Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Rockies / Midwest

Old 09-16-2013, 03:49 PM   #6315
L99spec

Drives: 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by OVERPAR73 View Post
Got the Pfadt Y-Series headers installed by Karl's Performance along with a new GT-9 cam and new pulleys. Sounds and runs amazing!! Here is a video of the before and after of the exhaust.

http://youtu.be/hNd6y2O_520
Nice video. Who makes that cam?
L99spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 07:46 PM   #6316
OVERPAR73
2018 Garnet Red ZL1 conve

Drives: 2013 & 2018 ZL1 vert
Cam

Sounds better in person. The video doesn't do it justice!

LINGENFELTER GT9 HYD ROLLER LS9 ZR1 SUPERCHARGER CAMSHAFT
Old 09-17-2013, 06:23 AM   #6317
OVERPAR73

Do you guys know if there is a place that does powder coating in the DM area? Is there also a place that does the hydro dipping? I'm looking to get some parts done, just not sure where to go, anybody have any suggestions?

Going to try and go to the Bob Brown show on Saturday late after work, around lunch time I hope.
Old 09-17-2013, 06:52 AM   #6318
Obsessive Camaro Disorder

Drives: 69 Camaro and 92 RS
Quote:
Sounds better in person. The video doesn't do it justice
Ill vouch for that! It sounds EVIL! Thanks for visiting with me in Newton, it was a pleasure meeting you.
If it's done cheap and fast, it isn't going to be good.
Obsessive Camaro Disorder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 10:37 PM   #6319
white1LE

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRD_WRK View Post
Muscle Car Cruise invite sign up/interested.

Yes weather permitting. I do not intend to drive the Camaro if its raining or if the roads been salted. Will still go somewhere though with the truck.

Not limited to 5th Gens.

When: Saturday October 26
Time: early morning till late afternoon

1-Tim
2-Jason B
3-Velvet
4-Tim S
5-Troy B
6-Dennis H
7-Scotts family (sorry no Scott-boo)
8-Chris P
9-Todd B (pending work)
Count us in Tim. Maybe we will meet you all down that a way and cruise back this way to get a little longer ride.
white1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 01:26 PM   #6320
4th Gen Camaro Addict

Drives: '02 Phase II ZL1/'97 30th Annv. SS
owa Members Get In Here!

Remember everyone...................Cruise to the Woods is coming up October 4th, 5th and 6th. If you've never participated in "the Cruise"....................you should give it a try. It's a large rolling car show that makes several stops and then gathers in Stratford for the final cruise to Ft. Dodge.

For information................go to: http://www.wccruisers.com/cruise-map-and-info.html

Here is this year's cruise map.

Old 09-18-2013, 09:38 PM   #6321
JJKJ

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
Hey guys, thought this would be a good place to post a couple parts for sale because I'm looking for a local buyer. I'm not real interested in shipping either of these parts.

I sold my '13 1LE; traded it actually on a new 2500HD Duramax. I know--kind of a weird jump. The 1LE was awesome and kind of the reason I ended up trading. After a few track events in the 1LE realized how much I missed tracking a car regularly. I felt the right course was to buy a dedicated track car so I went on a search and found a very nice '01 Z28. It will be built to compete in NASA's Camaro/Mustang Challenge series. I needed a tow vehicle and not 2 track cars so I made the trade. I'll miss the 1LE, but I look forward to the track days.

Anyway, I had added ZL1 side skirts to my 1LE. I bought them from forum sponsor Rodger's Chevrolet who also painted them. They are finished in Victory Red. I also added a Victory Red heritage grille.

I'm asking $325 for the side skirts and $250 for the grille. I have several pics; pm for more pics.

Thanks!

John

JJKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:01 AM   #6322
Jim Kirk

Drives: 1977 Type LT Rally Sport
Quote:
Do you guys know if there is a place that does powder coating in the DM area? Is there also a place that does the hydro dipping? I'm looking to get some parts done, just not sure where to go, anybody have any suggestions?

Going to try and go to the Bob Brown show on Saturday late after work, around lunch time I hope.
There is Performance Powder Coating up on Broadway and another place up in Boone. Performance Powder Coating is good but expensive. The place in Boone is cheaper. Don't know it's name or quality.
Jim Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:59 AM   #6323
JJKJ

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRD_WRK View Post
John

Sorry to hear the 5th Gen departure, but happy for you for joining the racing world again.
You'll love your 2500- they tow great.
Still in the 'family' no worries- great to hear your gonna still run a Camaro too.
Keep us (or PM me) appraised of your adventures.

Tim
Thanks Tim. I've had several 4th gens in the past and competed in a Camaro at a regional level at road course events. Getting back in a 4th gen is like reuniting with an old friend. I will miss the 1LE, 5th gens are definitely more refined but on the track that won't matter.

I'll post some pics of the 4th gen when I get some time. It was one of those things that the stars lined up perfectly. When I decided I wanted to find a 4th gen, I felt my chances were going to be minimal that I'd find one locally that hadn't been trashed or rusted. On top of that, because most later 4th gens were autos with t-tops, finding a 6spd without t-tops was going to be almost impossible. However, after some searching I found a 1-owner (!) 6spd hardtop Z28 with only 78k miles in Davenport. He recently moved to IA so the car was from VA an TN so no rust! Even better, it is one of the very rare cars to have almost zero options, so it even has manual windows and locks. If that doesn't scream race car, I don't know what does. The car is almost bone stock though with nothing but a Flowmaster muffler and K&N filter. Never wrecked and almost spotless underneath. I couldn't believe my luck. I almost feel guilty about taking such a nice car to the track, but that is what this car is made for.

I'll get some pics soon. Already got my 17" track wheels/tires mounted, Wilwood front brake system on the way as well as springs and Koni's. I just need to find someone locally that knows what they're doing to build me nice cage.
JJKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 05:49 PM   #6324
Redmaro
Redmaro

Drives: 2017 2LT/RS 2.0 Turbo
Camaro parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJKJ View Post
Hey guys, thought this would be a good place to post a couple parts for sale because I'm looking for a local buyer. I'm not real interested in shipping either of these parts.

I sold my '13 1LE; traded it actually on a new 2500HD Duramax. I know--kind of a weird jump. The 1LE was awesome and kind of the reason I ended up trading. After a few track events in the 1LE realized how much I missed tracking a car regularly. I felt the right course was to buy a dedicated track car so I went on a search and found a very nice '01 Z28. It will be built to compete in NASA's Camaro/Mustang Challenge series. I needed a tow vehicle and not 2 track cars so I made the trade. I'll miss the 1LE, but I look forward to the track days.

Anyway, I had added ZL1 side skirts to my 1LE. I bought them from forum sponsor Rodger's Chevrolet who also painted them. They are finished in Victory Red. I also added a Victory Red heritage grille.

I'm asking $325 for the side skirts and $250 for the grille. I have several pics; pm for more pics.

Thanks!

John

John,
Just sent you a pm about the parts.
Bob
Redmaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:26 PM   #6325
BenningJ

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/RS LS3
I hope you get them Bob, they would look great on your car.
| LS3 | CAI Inductions, Inc Intake | Vmax Ported Throttle Body | Dynatech 1.875" Long Tube Headers | Apex Scoop & Washer Bottle Relocation | Lethal Racing Night Fury Cam | BTR 7.400" Push Rods |LS2 Dampener | Melling 10296 Oil Pump | IWIS Chain | BTR .660" Dual Valve Springs | BTR Trunion Upgrade Kit | Lethal Racing Tuned | Anvil Notch Spoiler | BMR Split Drop Springs | Eaton TrueTrac | GM 3.91 Gears | LPW Diff Cover | Rohana RF2 275/40 20x10F 315/35 20x11R | BMR Polyurethane Motor Mounts
BenningJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 07:46 AM   #6326
its a syn
B.O.D. 02/16/10

Drives: 2010 SGM Sp. Edition 2017 RS Conver
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Gen Camaro Addict View Post
Remember everyone...................Cruise to the Woods is coming up October 4th, 5th and 6th. If you've never participated in "the Cruise"....................you should give it a try. It's a large rolling car show that makes several stops and then gathers in Stratford for the final cruise to Ft. Dodge.

For information................go to: http://www.wccruisers.com/cruise-map-and-info.html

Here is this year's cruise map.

I'll be coming in with the Osky group.
Old 09-22-2013, 12:36 PM   #6327
4th Gen Camaro Addict

Drives: '02 Phase II ZL1/'97 30th Annv. SS
Iowa Members Get In Here!

Congratulations to Tim (xtreme2s) on his TOP 20 win yesterday at the Bob Brown ALL CHEVY show in Des Moines.

Old 09-22-2013, 06:17 PM   #6328
OVERPAR73

Congrats Tim! I missed all of the awards, I had to leave early as I wasn't feeling very good at all.