Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-17-2019, 03:44 PM   #15
fredz
Just another car Jones!

Drives: black zl11le
thanks to all. I am thrilled and can't wait and remember, I have had them all!!! But this equates to a beast I have not had before ...mixing the past incredible power with todays modern conveniences. I will have my radar/laser installed immediately. It saves brain cells.....keeps me a good boy for the most part.
.....................but I hear that little devil on my shoulder!!!!
fredz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 04:38 PM   #16
fredz
Just another car Jones!

much to my surprise, I came upon this video while jonesing on the youtube videos of the Zle.......https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...D&&FORM=VRDGAR
Old 01-17-2019, 09:36 PM   #17
witenite

Drives: 2010 2SS non RS
Awesome ride. Congrats!
Old 01-17-2019, 11:22 PM   #18
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS CV CE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayjellyfish212 View Post
Sick ass car! No need to do anything to it! Drive it like you stole it!!!
There is something to be done... remove the Gateway dealership decal.
Old 01-18-2019, 08:15 AM   #19
gm2376

Drives: 2010 Black 2ss Camaro SS
drives me nuts when dealers put there stupid stickers on a new car
ZL1 10 spokes,Dart 388,ECS Supercharger 2200x, E85 Flex Fuel sensor, Dart 388 , B&M Tranny Cooler, Vigilante 4000 Triple Disc TC,Katech Ported Heads, Texas Speed Sheet Metal Intake, ECS Big Blower Cam,ID 1700s, Fore Triple Pumps, E85,ATI Super Dampner, KW V3 Coilovers, Pfadt front and rear sway bars,Pfadt Trailing arms and toe rods,ZL1 Rear Diff, RPM 6l90e level 10 Tranny, SW Long Tubes no cats,Nick Williams Boosted 102mm TB, Dr Phil Tune,Borla Atak
gm2376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 09:12 AM   #20
fredz
Just another car Jones!

Wanted to keep it on so I can remember the experience!!!��
It goes immediately!
Hey, while I’m here and you guys are so helpful, the dealer gave a value pack.....
(The gateway package is your life time warranty on tint, window chips, paint sealent and door guards that’s added to our of our vehicles.)
What issues do we have with our paint? I’ve heard it’s brittle and chips. The sealer sounds like what my detailer uses to protect paint and durability.
Thanks
Fredz
Old 01-18-2019, 09:45 AM   #21
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by gm2376 View Post
drives me nuts when dealers put there stupid stickers on a new car
Mine had Auto Nation stuff ALL over the car, in the door jambs, on each window, etc.

The window and door stuff was all 'anti-theft' stuff. Anti-theft stickers...

Damn. Just amazing.

Congratz man. That is many people's dream car.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI

Last edited by InFiD3ViL; 01-18-2019 at 10:01 AM.
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 09:55 AM   #22
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
I MIGHT even take that car over my 5th Gen!
Old 01-18-2019, 09:11 PM   #23
marklsx

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS
That car looks like it's going to kick someone's ass. Beautiful ride!
Old 01-18-2019, 10:31 PM   #24
fredz
Just another car Jones!

thanks...........had such a problem getting squared away from dealer to me...........just a pisser. Finally, it will be here tomorrow, 1/19, and I am pumped! It's probably kick my ass first!!!!
Ok, quick questions for you.
I know this is the wrong forum but since I am here.......

1. Why doesn't more owners bring up the drive mode options to open the butterfly in the exhaust that is an option, vs pulling a fuse etc? It does the exact same thing, i believe and it is on the menu!!
2. should I still choose to go louder.....is there a nice easy and resonable procedure to get the sound vs putting a whole new exhaust system? Not up for modifying it that much.

thanks. fredz
Old 01-19-2019, 01:18 AM   #25
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1
There are different tones with various mufflers and headers and resonators and cat delete pipes combos.
A cat delete with resonators and NPP open flap fuse pull is TOO LOUD. Under light acceleration it isn't too bad but normal pulling away from a light or more enthusiastic go pedal makes too much noise. Every idiot around you wants to race you and race past you in their slow beat up 4cyl camry's, pickups and whatever vehicle $1000 can buy.
silversleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 01:39 PM   #26
CHRISCAM

Drives: 2013 Summit White 2SS/1LE
Hey Fredz, congrats on a beautiful and sinister-looking ZL1! I was curious about where you purchased it and how the transaction went, fees & registration-wise.
Looks like you're located here in SoCal in Hermosa Beach, correct? You purchased the car in AZ.
Was the dealer in AZ able to process the registration and pay the fees for registration in CA? Just curious, because I'm looking at some potential purchase options from AZ dealers, but I didn't want to get stuck having to pay AZ and CA DMV fees. Let me know.

Cheers,
Chris
CHRISCAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 02:16 PM   #27
fredz
Just another car Jones!

Hey, Chris. I will give you the honest and factual answer. I will try to keep it as brief as possible.
I looked everywhere here in So Cal. Not great luck in great pricing. Found one in Ariz and texted them and they got back immediately. Owner, J , was the call. I went thru all possible reductions I could get as I was paying cash. Got a lot of great discounts..all fair and reasonable. (pm me and i will detail rather than here) As it was around 1/7 i wanted the car as fast as possible! I planned to fly out, buy and drive home. Was told because of local fees, it was same price to have it shipped so I went that route.
Well, as it turned out...the delays were endless and painful. I said email pics of paperwork so I can review and then just sign upon receiving Fedex. Getting email took another day for some nutty reason, and the car was on order to be shipped. I wanted a confirmed date so i could be ready. Owner's son, J2, got in the mix to help. At first it was always 'I will do everything and anything to keep the pace." Then it just didn't move expeditiously! a few days turned into a week, I had wired my $66k so to help speed things up, which it didn't! On top of this.....I had the finance guy call me to go over details to validate everything. Then, he says...'now I want to let you know the warranty says LIMITED coverage for both the 3/36 and 5/60. He explained only defective, misinstalled, or ?? was covered. Anything else was up for interrpretation. I have bought tons of cars but I admit, this being a very special car, maybe I needed to pay attention to this. Got off phone, called my dealer and wrencher pals and they called BS. So, as all car warranties go...bumper to bumper on 3/36 and PowerTrain on 5/60.
So talked to finance guy and just let him hang hisself by trying to upsell me an Estended W. I got off and called J2. Told him his guy is flat out lying and he agreed and said he would handle things and get Fin guy off my order.
Now we are a week away from original date , Thurs 1/17 was ship date, and here we are on Tues and no papers. Wed I get them, wrong address, but get them , sign them, and Fedex back ASAP. I said you'll have them tomorrow, Thurs, so keep my ship date in tact. Everyone promised but no one followed up. Finally, I pressed for driver's cell to see where it was. J2 gave it to me and all seemed fine. I call Driver Andy to see where he is and he said Los Vegas. I asked how in the heck could he get me my car from LV as it was 3:00 pm. He said he wasn't scheduled to get it to me until Sat. SO NOW I AM IN SEMI RAGE MODE. Turns out, dealer called a broker, then they called the shipper and they got the schedule to driver. Noone told anyone of this so they all either knew and lied, didn't know and were caught off guard, or just inadequate.
I sent a joint text, telling them the story, told them dissappointment was behind as car is on for Sat. but they totally screwed up an otherwise good transaction. NO REPLY as yet. I also had finance guy in the group text and said " my suggestion to you is NEVER EVER tell someone what you told me which is total bullshi#. You lied and that is not something a lot of people are going to appreciate!! BOZO!
However, the dealership gave a good price, stuck by their word so in 1/2 hour I am meeting the driver and get my car, Hallaluha!!
They did not tax me nor register me. I have to do that in Cali. I have appointment later this month. will be an ugly 10 %. I did this whole thing 11/2 years ago when I bought my GT350. one day paperwork, flew out and drove home.
BTW....i did pay Ariz taxes on my 350 but only paid the diff here in calif. So you don't get hammered twice.
Long story, bad in some ways and great in others. Car price was better by about 3k.
hope that helps...............Im off to drive it like i stole it.
Old 01-19-2019, 03:41 PM   #28
CHRISCAM

Drives: 2013 Summit White 2SS/1LE
Thanks for the reply. Yikes! That was a nightmare experience getting the car to you! Good to hear that it arrived OK and you can now enjoy it.
I was under the impression that perhaps out of state dealerships might still be able to connect with CA DMV and get the car registered in CA from their location, but I guess it's just not that simple.
Oh well, I guess I'll just have to keep my eye out for better pricing here in CA. I hope to be able to come back on this site in the near future with my own 'celebratory lap' in my (hopefully low mile) 5th gen.
CHRISCAM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
#driving fast, #goodride, #sound