Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 04-19-2015, 10:28 AM   #15
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
Quote:
Originally Posted by trm2 View Post
I think it looks like a longer process to use the CarPro stuff. You apply it, rinse well, then dry. With the Adams, you apply and dry, skipping the rinse step.

I don't have either of these products, but the similar one I do have doesn't impress me much. Then again, I find it relaxing to wax the car.
I find the rinsing step to actually save time. Because once you've applied it, you can do the sheet rinse and remove 90% of the water on the surface. Drying 10% of the water takes no time at all vs drying each panel after wetting it with the Adam's.

That's just my guess, but I'll have both products relatively soon and will be experimenting, either way.

Please check out my youtube detailing channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 11:31 AM   #16
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
I find the rinsing step to actually save time. Because once you've applied it, you can do the sheet rinse and remove 90% of the water on the surface. Drying 10% of the water takes no time at all vs drying each panel after wetting it with the Adam's.

That's just my guess, but I'll have both products relatively soon and will be experimenting, either way.
The HGG actually removes a good portion of water when applied, on vertical surfaces especially.

I applied it from the top down and drying was about 15 minutes more time consuming then my standard pooling rinse, detail spray, towel dry routine.
For comparison sake, can't really include the pooling rinse time with the HGG, so let's say 12 minutes more. This was at 70* temp.

After a standard 2 bucket wash. the damp towel will absorb most of the water when spread after applying HGG to the panel.

I used a fresh side of the damp towel on each panel, to avoid getting too much product on 1 part of the towel.

I haven't done the Carpro Hydro2 process, but from watching the video, I would tend to think spraying it on the whole car might take 2 minutes? Additional rinse time 5 minutes? 3 minutes to dry?

So might be a couple minutes quicker?

Still to me, the amount of pressure he is getting from that fireman's nozzle on his hose, my garden hose and sprayer might produce 1/2 of that.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 04:37 PM   #17
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
Can H2O GG be applied on vinyl stripes?

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 04:56 PM   #18
SSICKO

Drives: SSICKO
I applied it over my vinyl wrap with no issues
Old 04-19-2015, 07:21 PM   #19
Joe M 2012 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jus1dab View Post
Dylan said the gloss stripes were fine, the matte one's can cause streaks but can be chased down with a wet towel.

Here's the full thread on the Adams forum.

http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/281...mp%3B+%2Bgloss

We got a total of 2.07 inches of rain today, got a better pic of beading during the lull before it starts again tonight.
Attached Images

Old 04-20-2015, 04:18 PM   #20
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
it just seems like it is a similar product that takes more time to use than the HydrO2.
This comparison keeps popping up but its really apples and oranges - our product is a acrylic resin polymer, the other is silica or SiO2.

HGG can be applied wet OR dry

When applied wet HGG takes care of the drying too... with an SiO2 product there is still some drying to do after the fact.

HGG doesn't require a pressure washer or high pressure spray, making it approachable by more people.

Thats not to say SiO2 products aren't cool, they are very cool... but you're really not even comparing products in the same category so its not a 1 to 1 comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jus1dab View Post
Yes... as mentioned you just have to be aware of streaks more on the vinyl. Its not a big deal - follow up with the wet towel again and dry towel and they're gone.
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 07:57 PM   #21
Joe M 2012 2SS

This is my 3rd use of HGG. I love this stuff!
Attached Images

Old 07-07-2015, 06:56 PM   #22
GVA 45TH 2SS
KNGTFALL

Drives: 2012 2SS 45th edition
I'd like to see this up against CG shine while you dry. application is the same. I use to spray detail spray over the entire car before drying. But this was my new go to. Id like to see how Adams compares.
GVA 45TH 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 07:07 PM   #23
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
All I can say is this stuff is awesome. Love it!!!!
Old 07-07-2015, 09:21 PM   #24
Airway Monkey

Drives: 2015 2SS/1LE
Ordered some HGG the other day and I can't wait to use it!!!

-Matt
Airway Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 09:27 PM   #25
Joe M 2012 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVA 45TH 2SS View Post
I'd like to see this up against CG shine while you dry. application is the same. I use to spray detail spray over the entire car before drying. But this was my new go to. Id like to see how Adams compares.

I think these are really two different kinds of products.

The CG After wash is stated as a Drying Agent/Synthetic sealant/Clay Lube. I'm a little confused as I wouldn't use a sealant as a clay lube. In their application video, 1 spray is used on a panel to demonstrate it's hydrophobic action, which looks similar to what a detail spray does, then an additional 12 sprays are applied before drying.
An awful lot of product.

The surface in the video has a lot of water on it, and if I was doing a regular wash, a pooling rinse would be 85-90% less than what's on the surface demonstrated.

No durability range is stated either.

Chemical Guys products have always been confusing to me, like the Blacklight, it's told to be a "gloss enhancing sealant" by a pro detailer who used it for a year, yet it's sold under glazes on their website. I have used it and the durability is that of a glaze, 2 weeks.

The V7 is sold as a detail spray/optically clear spray sealant. When used over Blacklight, I got about another week (3 weeks total), before the Blacklight was gone. When I think of a detail spray, I think of a product for a clay lube, removing bird droppings/fingerprints, and as a drying agent during a normal wash, using only 1 spray per panel.
V7 does none of these, as it flashes quickly off the surface, almost like diluted IPA.

The real thing that got me away from Chemical Guys is when they released this J93 $800 wax. It was supposedly made for a Japanese car collector who said to spare no expense in making it. They supposedly went through 93 different formulations, using the most expensive and best ingredients from all around the world, to make this wax.

A few months later they introduce another wax that is $1499, and they say the tub can be refilled for a nominal fee?

Now I'm really confused, If it can be refilled for a nominal fee, why is it $1499 initially? Did the earth magically produce new ingredients that they hadn't used when developing J93?

For $1499 you could get a very good Professional detail job done to your car. Seems like all their products are overhyped, not saying they don't give decent results, but too much hype. I have contacted their customer service by phone and the person couldn't answer my question, said they'd get back with me, and never did.

Adams HGG is stated for what it is, a water activated acrylic resin sealant, with gloss enhancers. Stated durability is 2 months minimum unless applied over wax. I did see a slight change in sheeting during routine washes after 7 weeks, when I applied it over wax.

And with Adams their is no hype, a 110% guarantee instead, and the customer service is top notch. If you are speaking with someone who can't answer your question, they will get someone who can, and you won't wait on hold for a long time.

If the CG stuff works well for you and your happy with it, I'd continue using it. Curious if you know the durability average of the AW?

Last edited by Joe M 2012 2SS; 07-07-2015 at 09:45 PM.
Old 07-08-2015, 08:35 PM   #26
GVA 45TH 2SS
KNGTFALL

Drives: 2012 2SS 45th edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe M 2012 2SS View Post
I think these are really two different kinds of products.

The CG After wash is stated as a Drying Agent/Synthetic sealant/Clay Lube. I'm a little confused as I wouldn't use a sealant as a clay lube. In their application video, 1 spray is used on a panel to demonstrate it's hydrophobic action, which looks similar to what a detail spray does, then an additional 12 sprays are applied before drying.
An awful lot of product.
I wouldn't use as a clay lube. I think they got carried away watching the water fall away from the after wash, and did it for effect.
The surface in the video has a lot of water on it, and if I was doing a regular wash, a pooling rinse would be 85-90% less than what's on the surface demonstrated.
Again I think it was for dramatic effect
No durability range is stated either.

Chemical Guys products have always been confusing to me, like the Blacklight, it's told to be a "gloss enhancing sealant" by a pro detailer who used it for a year, yet it's sold under glazes on
their website. I have used it and the durability is that of a glaze, 2 weeks.
I believe the HGG was to give the added gloss that people were doing by rubbing Brilliant glaze on their car every week. Its a lot quicker that's for sure.
The V7 is sold as a detail spray/optically clear spray sealant. When used over Blacklight, I got about another week (3 weeks total), before the Blacklight was gone. When I think of a detail spray, I think of a product for a clay lube, removing bird droppings/fingerprints, and as a drying agent during a normal wash, using only 1 spray per panel.
V7 does none of these, as it flashes quickly off the surface, almost like diluted IPA.

The real thing that got me away from Chemical Guys is when they released this J93 $800 wax. It was supposedly made for a Japanese car collector who said to spare no expense in making it. They supposedly went through 93 different formulations, using the most expensive and best ingredients from all around the world, to make this wax.

A few months later they introduce another wax that is $1499, and they say the tub can be refilled for a nominal fee?

Now I'm really confused, If it can be refilled for a nominal fee, why is it $1499 initially? Did the earth magically produce new ingredients that they hadn't used when developing J93?

For $1499 you could get a very good Professional detail job done to your car. Seems like all their products are overhyped, not saying they don't give decent results, but too much hype. I have contacted their customer service by phone and the person couldn't answer my question, said they'd get back with me, and never did.
Yeah theres more expensive waxes than that out there, and everyone will release new products that are improved over the previous version. Would I pay that for a wax. NOPE.
CG is great for some products as is auto geek as well as Adams and others.
Adams HGG is stated for what it is, a water activated acrylic resin sealant, with gloss enhancers. Stated durability is 2 months minimum unless applied over wax. I did see a slight change in sheeting during routine washes after 7 weeks, when I applied it over wax. But you stated you have applied this 3 times so far. The CG is a drying agent with glossifiers, whatever that means. I would think the glossifiers last about as long as sealant does over the wax anyway. But I think they will give the same effect.

And with Adams their is no hype, a 110% guarantee instead, and the customer service is top notch. If you are speaking with someone who can't answer your question, they will get someone who can, and you won't wait on hold for a long time.
Everyone has hype even Adams lol. I bought into the Americana and brilliant Glaze back in 2012 when I got my Camaro. I did not like the results. Or should I say I wasn't impressed with the results.
If the CG stuff works well for you and your happy with it, I'd continue using it. Curious if you know the durability average of the AW?
Don't get me wrong I like several products from Adams, But there seems to be a cult like following of people who never did anything but wash their car every month, they first use the Adams stuff and are like everything else is crap. So I like seeing comparisons of GOOD products, and so far from what I've seen the HGG looks good. I'm just wondering how much different the 2 products are.

I think Adams lost touch a little with the community over the last year or so. But since Dylan is back, I have seen the Adams of old come back.
Its GREAT to have Dylan and his knowledge back on this forum.

I'm running low on Adams car wash soap, so when I get another Gallon (this time the NEW stuff) I may try the HGG.

Joe keep doing the reviews on products, I like seeing comparisons on new stuff.
GVA 45TH 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 10:16 PM   #27
Joe M 2012 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVA 45TH 2SS View Post
Don't get me wrong I like several products from Adams, But there seems to be a cult like following of people who never did anything but wash their car every month, they first use the Adams stuff and are like everything else is crap. So I like seeing comparisons of GOOD products, and so far from what I've seen the HGG looks good. I'm just wondering how much different the 2 products are.

I think Adams lost touch a little with the community over the last year or so. But since Dylan is back, I have seen the Adams of old come back.
Its GREAT to have Dylan and his knowledge back on this forum.

I'm running low on Adams car wash soap, so when I get another Gallon (this time the NEW stuff) I may try the HGG.

Joe keep doing the reviews on products, I like seeing comparisons on new stuff.
I like a lot of Adams products, but am not closed-minded towards other products. If I'm using a wax or sealant type of product, I just like to know the durability length of it. Chemical guys does not give this on a lot of their products. The HGG will last a couple months, unless applied over wax. I have applied it to a neighbor's car that had no type of protection on it, the car still beads well after 8 weeks. It had no bead prior to application.

The 3 applications on mine are since it's release in April, 1 application when received on 17th, another 7 weeks later at the end of May. My most recent application was done for a jealous reason I must admit.

Last week I was off work and did several cars for other people while I was off work. I only did correction on one (the only owner willing to pay me for my time), luckily it was a Honda and correction was a snap on the soft paint. But it actually looked better than my car, (my car was dirty at the time), so this was more for a little extra gloss after washing.

The shine on my paint is from polishing, and I am a believer that any type product that adds gloss, the look is dependent upon the condition of the surface. If you put a nice dress on a beautiful woman, she looks even better, if you put the same dress on a ugly woman, she still looks ugly.

If you were unhappy with the results you got from Americana and Brilliant Glaze, I would have returned them. I haven't used either so can't comment on them. I have a regular customer I use the CG Blacklight and V7 on, he knows it won't last but likes the look. His Mercedes needs correction, but I have to admit here I'm glad he doesn't want it because Mercedes paint is hard as a brick!

My bottle of HGG is low, I have used it on 8 other cars besides mine, maybe 2 applications left. If you would like, I'll send it to you if you want to try it out first. This way you can compare it against the CG after wash, and continue with whichever one you like better, it shouldn't cost much to ship to Charlotte from Shelby. PM me and I'd be glad to send it.
Old 07-09-2015, 05:41 AM   #28
WiSSDiver

Drives: 1968 Coupe, 2010 2SS, 2011 2SS/RS
I'm very anxious to try this out. Just received my box of Adams goodies yesterday with hopes of a free weekend to test this out after I correct the paint on my new to me Vert.