Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-16-2009, 12:50 PM   #1
Hitter11

Drives: 2010 Black Chevrolet 2SS/RS Camaro
Closed for the holidays?

So, I ordered my car about 2 weeks ago and was thinking... I did a search and learned the factory was closed over Thanksgiving (Canadian) for a period of 4 or so days, basically meaning no production.

I'm guessing the factory closes for Christmas and New Year's as well then. But how long do they close for? The reason I ask is because my dealer has been insisting the car will be delivered in 6 weeks and I basically don't want to get my hopes up if that's not the case (plus I can later give him a piece of my mind )
Hitter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 01:04 PM   #2
ilon3vvolfi

Drives: 2010 Camaro ss1 transformers
Don't get your hope up man. I had to wait over a month and a half from when the dealer said it would be delivered. Better to wait not expecting it than WAIT and expect it.
ilon3vvolfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 01:23 PM   #3
Hitter11

Drives: 2010 Black Chevrolet 2SS/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilon3vvolfi View Post
Don't get your hope up man. I had to wait over a month and a half from when the dealer said it would be delivered. Better to wait not expecting it than WAIT and expect it.
That sucks...The manager at the dealership was saying the extended waits were now over since all the "initial" orders had been filled. He also told me the allocations that we are all used to do not apply anymore for the same reason.

I wonder if this is all , I tend to think it is. I'm going to be really p***ed if I have to wait an extra month and a half over the six weeks they "promised." What can you do I guess...
Hitter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 01:33 PM   #4
chmccarty
Cars pick their drivers

Drives: Transformers Edition 2LT RS Package
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitter11 View Post
That sucks...The manager at the dealership was saying the extended waits were now over since all the "initial" orders had been filled. He also told me the allocations that we are all used to do not apply anymore for the same reason.

I wonder if this is all , I tend to think it is. I'm going to be really p***ed if I have to wait an extra month and a half over the six weeks they "promised." What can you do I guess...

Talk to BeckyD at Rodgers Chevrolet. You can find her on this forum and send her a message. I ordered my camaro from a local dealer in Florida and felt I wasn't given accurate info and ended up talking to Becky and she was able to help me and was great. To Answer your initial question, I believe the factory is closed for 2 weeks and re-opens for production after the first week in January.
Old 12-16-2009, 06:09 PM   #5
super60
Built with Pride "Oshawa"

Drives: 2011 Chev Silverado Z71 Crew
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitter11 View Post
So, I ordered my car about 2 weeks ago and was thinking... I did a search and learned the factory was closed over Thanksgiving (Canadian) for a period of 4 or so days, basically meaning no production.

I'm guessing the factory closes for Christmas and New Year's as well then. But how long do they close for? The reason I ask is because my dealer has been insisting the car will be delivered in 6 weeks and I basically don't want to get my hopes up if that's not the case (plus I can later give him a piece of my mind )
The plant shuts down at 2:30pm Wednesday December 23 and starts up again 6:30am Monday January 11th. Hope this helps.

Super60
super60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 06:24 PM   #6
R6P

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by super60 View Post
The plant shuts down at 2:30pm Wednesday December 23 and starts up again 6:30am Monday January 11th. Hope this helps.

Super60
Enjoy the time off, you guys earned it
R6P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 06:51 PM   #7
molsonbrador

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2018 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyTech View Post
Enjoy the time off, you guys earned it
Yes, enjoy the time off. We all deserve it, you guys even more. I don't mind waiting a bit longer for my CGM-SS, just makes the heart grow fonder.
molsonbrador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 08:24 PM   #8
bigg_dawg69

Drives: 2SS/RS Sumit White
I was also told 6 to 8 weeks here in Cali ordered Friday the 4th of December a day that will live in my heart
bigg_dawg69 is offline   Reply With Quote