Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 09-28-2015, 10:50 PM   #1
zachking100

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro Convertible 1LT
Upgrades

Hey fellow convertible owners,

I was wondering I am looking to upgrade my Camaro. I have a 2014 LT convertible with a K&N cold Air intake, and magnaflow axle back exhaust. The most I am willing to put in to upgrade is around 10,000. It will take me a while to get but I am trying to make a list of things that I can upgrade. If anyone can help me that would be great. I was also thinking about supercharging or putting a twin turbo inside, if anyone can give me a little more information on both of these types of systems that would be great.

Thanks so much,
Zachy
zachking100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 12:43 PM   #2
Bowtie-Bri

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS Convt.
The list of mods you can do to your car is almost endless. With 10k, you should be able to make your Camaro your own unique creation. Decide what's most important to you and start there. If performance is top priority, then start there. Super Charger is a direct bolt on and still 50 state emissions legal.
Cat back performance exhaust, cold air intake, ported throttle body, and one my favorite mods a Vitesse Throttle Controller, ect.
You will probably be getting alot of replies with some great ideas. Good luck!
2013 Nickey Stage II Camaro SS Convertible #10.Black w/ Red leather interior. No Weeds Elec. Diverters, CNC ported heads, custom grind cam, upgraded fuel injectors, ZL-1 fuel pump, V-Max ported TB, Red Magnuson Super Charger with rear cog drive, upgraded rear axles good for 1400Hp, 3:45 gears, Tremec 6 spd., Pedders adj. coil overs, Phadt ZL-spec swaybars, 800Hp at the crank, 670RWHP, 613ft.lbs. torq. @ 11lbs. boost. SOLD!!!
Bowtie-Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 01:37 PM   #3
bwk1971
Res Ipsa Loquitur

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS Vert Supercharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtie-Bri View Post
The list of mods you can do to your car is almost endless. With 10k, you should be able to make your Camaro your own unique creation. Decide what's most important to you and start there. If performance is top priority, then start there. Super Charger is a direct bolt on and still 50 state emissions legal.
Cat back performance exhaust, cold air intake, ported throttle body, and one my favorite mods a Vitesse Throttle Controller, ect.
You will probably be getting alot of replies with some great ideas. Good luck!
+1 What he ^^^ said!! Take it from him, he's got one of the nicest convertibles around!

He's right, depending on your priority, performance vs. cosmetic. After performance, there is still a zillion cosmetic and electronic upgrades that can be made. Just do what you like. I personally looked at others (like Bowtie-Bri and SS PANTHER, to name a few) to get ideas and created my own ideas from there. This forum is a great place for ideas.
"STREET LEGAL" 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3 Convertible -- 2.9l Whipple Supercharger, CDC SportBar, Cordon CR-1 and MRR M017 wheels, Hex Vents, RPI ZL1 Splitter, CAI, Pfadt Tri-Y Headers, high-flow cats, ZR1 3 bar map sensor, ZL1 fuel pump, 3.875" pulley, ADM FPCM, 1LE PCV Oil Separator Kit, Elite Catch Can, APEX scoop and washer bottle relocation kit, Hotchkis lowering springs, BMR sways, BMR toe rods, BMR trailing arms, 620 rwhp, 564 rwtq, and tuned by Andrew Zurick of Complete Street Performance by way of Maryland Speed.
bwk1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 01:55 PM   #4
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
If you go the performance route don't get the throttle controller since everything will need to be tuned and the tuner can up the throttle response for you. Tune plus the controller will equal a reduced power light down the road, just saying from experience but it is a nice controller to have without a tune though. With 10k it's endless on what you want to do and what you are looking for. So we know that you want to go forced induction and right their is 6k so now you have 4k to play with.