Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Rick@Livernois
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-19-2010, 10:47 AM   #99
mutant chicken
Mutant Member

Drives: '10 SS/RS, '10 Mini , 07 Harley
That's just sad ....

mutant chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 12:09 PM   #100
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 16 Encore, 07 G6, 99 Astro, 16 VW
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
That isn't the year that has the ugly rear. It wasn't until 2010 that they screwed up the back end.
to me after this design all Mustangs have been ugly in the rear end... I liked Mustangs back in the 60's..
Attached Images

Old 07-19-2010, 12:12 PM   #101
Silver Ice

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss-rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by racrx451 View Post
dumbass

Silver Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 12:46 PM   #102
Tessa
Mischief Managed

Drives: 2SS/RS RJT with silver rallys
Quote:
Originally Posted by ud_lose View Post
After watching the whole thing unfold, you would have thought that this guy would feel like a total dumbass and been doing everything he could to help this elderly couple. He did quite the opposite. He was walking around bragging about his car to some of our club members with this smirk on his face. I think he is a total ass. So much so that I gave the cop my business card and I am looking forward to testifying in his trial, 4 hour round trip and all.
Do it!!
You'd think after being such an asshat and plowing into two old people (and a bank sign) he'd pretend he wasn't a flaming douchebag...braging about is car? The one he just totaled? In front of a ton of people while showing off what a fcking tool he is?? What....an...idiot!
He doesn't deserve any car - even if it is a mustang....asshat should be riding a bike for the rest of his life.....

I can't believe his age either in some of the other posts - really? Shouldn't he have grown up a little by now??
Old 07-19-2010, 12:57 PM   #103
ViperTomcat
Banned

Drives: 2011 Avenger Heat
He isnt going to get jail time, sorry folks. No one was critically hurt or killed.

He'll likely get nailed for exhibition of speed, reckless driving and damage to private property. Maybe $5,000 in fines, possibly more if the judge is a hard ass. It isnt going to jury trial.

With 80,000 bucks to spend on a car, he isnt concerned about insurance. This will more than likely be a hit, but nothing huge in comparison. He'll likely get his car replaced as he wasnt racing (he did not meet the specific requirements for racing), but obviously will have to pay for the hospital treatment of the other passengers and time involved, as well as the truck.

My guess? 5-7K in fines, and maybe some hours of community service+ points on his license. Not a whole lot more, if the judge is really going to grandstand and try to make an example, he may have his license suspended for 90 days.

Calling for massive jail time and saying you're looking forward to testifying at his trial? Thats a bit over the top, bordering on internet tough-guy-ism.
There may only be an hour long hearing where the facts are presented as well as a statement from the responding officer(s), not a whole lot more as this was a fairly mild accident.
ViperTomcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 01:10 PM   #104
motor1

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS/M6.....no longer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperTomcat View Post
He isnt going to get jail time, sorry folks. No one was critically hurt or killed.

He'll likely get nailed for exhibition of speed, reckless driving and damage to private property. Maybe $5,000 in fines, possibly more if the judge is a hard ass. It isnt going to jury trial.

With 80,000 bucks to spend on a car, he isnt concerned about insurance. This will more than likely be a hit, but nothing huge in comparison. He'll likely get his car replaced as he wasnt racing (he did not meet the specific requirements for racing), but obviously will have to pay for the hospital treatment of the other passengers and time involved, as well as the truck.

My guess? 5-7K in fines, and maybe some hours of community service+ points on his license. Not a whole lot more, if the judge is really going to grandstand and try to make an example, he may have his license suspended for 90 days.

Calling for massive jail time and saying you're looking forward to testifying at his trial? Thats a bit over the top, bordering on internet tough-guy-ism.
There may only be an hour long hearing where the facts are presented as well as a statement from the responding officer(s), not a whole lot more as this was a fairly mild accident.
In Virginia that is Reckless driving and is in fact a criminal charge, so basically due to the fact that nobody was killed you feel its just a MILD accident? I totally disagree and feel a little jail time would make him think twice. It seems money is no issue so fines are pointless.
motor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 01:13 PM   #105
themossman
Apprehensive Optimist

Drives: '10 SS/RS SIM
Sad to see ANY cool car get smacked up...and the whole 'good vs bad'/mustang vs camaro is fatiguing.

That car clearly needed the 'driver mod'...
Engine:Phase One-(All work by Vengeance Racing): Custom Cam, AR Headers, ported throttle body, ported intake, custom tune, dual valve springs, hardened push rods, under drive pulley, thermostat, Vararam CAI, C5R timing chain, Melling oil pump catch can, breather, MagnaFlow Sport Axle Back
Suspension: Pfadt Sport Sway Bars, Pfadt drop springs
Other: MGW Shifter, Custom Paint
my build journal ---->http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30057
themossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 01:15 PM   #106
prostock69
Female Muscle Car Nut!

Drives: 2010 RS/SS IOM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessa View Post
Do it!!
You'd think after being such an asshat and plowing into two old people (and a bank sign) he'd pretend he wasn't a flaming douchebag...braging about is car? The one he just totaled? In front of a ton of people while showing off what a fcking tool he is?? What....an...idiot!
He doesn't deserve any car - even if it is a mustang....asshat should be riding a bike for the rest of his life.....

I can't believe his age either in some of the other posts - really? Shouldn't he have grown up a little by now??
Girl, I couldn't have said it better!

MODS: Borla "S" Type Exhaust, American Racing Headers 3" Longtubes, New Era Cold Air Intake, HP Tune, Custom Ground Camshaft, Professionally Ported Heads by Darin Morgan, Ported Throttle Body, 3000 Stall Converter, and 160 Degree Thermostat.

http://www.rehermorrison.com/; http://www.darinmorgan.com/; http://www.neweraperformance.com/
prostock69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 01:17 PM   #107
prostock69
Female Muscle Car Nut!

Drives: 2010 RS/SS IOM Camaro
Mild accident my ass. I can't believe someone actually called it that. Two cars were totaled along with a bank sign. A mild accident, indeed.

MODS: Borla "S" Type Exhaust, American Racing Headers 3" Longtubes, New Era Cold Air Intake, HP Tune, Custom Ground Camshaft, Professionally Ported Heads by Darin Morgan, Ported Throttle Body, 3000 Stall Converter, and 160 Degree Thermostat.

http://www.rehermorrison.com/; http://www.darinmorgan.com/; http://www.neweraperformance.com/
prostock69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 01:20 PM   #108
ViperTomcat
Banned

Drives: 2011 Avenger Heat
Quote:
Originally Posted by motor1 View Post
In Virginia that is Reckless driving and is in fact a criminal charge, so basically due to the fact that nobody was killed you feel its just a MILD accident? I totally disagree and feel a little jail time would make him think twice. It seems money is no issue so fines are pointless.
They cannot exceed state guidelines or laws concerning maximum sentences for traffic incidents. If the requirements for jail time arent met, then they cannot be given jail time, no matter how strongly people feel "emotionally" that a person is deserving of it.

And the fact that no one was critically hurt or kept in the hospital for any real amount of time, was a two vehicle accident that did not cause a fire or very real danger of additional accidents makes this fairly mild.
ViperTomcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 01:35 PM   #109
motor1

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS/M6.....no longer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperTomcat View Post
They cannot exceed state guidelines or laws concerning maximum sentences for traffic incidents. If the requirements for jail time arent met, then they cannot be given jail time, no matter how strongly people feel "emotionally" that a person is deserving of it.

And the fact that no one was critically hurt or kept in the hospital for any real amount of time, was a two vehicle accident that did not cause a fire or very real danger of additional accidents makes this fairly mild.
I am not from Colorado so I do not know what their statutes allow but I will say that in Virginia that type of stupidity behind the wheel is not tolerated or considered to be acceptable, especially when two people have to go to the hospital. This was a totally PREVENTABLE accident that occured when the idiot felt like the public street was the place to show off his car. I do not care if it was a Mustang or Camaro. In VIRGINIA this will get you jail time, whether someone was critically hurt or not. End of story.
motor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 02:27 PM   #110
Tessa
Mischief Managed

Drives: 2SS/RS RJT with silver rallys
Quote:
Originally Posted by prostock69 View Post
Mild accident my ass. I can't believe someone actually called it that. Two cars were totaled along with a bank sign. A mild accident, indeed.

This guy totaled two cars and hurt PEOPLE....that is not mild...had that truck been up any further he could ahve done far worse damage and hurt those people even more.....and what if someone had been IN the bank parking lot?? He'd have mowed them down....
Old 07-19-2010, 02:37 PM   #111
ud_lose

Drives: '04 Ford F250 6.0L/'69 vette LS6
Wyoming state traffic law

24-1-110. Speed or acceleration contest or exhibition on highways.

(a) No person shall engage in any motor vehicle speed or acceleration contest, or exhibition of speed or acceleration on any highway without approval of such use by the governing body in charge of said highway. No person shall aid or abet in any such motor vehicle speed or acceleration contest or exhibition on any highway, without approval of such use by the governing body in charge of said highway.

(b) No person shall for the purpose of facilitating or aiding or as an incident to any motor vehicle speed or acceleration contest upon a highway, in any manner obstruct or place or assist in placing any barricade or obstruction upon any highway without approval of such use by the governing body in charge of said highway.

(c) Any person who violates this section shall upon conviction be fined not less than ten dollars ($10) nor more than one hundred dollars ($100), or by imprisonment in the county jail for not more than ten (10) days or both.

Reckless Driving: Misdemeanor ''31-5-229 & 31-5-1201(a)

Imprisonment (Term): Not more than 6 months '31-5-1201(f)

So hey I guess you are wrong in your assumption that he can't get jail time.
Old 07-19-2010, 02:42 PM   #112
ud_lose

Drives: '04 Ford F250 6.0L/'69 vette LS6
Oh and the part about not testifying in a trial....

Right off of Wyoming's DMV website..

YOUR OPTIONS WHEN YOU RECEIVE A CITATION
Many citations do not require a court appearance, and you may admit guilt by paying the ticket directly. The citation will indicate how and by what date to pay the fine. Fines are either paid to the state or local municipality. You can pay in person or by mail. If your ticket has the "Must Appear" box checked you cannot pay the fine and you will have to appear in court on the date mentioned on the ticket. If you wish to dispute the citation, you must inform the courts in writing of this. You must appear in court personally on the scheduled date, and enter a "not guilty" plea. While you may be able to negotiate with the prosecuting attorney, a trial will be scheduled if no agreement is reached. A trial gives you an opportunity to fight the traffic ticket in front of a judge or jury, and most people prefer to hire a traffic ticket lawyer to defend them in court. If you are unable to attend court on the scheduled date, inform the court and make arrangements for a new date. Failing to do so could result in a warrant being put out for your arrest.