Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 04-21-2012, 06:29 PM   #1
JohnZ

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT V6
Thoughts on KW Coilovers

Anyone have any experience with KW Coilovers? good or bad. I am considering some KW V1's. Here the link

http://www.modbargains.com/KW-Coilov...7-35261017.htm

Thanks

BMR Bushing Inserts,Pedders Radius Rod Inserts, Pfadt Sway Bars and Endlinks, LSR Front Subframe Brace

SS Brembo Brakes, Racing Brake Stainless Lines
JohnZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 06:43 PM   #2
ModBargains.com

Drives: Widebody 2013 Mustang GT
I know we've been speaking over PM's in regards to the KW's, but I wanted to add some factual parts about KW that some guys on the forum might not have known yet. Sure it's a long essay of text, but it is a good read.

KW's have the best material construction quality of any coilover kit that I've seen. KW not only designs and manufacturers the coilovers, but they test them as well, to TUV certification levels. They also do this for each individual name plate which means they do it for Mercedes-Benz, Jaguar, BMW, Audi, Porsche, Chevrolet and more. They also design and valve all the suspension dampers to each individual MODEL within that brand, so you're getting something truly unique.

KW's are designed with street driving in mind, that's what they're designed for unless you talk about the clubsport models. All of KW's essential parts are built in-house, they are not outsourced like a lot of other companies. Though to some, this isn't a big issue, but when you consider that gives them a very big advantage on the quality control of a system, other companies just cannot compete with that.

TUV Certification, as I've touched on before, is the highest quality of certification that a company can receive in Europe. Getting TUV certification requires such a large amount of time to seek this endorsement, it's unbelievable. Each individual part such as the coils, the shocks, and the strut cartridges are individually tested, and then re-tested to insure that it meets or exceeds TUV's very strict requirements.

Here's the kicker! Not only did the KW coilovers pass the TUV's rigorous requirements, but it did so on EVERY ride height setting, including the lowest possible setting available. I highly doubt most other coilover companies have the time or the energy, let alone the money to even do such a thing.

The strut housing/shock bodies are T-304 stainless and they are completely impervious to rust, corrosion, acid rain, salt on the roads and of course any other things you might see such as that. All their brackets are 10.9 rated T-6 Aluminum alloy that are all anodized to prevent corrosion.

The second kicker here, is that KW is also an OE supplier to Eibach ironically, because some of the springs they manufacture actually go onto other coilover kits! Lastly, KW is the OE supplier to all the Mercedes-Benz AMG cars, which is an astonishing fact on itself, a real achievement to any company.
ModBargains.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:43 PM   #3
JohnZ

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT V6
bump

BMR Bushing Inserts,Pedders Radius Rod Inserts, Pfadt Sway Bars and Endlinks, LSR Front Subframe Brace

SS Brembo Brakes, Racing Brake Stainless Lines
JohnZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:05 AM   #4
davidcroft
Sellin Chevy's since '06

Drives: 18ZL1 02Z-28
wow didn't know all of that!
SOLD! '18 ZL1 Mosiac Blk
SOLD!'16 SS Sedan-Forgestars/ARH/rotofab
TRADED!2014 SS Sedan
SOLD! 2013 Blue Ray1SS/1LE 1of20.
TRADED! 2012 White 1SS/RS
davidcroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:20 AM   #5
Squintz Palladoris

Drives: 2010 IOM 1SS M6
Arent the V1's non adjustable? If you are going to spend the money for coilovers I would suggest going with the adjustable version.
Squintz Palladoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 10:38 AM   #6
ModBargains.com

Drives: Widebody 2013 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcroft View Post
wow didn't know all of that!
Pretty sweet huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squintz Palladoris View Post
Arent the V1's non adjustable? If you are going to spend the money for coilovers I would suggest going with the adjustable version.
V1's are ride height adjustable, and the dampening and rebound adjustments are all pre-set from factory to give you a sporty yet comfortable ride. Think of it as your stock suspension, but a sport version, and that's exactly how it feels.

V3's are of course not only ride height adjustable, but also rebound and dampening adjustable so you can completely re-tune the way the car feels in every situation, and you can do it quite easily as well.
ModBargains.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 12:02 PM   #7
10aSSee D

Drives: Silver 2010 SS Camaro
I love my KWV1 coilovers!!

ADM built 417, 2.9L Whipple with 3.250 pulley, ADM ported and polished LSA heads,ADM stage3 cam,ADM LSA belt drive system,ADM CAI race scoop, ADM dual fuel pumps, ID 850's, BMR full suspension, Gforce 9 inch kit with 3.5 inch driveshaft, Street Slayer twin carbon clutch, Lingenfelter oil seperator. Tuned by built by ADM Performance, 763rwhp,705rwtq
10aSSee D is offline   Reply With Quote