Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 10-08-2009, 12:59 PM   #1
wrek
2G1FK1EJ6-9

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS Transformer
Question Transformers Edition. Keep it stock or modify it?

There are some things I want to do to my car but I'm worried about selling it some day waaaay down the road. Do you guys think people are going to want the stock car or will some small mods be OK? I don't want to paint the stripes if that's going to take away from the value... I also want to do some custom embroidery on the headrests, blacken the markers and lights, etc.,
wrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 01:03 PM   #2
nwotank

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS Rally Yellow
i say you gotta enjoy the car the way you like it, life is too short to be worrying about what someone else may or may not want down the line
nwotank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 01:08 PM   #3
chrisinlittlerock

Drives: 2010 Camaro/08 Tundra
If your wanting to keep it forever as an investment you better leave it factory stock. If your going to drive it then MOD it how ever you want. In 30 years there won't be any gas to put into it anyway.
chrisinlittlerock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 01:15 PM   #4
rmpackers
Ride this Chevy

Drives: 2010 RJT RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwotank View Post
i say you gotta enjoy the car the way you like it, life is too short to be worrying about what someone else may or may not want down the line
I agree, but if you really are concerned about the "down the road" value, which in this case will be many years, keep it as original as possible. The classic cars with all the original parts always are worth more.
Old 10-08-2009, 03:03 PM   #5
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrek View Post
There are some things I want to do to my car but I'm worried about selling it some day waaaay down the road. Do you guys think people are going to want the stock car or will some small mods be OK? I don't want to paint the stripes if that's going to take away from the value... I also want to do some custom embroidery on the headrests, blacken the markers and lights, etc.,
I wouldn't do anything that can't be undone.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 03:12 PM   #6
BumbleDs

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS/SS TF Edition
Ive been going back and fourth on this. Right now nothing too radical is what im thinking. I got the Autobot botties and horn cover, but I can take those off and return the orginals on. Im thinking headers and a exhuast cant it hurt it too terriably if you keep the orginals somewhere if you have the space for it.

Love it or hate it, my car can transform and kick your cars @$$!
BumbleDs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 04:57 PM   #7
Blood

Drives: 2003 Silverado z71 1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BumbleDs View Post
Ive been going back and fourth on this. Right now nothing too radical is what im thinking. I got the Autobot botties and horn cover, but I can take those off and return the orginals on. Im thinking headers and a exhuast cant it hurt it too terriably if you keep the orginals somewhere if you have the space for it.
Dude I dont understand people looking for headers and exhaust, I mean ya if you want HP but if youre just looking for sound!!!

Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 05:21 PM   #8
BumbleDs

Well, cut outs are not street legal,headers help the air leave the motor in most timely manner, and its just part of having a muscle car.

Old 10-08-2009, 08:20 PM   #9
drtwo

Drives: 2SS RS Yellow, Raptor, Vrod
I think what others have said in the past. The transformer edition has no higher chance of any value in the future. It doesn't have a bigger engine or a better transmission. It's just a cosmetic option. Plus these can all be added on. So I'd say use the sh!t out of the car and don't worry about it's value. In thirty years you can see if anybody gives it value!
Old 10-08-2009, 08:34 PM   #10
BumbleDs

its not going to hurt it either. They also said the same about Smokey and the Bandit Trans Ams.

Old 10-11-2009, 02:04 PM   #11
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
I wouldn't do anything that can't be undone.
I agree, after watching the Barrett Jackson on Speed this week they harped constantly that if you take something off to keep it and make sure it is available to the new owner if they want to return it to stock.
I would say that goes for any Camaro, not just special editions. Even plain Jane 67-69 Camaros go for almost 10 times their origonal cost now
Old 10-11-2009, 04:09 PM   #12
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrek View Post

I dont know how i can be more blunt then this. People who are planning to buy this car as a investment or hold any value are seriously kidding themselves. If you want a camaro for any kind of value or investment get a 60's camaro. There is a reason many of 60's camaro's bring in the big dollars many of them got destroyed. The 2010 camaro while is awesome they are going to be hundreds of thousands of this car made. So in short do whatever you like to your car enjoy it. Dont worry about what it will do to devalue it.
Thrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 07:57 PM   #13
Rodrunner

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
I too, wrek, don't see much financial gain in keeping the car completely stock. The Bumblee package is nothing spectacular to begin with and probably won't mean much down the road. Make your car your car.
Old 10-11-2009, 08:18 PM   #14
BumbleDs

There was also more than a fair share of 69 Camaros too. Not a single one of us can predict the future value of these cars. People also thought that we would be using the metric system by now. Clearly, we are far from. Keeping the car as close to showroom condition will no doubt keep the car at a higher value than one that is not. Opinions are just that, they are not facts and everyone is entitled to one.