Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 12-11-2009, 08:04 PM   #1
riverbadboy
riverbadboy

Drives: 1SS Silver with Black rally Stripes
Send a message via AIM to riverbadboy
heater core exploded and the techs screwed it up worse now

last month i bought what i was told a "new" camaro. 1SS Silver with black stripes. Turns out it's used. From Findlay in Kingman az. I dont have the rights trhe new owners have. i didn't see the contract for more than 2 minutes. i checked the payment and price but did not see the used in little letters in the upper left corner. at 5000 miles i found out as the heater core exploded onto my clothes. now the dealer admitted the error of their salesman and rewarded me with the new Corsa cat back exhaust. Now...i went to see it after 2 weeks at the dealership being repaired...leaked coolant from frame area..a/c did not work...broken plastics inside car...carpet still wet from shampoo smells musty. Light dimmer does not work. tail fin was damaged in recall and stipe kit was scratched (deep). NOW THUNK from rearend when coasting and add throttle. all new problems from one SIMPLE! visit. when i contacted John Cole the mgr. he had words about me being a baby about it and asked me to leave. I told his salesman that they would be lucky not to see my car for sale on their floor tommorow. They took that as a threat and said i would drive it thru their glass window?? HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN. they take the easiest way out.. BAD DEALER
riverbadboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 08:34 PM   #2
71cam

Drives: 71cam
you say used....well how many miles did it have on it....could not have been that much.

not a good experience at all. do you have the car now? the dealer is obligated to fix the problems they have caused. you can always try to take it to a different dealer and explain what happened at the other.

i would definitely let GM customer service know the problems you encountered at that dealership
71cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 08:35 PM   #3
Verio
Taking it 1 day at a time

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS Auto
Send a message via MSN to Verio
It's really difficult to understand your post since you aren't even putting together coherent sentences.

My first piece of advice, read a contract before you sign it. Honestly, how can you tell me you didn't know it was a used car? Did you not even look at the Odometer?

Secondly, if you have LEGITIMATE issues with your car and the service shop is not addressing them, contact GM Customer Care. However, I have a smelly suspicion this whole thread is filled with .........
Verio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 08:39 PM   #4
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
Wow, that is a nightmare story. How do things get that far out of control?. I hope the dealer comes to their senses and makes it right for you. How do you not have the same rights new owners have, the car is still under warranty even if it is used. Let us know how it all turns out.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:55 PM   #5
thiggin2

Drives: 05/07 Chevy's
Quote:
Originally Posted by riverbadboy View Post
at 5000 miles i found out as the heater core exploded onto my clothes.
Wow, I've been a GM service tech for 20 years and I've never seen this happen. Granted I have seen them leak bad but never "explode" and get on your clothes, shoes yes.
thiggin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 01:35 AM   #6
camaro1

Drives: 550+RWHP 2010 camaro
you still have the same warranty as the first owner
415ci stroker, TVS 2300 Magnacharger, cnc heads, cam, yank ss3200 converter, Kooks long tubes, Bwoody true cold air kit, ZL1 Pump, magnaflow 3" cat-back, lowering springs,BMR control arms and tie rod bars, 3.73 gears, diff mounts, RX can, ADM fuel controller
camaro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 02:37 AM   #7
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 66 Corvair Silverado LTZ
The warranty goes with the VIN.

Get the Zone involved. Was it presented as "new" ?.
Old 12-12-2009, 09:35 AM   #8
Coldpants
Nerdy one

Drives: #000000 & #FF8000 2010 Camaro
Use your local lemon laws and make them take the car back. Then go get another. Go through your local DMV and not GM customer service.
Coldpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 11:08 AM   #9
Partick

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Well no disrespect intended but how on earth could you not read the contract when spending that kind of money or not notice the odometer reading? Regardless the factory warranty should still cover these issues.
Partick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 03:51 PM   #10
9c1ny

Drives: C6 Zed-oh-six
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verio View Post
It's really difficult to understand your post since you aren't even putting together coherent sentences.

My first piece of advice, read a contract before you sign it. Honestly, how can you tell me you didn't know it was a used car? Did you not even look at the Odometer?

Secondly, if you have LEGITIMATE issues with your car and the service shop is not addressing them, contact GM Customer Care. However, I have a smelly suspicion this whole thread is filled with .........
+1 dont feed the troll
Old 12-13-2009, 07:24 PM   #11
riverbadboy
riverbadboy

yeah ...i should have seen the u in the upper left corner. but that is aLL in arizona that seperates it from new. it had 1249 on the odo. when i picked it up. i was told that the owner of the dealership had demo ed it and it had a dealer plate when i looked at it. The dealer WAS a gm dealer but they were a gmc pontiac dealer. Yes ...please bare with me as i have a traumatic brain injury(military disabled 2005). ive had 5 strokes. anyway the paperwork was not ready for me to sign because they said my wife needed to sign also. she got off work with 20 minutes to make it there to sign also. since this post the dealer has fixed the problem...they also admitted to deception by installing a 1600 dollar corsa cat back exhaust. i do love this car but was concerned that i would not have the warranty rights that a new one has. The main one was the 60 day satisfaction thing. But yes the heater core came apart at the seams. The Evaporator drain was also missrouted and the coolant filled the box. All better now and i'm a happy camper.
Old 12-13-2009, 07:31 PM   #12
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
Thank you for your service!!!!
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 07:32 PM   #13
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by riverbadboy View Post
All better now and i'm a happy camper.
That's what I like to hear. Congrats!!!!
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 09:01 PM   #14
riverbadboy
riverbadboy

Well now the GM rep called me today and ruined it!! they said thats as far as they go. I don't want to loose it to the lemon law but i also don't want the smell. I guess it's time to buy new seats and carpet?? anybody got carpet??