Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion

Old 06-25-2014, 07:57 PM   #57
Irishmic

Drives: 2014
For 112 mph with good hook up...should be 12.2 or so...if your not sand bagging at the speed traps.
Irishmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 08:25 PM   #58
lincoln361

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nasty View Post
Are you still on the street tires? Did you have your checked out?

Im still on the nitto nt05 275/40/20 since those are the only tires I have other than the 22s. Were you asking if I had my car checked out? If that Is what you asked, than no. Honestly I wouldn't know what to tell my tuner pat g without knowing exactly what to tell him, without also sounding like a dummy complaining and crying because he cant go fast down the track ha ha. . the car drives fine when I am on the street, never really had a problem with the car, launches hard from a roll. I keep hearing that my trap speed is slow. I don't know what can be the cause of that or because Im spinning a lot and running out of track. if you know some questions that I need to ask him than that would be great. here is my dyno video as well. maybe that can help.

SLP TVS 2300- 1 7/8 LG Headers- RDS NX Plate- 75 Shot- No Cats- SLP Loudmouth 2- NW102- 3.8 Pulley- OD Cog drive-12lbs boost-FIC 80# injectors-ZL1 Fuel Pump- RotoFab CAI- Apex CAI Scoop- Pat G Tune- Weld RTS drag pack- BMR Trailing Arms- BMR 1'' Drop Springs-BMR Lower Control Arms- BMR Toe Rods- BMR Rear Cradle Bushings- BMR Upper Control Arm Bushings- BMR Extreme Anti- Rollbar- Hotchkis Subframe Brace- Prosport Evo Boost & F/A Ratio
lincoln361 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 08:28 PM   #59
lincoln361

Quote:
Originally Posted by Featherburner View Post
First thing, on a street tire you don't need them to smoke. Just a quick dry spin to clean them off. Long burnouts on street tires make traction worse. It seems from your videos that you are starting to spin in first and not pedaling the throttle and it's spinning into second and bogging down. You really need to work on throttle control and getting a feel for what the car is doing. I'd also be concerned with your mph. My car turns the same mph as yours and I make less than 400rwhp, have a heavier car, smaller ci, and less gear.
See I was told that I needed to do a long burnout to get the nitto nt05 really hot since those type stick better when they are really hot. Pretty much what Im doing is engaging the line lock, stomping the gas pedal until I see smoke and rolling out the burnout. Yes, im getting that a lot as far as the 1/4 mph. I don't know what can be the problem. if you know what can cause that or what questions to ask my tuner than that would be great.
SLP TVS 2300- 1 7/8 LG Headers- RDS NX Plate- 75 Shot- No Cats- SLP Loudmouth 2- NW102- 3.8 Pulley- OD Cog drive-12lbs boost-FIC 80# injectors-ZL1 Fuel Pump- RotoFab CAI- Apex CAI Scoop- Pat G Tune- Weld RTS drag pack- BMR Trailing Arms- BMR 1'' Drop Springs-BMR Lower Control Arms- BMR Toe Rods- BMR Rear Cradle Bushings- BMR Upper Control Arm Bushings- BMR Extreme Anti- Rollbar- Hotchkis Subframe Brace- Prosport Evo Boost & F/A Ratio
Old 06-25-2014, 08:30 PM   #60
lincoln361

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishmic View Post
For 112 mph with good hook up...should be 12.2 or so...if your not sand bagging at the speed traps.

Kinda confused on what you are trying to say here. what is sand bagging? so what is 112 with a bad hook up and with a 12.7. what could be the problem. other than not being able to get traction on my 60ft. tune? reaction?
Old 06-25-2014, 08:34 PM   #61
Mikes fast ss
Slowhawk Built

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by lincoln361 View Post
Kinda confused on what you are trying to say here. what is sand bagging? so what is 112 with a bad hook up and with a 12.7. what could be the problem. other than not being able to get traction on my 60ft. tune? reaction?
Sandbagging is holding back....
Mikes fast ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 08:36 PM   #62
Mikes fast ss
Slowhawk Built

Quote:
Went to the track yesterday after I installed my BMR rear cradle bushings and BMR extreme anti-roll bar. Mind you I have already the BMR toe rods and BMR trailing arms with the bushing as well and the 1 inch drop springs and Nitto NT05r on the stock ss rims. I have a tvs 2300 with the works, pushing about 500rwhp, I thought I could easily finally break 12s since before I had this setup I ran a 12.5 with 22s and without the supercharger. I think my fast time yesterday was a 12.6. All of my times are left of the time slip, maybe some of yall experienced track guys can give me pointers to what I am doing wrong here. Maybe I am spinning out of the whole too much or maybe these tires are not right for me and need a fatter tire. Thinking maybe the mickey Thompson 305/35/20 will help me out some. I know guys on here that have my exact setup running mid 11s. Any advice or technique advice or recommendations will be great. Thanks guys.

Also, some members are saying that the mickey Thompson ET II 305/35/20 don't fit the stock ss rim and others are saying that they do fit. Iv seen pics with members on here with the 305/35/20 on the stock ss rim, Maybe somebody can clarify this for me...

You have a pd blower... You need at least an 18" drag radial. End of story.
Old 06-25-2014, 08:41 PM   #63
lincoln361

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikes fast ss View Post
Sandbagging is holding back....

Got the gas pedal all the way down and trying my best to get good times. Im not holding nothing back, look at my sig ha ha lol. Thanks for the info. ha ha Still learning
Old 06-25-2014, 08:42 PM   #64
lincoln361

Quote:
You have a pd blower... You need at least an 18" drag radial. End of story.
That's the plan. selling my 20'' rims and tires and going with some forgestar 18s
Old 06-25-2014, 08:42 PM   #65
Mikes fast ss
Slowhawk Built

Quote:
Got the gas pedal all the way down and trying my best to get good times. Im not holding nothing back, look at my sig ha ha lol. Thanks for the info. ha ha Still learning
I didn't say you were sandbagging just giving you the def. I went 10.9 with less than what you have.... Get tires!
Old 06-25-2014, 08:51 PM   #66
lincoln361

Quote:
I didn't say you were sandbagging just giving you the def. I went 10.9 with less than what you have.... Get tires!
I know you were. I wish I would have gotten some tires and smaller rims sooner.
Old 06-25-2014, 08:53 PM   #67
Mikes fast ss
Slowhawk Built

Quote:
I know you were. I wish I would have gotten some tires and smaller rims sooner.
18" z06 replicas with a 275 m and h. Cut 10 1.60 60' (stock converter)in a row the only time I used them. Plus they were cheap. Get them. You'll be a happy camper.
Old 06-25-2014, 09:04 PM   #68
lincoln361

Quote:
18" z06 replicas with a 275 m and h. Cut 10 1.60 60' (stock converter)in a row the only time I used them. Plus they were cheap. Get them. You'll be a happy camper.
Old 06-25-2014, 09:30 PM   #69
Featherburner
11 Sec. Bolton car.

Drives: 09 G8 GT
Quote:
See I was told that I needed to do a long burnout to get the nitto nt05 really hot since those type stick better when they are really hot. Pretty much what Im doing is engaging the line lock, stomping the gas pedal until I see smoke and rolling out the burnout. Yes, im getting that a lot as far as the 1/4 mph. I don't know what can be the problem. if you know what can cause that or what questions to ask my tuner than that would be great.
Long burn out with NT05R, you have NT05. Different tire. Your tire is a street tire.
Old 06-25-2014, 09:31 PM   #70
Irishmic

Drives: 2014
If your running hard throught the speed traps ..and got 112 mph...your wasting time spinning your tires...I think we all agree on that .I ran 12.60 @ 108.88 back in 1979 , so your 112 is good top end speed..just have to get there quicker.The elapsed time starts as soon as you trip those staging lights. I have seen nitro cars run a 9.90 @ 72 mph...that's right ,just 72 mph...that means a wicked hole shot and hook up..then blew up the motor and coasted through the finish line...but you need 2,000 hp to do those ET's ..LOL
Irishmic is offline   Reply With Quote