Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-13-2009, 07:34 AM   #1
markmass
TRI-COUNTY CAMAROS

Drives: 2SS/RS Oct 2009
Simply unbelievable......Am i getting paranoid?

So my 2SS/RS -- BRIGHT BLOODY YELLOW is 2 weeks old. First week, 200 miles and some clown puts a door ding just above the rear wheel arch. Fortunately a local dent'n'detail (off the hook accessories) did a fantastic job at popping it out - went in from the underside, drilled through the first skin, resealed it etc ($75.00)
Last night, while I was admiring it with my fellow soccer directors we watched as someone reveresed into the front of it! And this was AFTER I moved it from what i thought was a dodgy spot - needless to say we were all speechless - Fortunately zero damage - nada, more of a 1/2 MPH roll into the plastic bumper - anyway he got out and had the cheek to say " I didn't see it" --- See it!!! It's BRIGHT %&^$#@ YELLOW!!!!!
I have a 99 Mustang GT - nice car 100k miles - had it 3 years and not one mark, not an incident nothing ---- why is it happening with the new one:(
I will not be driving it to the pub tonight....not that I'm supersticious - it's cos my misses won't let me!!
markmass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 08:02 AM   #2
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
It's cursed....sell it!!
Old 11-13-2009, 08:41 AM   #3
Eric-MPD1.com

Drives: Cool parts for cool cars
You are thinking about it to much! Its called the law of attraction. You are attracting what you are thinking about even if you obviously dont want it.

Hope that helps
Eric-MPD1.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 08:45 AM   #4
Crowley
Okie doke

Drives: 2012 GT500
This car is cursed. I have had 3 door dings with this car in less than 4 months of ownership. That is more than the past 3 cars put together over a much longer time. No changes in parking etc (still park away from people when I can).

Sometimes I think that the doors have memory built into them and at a predetermined time, a ding will appear out of nowhere.
Old 11-13-2009, 09:18 AM   #5
smhss

Drives: '11 Silverado, '10 Camaro 2SS...
Send a message via Yahoo to smhss
I need therapy. I keep coming here, reading this stuff...I picked my SS up on July 15th and it only has 750 miles to date. Yes, I am scared to drive it. Like I said, I need help!
smhss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 09:30 AM   #6
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Park way far, walk long walk, no dings... Name:  0002012E.gif
Views: 633
Size:  69.6 KB

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 09:43 AM   #7
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
So how are you enjoying the states? You have to be from England. Bloody... dodgy... pub...

Sorry your car seems to be a target. Can't see how people could miss the yellow!
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 09:58 AM   #8
markmass
TRI-COUNTY CAMAROS

Drives: 2SS/RS Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
So how are you enjoying the states? You have to be from England. Bloody... dodgy... pub...

Sorry your car seems to be a target. Can't see how people could miss the yellow!
Loving it.. been here 10 years in South Florida, met a bunch of brits - life is good. Only miss the Curry, got used to the bacon (still not sure what happens to the rest of the beast) Heading out to do the full citizenship early next year.

I think after the first couple of knocks - that's it now, I'll be positive (and as previous thread says park'n'walk)
markmass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 11:46 AM   #9
Skyblu

Drives: 2010 Aqua blue 2SS/RS M6
yep, I think it is cursed, I had a cavalier like that it was a "hit magnet" tree even fell on it at work in the parking lot! My husband now has the current hit magnet in his 2008 duramax, he doesn't have any good sides left on it! The only thing untouched at this time is the roof(knock on wood) I told him to get rid of it before it kills him like christine!
Skyblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 01:13 PM   #10
Rcfiddy1
Sold car...

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2SS/RS #37115
florida...that says it all.....

But honestly, I park way out the way of anyone else since here in NY/NJ you cant trust anyone. I find if I park at the A$$ end of a lot i will come out and see someone else right next to me even when there is 5000 other spots. Its just people be stupid.
Rcfiddy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 01:36 PM   #11
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Dude, I feel your pain. I haven't had anyone back into it yet, knock on wood... My 02 is my daily driver, so I have to expect some small stuff, but on Halloween some kid opened their door too far and now I have a ding (and a small chip) in the driver door.

After that, we come walking out of the haunted house (I had parked as FAR away as possible. Away from EVERYONE) to find a family of is 6 crowded around the back of the car. One kid (maybe around 9 yrs old) is sitting on my rear bumper, and almost everyone looks to be leaning on the car. Daddy has one of the kids hoisted up so he can SIT on the back fender. I click the alarm, and no one moves a muscle, except daddy, who pulls his kid off the car, but still doesn't even look at us. I have to tell the kids myself to get away from the car, and my girl has to wade thru their a$ses ("Excuse me, excuse me, excuse me") just to get to the damned door.

We get in, I start the motor, they are still standing behind the car, so I wind the motor up, just a bit, to let them know I'm backing up now. Took all my willpower not to throw it in reverse and gun it quick to scare em.

Anyways, I back out, and come alongside fatherofthef_ckingyear, but I don't look at him, because I know if he gives me any nasty looks, I'm prone to jump out the car and teach him some manners in front of his family.
When we get home, I discover the final insult- a giant lugee on the hood.

Day after next, after I'd washed the car, I come out to find some dog had put his muddy paws all along the side of the car, (must have been a cat or something on the roof, cuz there were alot of pawprints) and now I have vertical claw scratches just below the window, and on the rear fender.

I wash this car 2-3 times a week, wax religiously every month, and park it defensively. Seem like some stuff is just gonna happen, no matter what you do...

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 02:07 PM   #12
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by markmass View Post
Loving it.. been here 10 years in South Florida, met a bunch of brits - life is good. Only miss the Curry, got used to the bacon (still not sure what happens to the rest of the beast) Heading out to do the full citizenship early next year.

I think after the first couple of knocks - that's it now, I'll be positive (and as previous thread says park'n'walk)
Cool, well welcome!! I was in London last year. A very brief visit and I LOVED it! I want to go back for longer and see more. I "saw" a lot but it was a "hey kids look, Big Ben, Parliment" type thing. My wife and I were there for 2 nights only. We did have fish and chips and Hi-tea. Fun stuff!
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 02:11 PM   #13
ROD1
Retired

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS V6 #1301 DOB 3/23/09
For some reason, this is the season of careless drivers. Seems every fall up here is when my cars get all beat up by morons at walmart.
ROD1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 02:58 PM   #14
quorum

Drives: SS/RS
It's very simple folks. When people see a nice car that attracts their attention - they park next to it. It allows them to inconspicuously look at it without attracting attention to themselves. It also gives them a guarantee that someone like themselves is not going to ding their own car.