Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 04-28-2022, 04:03 PM   #1
Lnch Mny

Drives: IBM Camaro
Talon Rotors

Has anyone used these Talon Rotor by Hawk Performance? Seem like they are a good price point. I can't believe no one is running them, but the search comes back empty.
Attached Images

Lnch Mny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 06:34 PM   #2
jksynergy

Drives: 11 SW SYNERGY SERIES/14 1SS 1LE
Did not know those were an option. I've used the ACDELCO slotted rotors before and really like them. Under $90 each and they had great track performance. I need to order a new set of rear rotors so I may look into the Hawks.

Sent from my SM-T377T using Tapatalk

2014 1SS 1LE. Bama, sporting Red Rock Metallic demon's horns, when we are ready to get naughty and open a can of whoopass! Airaid, Spectre, Xpel,Bowler shifter Peddars, UMI, Ult Perf. Diode Dynamics, JRE Tune, XS Power battery,
Hooker Headers Blackheart exhaust,Powerbrake
InstaGram & Twitter: @jlouie62
FB: hangtimeracing
jksynergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 07:53 PM   #3
Joe.G

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 6SP Ashen Grey
I am curious as well, Have a link to them?
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
Hotckis 1" Springs & Chassis Max Brace
BMR Adjustable Swaybars,Trailing Arms, Adjustable Toe Rod, LCA & Z28 UCA Bushings Hendrix Solid Cradle Bushings
Pedders Radius Rod Inserts Strut tower brace
Hero Smoked Tail and 3rd Brake Light, Diode Dynamic SL1 Fog Lights
AeroForce Dual gauge/Autometer pillar mount.
Joe.G is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 08:14 PM   #4
fz4k98

Drives: 2013 1ss
I installed them last fall along with pads and hi temp dot 4 fluid. Fit and finish was great. They really haul the car down and have nice pedal feel.

I just did my first track day ever and they worked well but the pedal effort increased quite a bit after about 10 to 15 minutes on the track. They still worked but I was suprised by the increased effort. This became better when I backed off a little and the brakes cooled.

I am not sure about how long they will last but am happy with how they work and would buy them again.
fz4k98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 10:25 PM   #5
SaReNi

Drives: 2012 SS
https://www.americanmuscle.com/hawk-...r-hts4415.html
Old 04-29-2022, 11:15 AM   #6
jksynergy

Drives: 11 SW SYNERGY SERIES/14 1SS 1LE
For the price, I don't see how they would be superior to other rotor options. They look good though.

Sent from my SM-T377T using Tapatalk

2014 1SS 1LE. Bama, sporting Red Rock Metallic demon's horns, when we are ready to get naughty and open a can of whoopass! Airaid, Spectre, Xpel,Bowler shifter Peddars, UMI, Ult Perf. Diode Dynamics, JRE Tune, XS Power battery,
Hooker Headers Blackheart exhaust,Powerbrake
InstaGram & Twitter: @jlouie62
FB: hangtimeracing
jksynergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 06:45 PM   #7
fz4k98

Drives: 2013 1ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by fz4k98 View Post
I installed them last fall along with pads and hi temp dot 4 fluid. Fit and finish was great. They really haul the car down and have nice pedal feel.

I just did my first track day ever and they worked well but the pedal effort increased quite a bit after about 10 to 15 minutes on the track. They still worked but I was suprised by the increased effort. This became better when I backed off a little and the brakes cooled.

I am not sure about how long they will last but am happy with how they work and would buy them again.
I did a visual inspection of the front brakes today after the track day and all was good. No warping, no lines ground in to the surface and no hotspots. I did notice many holes were half plugged with pad dust.

The track didn't have high speed areas but i did see 90 degree corners at the end of 3 straights with approach speeds of 75 to 115. Braking was hard enough on some occasions to kick in antilock.
fz4k98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 08:53 PM   #8
Sparko

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
I'm a month late to the party here, but I have the drilled and slotted version of these on my car. I have had them on for 2 driving seasons (April through October for me) and they stop well, not that I had any issues with the stock rotors. I'm not overly impressed by the dust removal of the rotors, I have had drilled rotors in the past that were much more efficient than these. Just motoring through town I do have to do the whole let up and get back on the pedal nonsense from time to time. I have noticed as of recent that I do have what appears to be a rotor that's slightly warped as I can feel a slight pulse in my pedal now but it isn't shaking the car to pieces. I haven't put a mic on to verify, but I've been there before and it sure felt the same.

I didn't pay squat for the rotors so for the price I'm ok with it. I might look for another option here in a bit though.
'87 HD FXRT - Wrecked pending repair
Sparko is offline   Reply With Quote