Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
SDTW Custom Wheels & Tires
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2013, 07:45 PM   #1
ABMLS3
 
ABMLS3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Long Island NY
Posts: 657
best suspension upgrades to put ~620rwhp to the ground

Like the title says what would you recommend to prevent traction loss at around 620rwhp. I dont know alot about suspension stuff but i was thinking trailing arms and bushings? also i just got Goodyear Eagle GT tires like a month or 2 ago so i dont really want to buy new tires again although i know this would really help
__________________

Formerly IPS Twin Turbo'd

Now ECS Supercharged
672RWHP & 554RWTQ
Instagram: TomTraube
COTW ABMLS3 Build Thread
ABMLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 07:49 PM   #2
ssmike
BliSSard has come!
 
ssmike's Avatar
 
Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '13 Equinox CRT
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 7,001
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABMLS3 View Post
Like the title says what would you recommend to prevent traction loss at around 620rwhp. I dont know alot about suspension stuff but i was thinking trailing arms and bushings? also i just got Goodyear Eagle GT tires like a month or 2 ago so i dont really want to buy new tires again although i know this would really help
1) Full Cradle (subframe) bushings
2) Trailing arms and outer bushings
3) Spherical toe links
4) Upper control arm bushings
5) Adjustable Coilovers
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 06:24 AM   #3
Apex Motorsports
 
Apex Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 25,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
1) Full SOLID Cradle (subframe) bushings
2) Trailing arms and outer bushings
3) Spherical toe links
4) Upper control arm bushings
5) Adjustable Coilovers
That pretty well covers it, I made the one note in red. The only other thing you might consider is differential bushings while you have the rear end ripped out. That set up should eliminate deflection and movement in the rear improving traction and stability.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 02:06 PM   #4
Bo White


 
Bo White's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Summit White 1SS
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Vance Alabama
Posts: 6,903
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
1) Full Cradle (subframe) bushings
2) Trailing arms and outer bushings
3) Spherical toe links
4) Upper control arm bushings
5) Adjustable Coilovers
I have all of this and I'm hop free.
Bo White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 03:23 PM   #5
dekan513
chevy pride
 
dekan513's Avatar
 
Drives: 2ss/rs
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: pikeville ky
Posts: 2,140
i done pfadt trailing arms and helped me alot. i was at 62x/67x. . got them for sale if ur intersted in use parts
__________________

check out ky speeds fb page https://www.facebook.com/kyspeed
dekan513 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.