Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 08-27-2014, 02:58 PM   #15
jon6.0
Going for Plaid

Drives: 2011 C6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post
Accessing it and knowing how to read it are two different things. lol

Serviced and modded by Cordes Performance.

2011 C6, 750rwhp, forged LS3, ported LSA heads, Vortech Ti-trim, 227/243 115+4 Lunati cam, ported LS3 intake, Alky Control methanol, Pfadt sways/shocks/trans mounts, Pfadt tri-y headers(Sold 6/28/14)
jon6.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 10:03 PM   #16
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocco74 View Post
2012 car went into power reduced and than stalled and will not start. it has been at the dealer for 2 weeks. They told me that it is in the wiring for the clutch and they do not have the diagram for that car and it is not in anything from gm. they called tech support and they could not help them it has gone to the engineers at gm. anyone ever have this issue. The car only has 875 miles on it and this was the first time i took it out this year
rocco74,

Sorry to read about this situation, but it's great that the dealer is currently investigating. Keep us posted on the results of your dealer visit. If necessary, I can contact their designated Customer Experience Manager if you have any additional questions. We'll look forward to your updates .

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 06:38 AM   #17
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatrockguy View Post
I just looked at the wiring diagram for the manual transmission and the the only wiring from the tranny to the engine control module is the clutch pedal position sensor, fluid temp sensor, vehicle speed sensor, skip shift sol. actuator and the reverse inhibit sol. actuator. I have a PDF of the schematic but can't figure out how to add it as an attachment.
Save it to your computer, then click on manage attachments and attach it to your post as you would a picture. The name of the file will show up as a link in your post that anyone can open.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 01:37 PM   #18
bobby35ny

Drives: 18 ZL1 A10
I had to go thru the GM engineering route.....sad part it takes time....they are not fast at all
Old 09-02-2014, 01:20 PM   #19
rocco74

Drives: 2012 zl1.71 monte 4 gear,62 vettes
just got up date gm eng. is coming in on friday
rocco74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 01:27 PM   #20
Richmaro_13

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro V6
Hey I am a Camaro owner and I am new to this website and I do not know how to create a post/discussion and I have a problem that does not relate to this post. About 3 months ago I installed two LED strips, one on driver foot well and second on passenger foot well I hooked them both up to a wire under the steering column for power( the wire I hooked them up to also was the power supply for the dome light). The installation was a success then about two or three months past by no problem at all everything was working perfectly then all of a sudden the strips stopped working and also my dome light stopped working. What do any of you all think it was a fuse? maybe the wire went bad? any suggestions please reply I need to get the dome light working again its really annoying not to have it working. Thank you
Richmaro_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 03:04 PM   #21
I call it Vera

Drives: ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon6.0 View Post
The other option is to have it lemon lawed out. Check you state regulations for that. Some states if they can't fix the problem in 30 days they have to lemon it out.
on a 2012?
I call it Vera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 03:17 PM   #22
2014CamaroZL1

Drives: 2014 CRT ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richmaro_13 View Post
Hey I am a Camaro owner and I am new to this website and I do not know how to create a post/discussion and I have a problem that does not relate to this post. About 3 months ago I installed two LED strips, one on driver foot well and second on passenger foot well I hooked them both up to a wire under the steering column for power( the wire I hooked them up to also was the power supply for the dome light). The installation was a success then about two or three months past by no problem at all everything was working perfectly then all of a sudden the strips stopped working and also my dome light stopped working. What do any of you all think it was a fuse? maybe the wire went bad? any suggestions please reply I need to get the dome light working again its really annoying not to have it working. Thank you
You should move this to the general Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum.
You will get more play there.
This area is for ZL1 specific items.
2014CamaroZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 10:48 PM   #23
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocco74 View Post
just got up date gm eng. is coming in on friday
rocco74,

Thanks for your update! Keep us posted on the results of the engineer's visit. We'll look forward further information .

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 07:57 PM   #24
rocco74

Drives: 2012 zl1.71 monte 4 gear,62 vettes
UPDATE

The field engineer came in and had them reroute some wires and replace the computers. Then he told them it make sure they drove for at least 50 miles GUESS WHAT IT STILL DOES NOT RUN CORRECTLY AND THEY INFORMED ME TODAY THAT THEY HAVE WRECKED IT SOME HOW. I DID NOT GO LOOK AT IT YET HAS I HAVE LEARNED OVER THE YEARS IT IS BETTER FOR ME TO GO IN WITH A LITTLE TIME BEHIND ME. I WILL BE GOING IN TOMORROW. Also told that the field engineer is on vacation until the 22nd. so there is nothing they can do until he comes back. This is not going to end well
rocco74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 08:13 PM   #25
Tyler360

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
2012 ZL1 with less than 1000 miles? Kinda sounds like the kind of car you wouldnt be willing to give up to the lemon law. I feel your pain! Hope everything turns out!
Old 09-12-2014, 08:15 PM   #26
DrkPhx

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 / 2006 TB SS
Wow that sucks. There is no reason you should have to wait that long. Sounds like they're stalling for more to time to cover their butts. Did you go to the dealer to see the car?
DrkPhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 09:07 PM   #27
Skylane765

Drives: ZL1-1LE, Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatrockguy View Post
I just looked at the wiring diagram for the manual transmission and the the only wiring from the tranny to the engine control module is the clutch pedal position sensor, fluid temp sensor, vehicle speed sensor, skip shift sol. actuator and the reverse inhibit sol. actuator. I have a PDF of the schematic but can't figure out how to add it as an attachment.
I looked it up also, just a clutch sensor wiring is all to clutch.
Attached Images

Skylane765 is offline   Reply With Quote