Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-08-2010, 12:24 PM   #85
xLoGiK1

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by v6sonoma View Post
It falls under warranty work. A few others have had the same issue replaced for free. Of course their cars didn't come out looking like they were trying to sing an Elvis Presley song!
alright gotcha, is that a standard type of warranty?

because i never bought any of the warranties at the dealer when i got the car.
xLoGiK1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 12:53 PM   #86
Swytch

Drives: 10 2SS/RS Black, 99 Daktota

Disgusting. Simply not acceptable. I am with the others in this thread that would have started a riot at the dealership if I had been you. When you go back to see it, take a good digital camera with you and get all the photos you can, zoom in on the paint in that area, etc. Like others have mentioned make sure to pop the hood look for damage. You might also try and get your camera at least under the front bumper to take some "from behind" shots of the damaged area. I would also be on the lookout for broken/bent mounting hardware on the rest of the bumper, if they did just pop one side and try to flex it to get the new light in they might have broken and/or bent some of the mounts that the front bumper clips onto. I would also make sure that they did not take the same shortcuts on the replaced light, make sure the light is properly aligned and such. I personally would even go so far as to take photos of the whole car, you can never tell what a place like this might have done to the rest, i am constantly afraid to take mine to the dealership after a friend of mine took his car in and ended up with bearing grease all over the leather seats. He dident notice (black leather) until he got home and started to detail the car, dealership told him he must have done it, it couldn't have been their mechanic...

So sorry to see that man, make sure you document all this and get the info into the hands of GM. I would hope they would bring the hammer down on these kinds of shady dealings at dealerships flying their flag...

Keep us posted...
Kooks Signature Series Headers 1-3/4 stepped to 1 7/8, Kooks 3" High Flow Cats, Vararam OTR Cold Air Intake, JRE Performance Tune, RX Catch Can, RX Oil Breather, LSR Tri-Ax short throw shifter, AAC Red/White Halos and Fog Rings, AAC Knight Rider Scanner Bar

Swytch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 12:54 PM   #87
Swytch

Drives: 10 2SS/RS Black, 99 Daktota
Quote:
Originally Posted by xLoGiK1 View Post
alright gotcha, is that a standard type of warranty?

because i never bought any of the warranties at the dealer when i got the car.
I believe the bumper to bumper 3yr 36k warranty would cover this (which is standard, not a dealer addon)
Kooks Signature Series Headers 1-3/4 stepped to 1 7/8, Kooks 3" High Flow Cats, Vararam OTR Cold Air Intake, JRE Performance Tune, RX Catch Can, RX Oil Breather, LSR Tri-Ax short throw shifter, AAC Red/White Halos and Fog Rings, AAC Knight Rider Scanner Bar

Swytch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 02:49 PM   #88
2SSmeCamaro
Delete this account

Drives: Delete this account
I got updates! I'll set up the pics when I get off work.
2SSmeCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 02:52 PM   #89
guiLT
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 2001 Maxima
Is the result better this time?
Old 06-08-2010, 04:37 PM   #90
Switchin2Chevy

Drives: Currently 2015 Mustang GT manual.
Thats is a shame. How dumb can you be to think that would pass muster...
There'd be hell to pay...
Switchin2Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 04:44 PM   #91
~Stacy~
Banned

Drives: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by stingrayj View Post
This is part of the reason why I now drive a Dodge. There isn't a GM dealership anywhere near me that I would trust to work on my car. We did have one good Pontiac/Cadillac/GMC dealership in town that was pretty good, but they closed up when they killed Pontiac.

Pride in workmanship is a rare thing these days. Hopefully, there won't be any permanent scars from the botched repair.
My favorite Pontiac dealer closed up in town also. They installed aftermarket stuff for me and helped me out with bodykits. I then started venturing to other dealers. One dealership dropped a tool on my front bumper scratched it and never fixed it for me. Another dealer does sloppy work and doesn't give a rip about the customer they just want money first I then settled down with a new dealership! They have been super awesome to me and have been treating me really nice since I purchased the Camaro through them. It took awhile but I guess the third time was the charm for me
~Stacy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 05:07 PM   #92
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
that pic is photoshopped!
Old 06-08-2010, 08:13 PM   #93
2SSmeCamaro
Delete this account

Drives: Delete this account
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
that pic is photoshopped!
riiiiiiiight, and they also offered a zr1 and called it even!
2SSmeCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 08:18 PM   #94
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
I don't know why the op is so upset. He got his light fixed ,and the car doesn't look that bad. I think he's just being picky.

Just kidding, I would have to knock someone out if they did that butcher job on my car.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 09:26 PM   #95
3BVert

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Heritage grille but no... no gap between the grille and turn signal. Good luck getting it fixed right.

Edit: I found a picture from before the Heritage grille. It's not so much different than yours. The car was 5 days old at this point. I'm interested to see what others say.
Attached Images

Last edited by 3BVert; 06-08-2010 at 09:43 PM.
3BVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 09:35 PM   #96
egad09

Drives: 2010 CGM 1SS Camaro
definately no gaps between anything on mine. Think dealer needs to buy you a new front fascia ...
Old 06-08-2010, 09:56 PM   #97
3BVert

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSmeCamaro View Post
You're right, they look similar. the passenger side definitely has a bigger gap.

I will be calling the bodyshop tomorrow to see what can be done. Maybe just a removal and PROPER installation is all thats required.

I know I must sound picky, but after that screw up I want to hit these guys hard.
My passenger side fit better than the drivers side (or its the angle). If you want it done right... Do it yourself. The removal of the front fascia is really easy. With that said, there's not really any "play" in it either. If it's not fitting properly it's because of damage that they did the first time. IMO.

If you get tired of jacking with the dealer, this thread has the instructions on removal of the fascia for the Heritage grille install: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64375
Attached Images

Old 06-08-2010, 10:03 PM   #98
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
Wow just wow. This is why i dont let dealerships touch my cars ever. There so hit and miss you feel like your gambling every time you drop off your car.