
The Demon Photographer

Drives: 2010 1SS IOM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperFi View Post
Is it just me or has the aftermarket work on the V6 been a total joke so far? Its been around for months now. Where are the turbo and superchargers? Wheres the headers? And there aren't even many exhaust options available. Its terrible. Any thoughts on why? Anyone share my extreme annoyance?
HOw long have you been into Performance sports cars? Even on the 4th gen F-bodies, after 10 years, they finally came out with headers and exhaust. The main reason people buy a V6 isn't to modify them, so the aftermarket makers done focus on it.

It would be like going to vegitarian country or a place where the cow is a sacred animal and building a Mcdonald's. The market doesn't call for it, so it is not a money making venture.

1SS IOM LS3, GM 4-pack guages, SLP SS Front Emblem, Roto-Fab CAI, Solo Performance Mach X Exhaust, Barton Industries Short Throw Shifter
SicSix6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:35 PM   #7
tjbusa
Serious Sleeper

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS M6
Just got to be patient, aftermarket goodies will catch up eventually

Fact of Life:

After Monday and Tuesday
even the calendar reads...
W T F
tjbusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:36 PM   #8
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Drives: An SRT8
I agree, I expected more .... that's reminds me, whats going on with the D3 tuners

Edit- Just checked their site, no sign of the SC for the LLT

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Muscle Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:53 PM   #9
PieNsky

Drives: Victory Red 1LS
Stainless Works has my Camaro.
PieNsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 11:17 PM   #10
trudawg660

Drives: 2006 Dodge Charger / 2SS IOM
stainless said they are doing headers
trudawg660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 11:30 PM   #11
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
I agree with others above. Performance accessories are more profitable for the SS. Therefore to make money....
Old 07-29-2009, 12:08 AM   #12
JohnnyBfromPeoria

Drives: 2012 LS M6, Black
Umm, to make money, the "offerings" that are available need to be purchased by someone. If the items that are available don't sell, it is likely that fewer vendors will recognize an opportunity to make more. Support the aftermarket.

I have been four wheeling the Mitsubishi Montero, both the Gen 1 and Gen 2 for a number of years and this same complaint appears there as well. "There's a lack of aftermarket support." Truth is, there is just about everything you could ask for, but there aren't enough people willing to put up their cash to support the vendor's outlay. It's a never-ending story.

Be patient, as this car is very new. And when a vendor makes something you have expressed an interest for, you might actually have to spend the money to get it. And you mght also need to talk it up as well...generate some more interest, as it were.

Just my thoughts.

John B.
1986 Mitsubishi Montero 2.4l FI Transplant
JohnnyBfromPeoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 12:22 AM   #13
acehole

Drives: mits lancer oz
well its 2009 ...Wake up all you v8 hungry monkeys...its a new age the v6ers want their mods and we want them now...we want more top speed more hp and we want better gas milage than you guys...its time for a new age where the v6 gets more respect...We demand our respect and we want it now...Viva le v6 !!! wow that felt good to get that out of my sytem..Gonna go kick the dog and see how that makes me feel next.
acehole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 04:18 AM   #14
camaro guy

Drives: 2010 camaro LS
nothing is different here. every new car ever to come out took awhile for aftermarket parts to show up. have to be patient. hurry up and wait.
camaro guy is offline   Reply With Quote